Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

I've noticed in my single player game that I'm somehow getting player kills. I just got the achievement for 10 player kills and I've never played on a server. Is this a part of the mod or is something about my game screwed up?

Killed bandits or survivors? Maybe they count as "players" since they are human.

I've noticed in my single player game that I'm somehow getting player kills. I just got the achievement for 10 player kills and I've never played on a server. Is this a part of the mod or is something about my game screwed up?

Nightstalkers count as player kills for some reason.

Hi, Im trying to find Demonic Essence, have killed a bunch of demonic zombies in radiated zones none dropped, I herd about portals yet have yet to find a single one. By the way I am playing on the darkness falls map (large).

Thank for any help in advance.

Nightstalkers count as player kills for some reason.

It's because the stalker uses a class I made that extends from EntityNPC, and EntityNPC counts as player kills.

Hi, Im trying to find Demonic Essence, have killed a bunch of demonic zombies in radiated zones none dropped, I herd about portals yet have yet to find a single one. By the way I am playing on the darkness falls map (large).

Thank for any help in advance.

Pretty much just kill demons and hope it drops in the loot. Portals have a good chance of demonic essence in them when destroyed.

Sorry for the translation from Russian, this is Google :))

Played this mod in alpha 18!

Awful !!!

You need to urgently change the concept! What was good in alpha 17 is completely unacceptable here!

1. For example, I found a shotgun circuit 8 times, but I can’t do it.

Why do I need YOUR BOOKS?

2. I take a class, I can make some kind of home-made gun and the same rifle. Why, if I can already make a normal gun?

YOU URGENTLY NEEDED TO CHANGE THE CONCEPT !!!!

I can offer the following. As an addition to the game, not an outdated alteration

1. Since pumping classes are outdated and your books conflict with the main game.

Make the choice of the CLASS allow you to make purple things and weapons, while without it, only blue as in the main game! Then it makes sense to take classes and collect books.

Leave the possibilities of the main game to look for books, or upgrade skills!

And now some nonsense! I can make a very complicated gun, but I can’t make an elementary shotgun.

Half of the books of the main game, work, half not !!

Raw, very raw product!

If you don't like it, don't play it.

It's an overhaul.

It's not going to be like vanilla.

The mod is basically the same in A18 as it was in A17, but with some of A18's new features being used. Even then, it plays more like A16 with A17 and A18 features in it, because A16 was actually good.

I suggest you use modlets to customise your vanilla game instead of using overhauls like Darkness Falls, because you will be very disappointed.

Fact of the matter is, i've got a discord full of people who are very happy with the product (aside from some bugs), so you're in the minority.

But let me addres ssome of your issues.

1) You have to find a shotgun book in vanilla to make a shotgun too. The difference in Darkness Falls is you can't make the shotgun PARTS. You need a lathe.

2) The home made gun and rifle are because you can't just make a gun like you can in vanilla.

3) The pumping of classes is not outdated. Unless you never played an RPG in your life.

4) The cap for crafting items is purple (quality 60) UNLESS you take a class. Then it's red. (quality 71).

Most of the books from the main game work, so you're talking nonsense. The few that don't have been fixed so they now do.

If you think you can do better, please go ahead and try. I'll be along to absolutely trash-talk your product when I find something I don't like because it doesn't cater to my very narrow-minded playstyle.

EDIT: And this is important for anyone reading the thread. I welcome criticism. When it's... y'know... helpful. This wasn't. It was just a rage.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Awful !!!

You need to urgently change the concept! What was good in alpha 17 is completely unacceptable here!

2. I take a class, I can make some kind of home-made gun and the same rifle. Why, if I can already make a normal gun?

I can offer the following. As an addition to the game, not an outdated alteration

1. Since pumping classes are outdated and your books conflict with the main game.

Make the choice of the CLASS allow you to make purple things and weapons, while without it, only blue as in the main game! Then it makes sense to take classes and collect books.

And now some nonsense! I can make a very complicated gun, but I can’t make an elementary shotgun.

Raw, very raw product!

You are kidding... This is the best mod for 7 Days. In germany we say: When a farmer can´t swim then the swimming trunk is the reason. Maybe the problem is in the middle of your ears.

If you don't like it, don't play it.

It's an overhaul.

It's not going to be like vanilla.

The mod is basically the same in A18 as it was in A17, but with some of A18's new features being used. Even then, it plays more like A16 with A17 and A18 features in it, because A16 was actually good.

I suggest you use modlets to customise your vanilla game instead of using overhauls like Darkness Falls, because you will be very disappointed.

Fact of the matter is, i've got a discord full of people who are very happy with the product (aside from some bugs), so you're in the minority.

But let me addres ssome of your issues.

1) You have to find a shotgun book in vanilla to make a shotgun too. The difference in Darkness Falls is you can't make the shotgun PARTS. You need a lathe.

2) The home made gun and rifle are because you can't just make a gun like you can in vanilla.

3) The pumping of classes is not outdated. Unless you never played an RPG in your life.

4) The cap for crafting items is purple (quality 60) UNLESS you take a class. Then it's red. (quality 71).

Most of the books from the main game work, so you're talking nonsense. The few that don't have been fixed so they now do.

If you think you can do better, please go ahead and try. I'll be along to absolutely trash-talk your product when I find something I don't like because it doesn't cater to my very narrow-minded playstyle.

EDIT: And this is important for anyone reading the thread. I welcome criticism. When it's... y'know... helpful. This wasn't. It was just a rage.

Once again I remind you this Google translator!

You are mistaken if you think that I criticize, viciously!

Maybe a little emotional!

But I wanted to convey to you ideas on the basis of which you could improve your mod so that it becomes even better!

At 17.4 This is perhaps the best mod.

I will also comment on you.

1. I meant that how much I studied some books, with recipes, including a shotgun, but they should be marked as not studied!

2. All the same, you will agree, when at 17 there were no books, it was original, and now, the concept of the mod intersects with the main one.

That's why I'm trying to just suggest ideas that, after rethinking by you, can change the mod.

It is possible to make such an opportunity, for example, 3-5 of your books will be equal to one of the main game!

In my opinion, the damage of a firearm is not enough. Yes and melee too! Flesh is flesh! And absolutely all the same, a zombie, an animal, a person, a weapon must destroy, stop the warg, and otherwise, what a weapon!

Increasing damage to melee weapons will allow you to stretch the initial phase of the game, which will make it more interesting!

Well, this is my personal opinion.

P.S. I lost to your mod 5 times, maybe I'm not so vizyuchy, but I have never managed to find an inkwell! :(

But I wanted to convey to you ideas on the basis of which you could improve your mod so that it becomes even better!

1. I meant that how much I studied some books, with recipes, including a shotgun, but they should be marked as not studied!

2. All the same, you will agree, when at 17 there were no books, it was original, and now, the concept of the mod intersects with the main one.

That's why I'm trying to just suggest ideas that, after rethinking by you, can change the mod.

It is possible to make such an opportunity, for example, 3-5 of your books will be equal to one of the main game!

In my opinion, the damage of a firearm is not enough. Yes and melee too! Flesh is flesh! And absolutely all the same, zombies, animals, people, weapons must destroy, stop the warg, and otherwise, what kind of weapon!

Increasing damage to melee weapons will allow you to stretch the initial phase of the game, which will make it more interesting!

P.S. I lost to your mod 5 times, maybe I'm not so vizyuchy, but I have never managed to find an inkwell! :(

- - - Updated - - -

You are kidding... This is the best mod for 7 Days. In germany we say: When a farmer can´t swim then the swimming trunk is the reason. Maybe the problem is in the middle of your ears.

You are mistaken if someone is trying to express an opinion in fashion, so he somehow wants to improve it!

Or do you think it is better to keep silent and play another!

Awful !!!

Raw, very raw product!

Your kinda like the only one that doesnt like this mod or has issues with this mod....

Df has a huge following whom all seem to enjoy the mod. But not even putin is forcing you to play df if you dont want to... mmmmmmkay

Okay, vicious "criticism," aside, I have a question. If I'm opted into 18.3 EXP and I try to install the mod from Steam, will it install with the experimental version, or the latest stable?

(I'm currently opted into experimental, and I kinda don't want to go back to stable until 18.3 becomes stable if I can help it...)

The experiemental version of the mod is currently the OLD version of 2.4 before it went stable, so unfortunately it won't work.

I'm hoping to have an experimental version of DF 2.5 out this week that WILL work on A18.3b4 :) (Just updated it yesterday for testers)

Once again I remind you this Google translator!

In my opinion, the damage of a firearm is not enough. Yes and melee too! Flesh is flesh! And absolutely all the same, a zombie, an animal, a person, a weapon must destroy, stop the warg, and otherwise, what a weapon!

<snipped a bit for length>

1) You're missing the point. Darkness Falls has all the vanilla books AND MORE. The difference is the books unlock PERKS, not recipes. They do that so PLAYERS have the choice of spending a point in a perk (or more if necessary), or find the book.

Why? Because it's annoying to go looking for books when you don't want to level... for example... advanced engineering 3 times just to get a cement mixer.

2) Based on the above, no. It's not at odds with vanilla. You can still go find books to learn things, they just unlock PERKS, not RECIPES.

If you read the PERKS, you would know this.

As for the "books not showing if learnt or not" thing, that's on TFP. I'm already working on a system to refund a book to the player if they read it and the perk is unlocked.

And firearm damage is the same as vanilla, by base stats. If you bother to learn the action skills and their sub-perks, it's actually HIGHER than vanilla. Some of the guns are actually BUFFED vs vanilla (Primitive Bow and the basic Pistol immediately come to mind)

Please actually do some research, either by playing or looking in the files, before complaining.

Hi Sir Khaine.

I'm a new user of the mod and loving the challenges so far. Thanks so much for the effort!

I'm not in game right now so I'm probably not accurate for asking the following:

1. What perks govern DPS and effectiveness of the stun baton? In vanilla, increasing intelligence would also increase headshot dmg , etc. for stun baton and turret.

I saw a vid in vanilla saying that the stun duration and dismember chance are broken and is less effective as what they were shown in the

perk stats. Is there any improvement in this mod?.

2. Does perk automatic weapons affect turret dps?

3. Is there any existing wiki page where the mod has quide on its mechanics, skill tree, etc updated to Alpha 18?

4. I played some quests with my friends and we shared quests. We tried going to one of the quests. When we arrived on marker (i was the one leading), I cant accept the quest. It just says to waiting to start quest, which I guess, can only be activated by one of my friends who accepted it. The weird thing is my friends see the quest symbol on their compass, but they cannot see the quest marker on the ground. I can see it perfectly fine, but there is no 'Start Quest' prompt. Any ideas on this?

EDIT:

Also, my friend spawned some forgetting elixirs. When i drank it, my pts reset, but my class progression for Mechanic is bugged? I finished the class quests before already. Now i cant invest points into tier 3-5 of some skills in the mechanic class. It says I have to finish quest chain (which i already did prior to reset). Any workaround for this?

Edited by Keino2020 (see edit history)

Minor Bug

Started a new game on Medium2 . Chose Farmer and Laborer as starting classes. During Stage 3 of Farmers Quest, you must builld 4 Plots, place 4 plots, sow 2 Golden Rod, and Sow 2 Yucca seeds respectively . This is where the bug comes in, and although minor, it does create a little tense situation. When you place the plots, the plots acquired reduces. So you can't complete the quest with 4 plots, but you need to craft 8 plots, and place 4 so that you still have 4 in inventory.

So if you did like I did and planned my perk points around getting Sous Cheff from finishing that quest..it creates a situation where I now have to scramble to hopefully find food before I starve.

Image+2020-01-23+at+5.26.34+PM.png?v=1a04fc8d9a534cec0ba1ee665e519dbd

I love this mod...I just wish the spiders were gone. :miserable:

Pretty easy to edit the entity group xml to remove them yourself. There are only few entries for them. Just change animalSpider to another animal and poof. I would go with animalBoar for an easier time or animalWolfMale to keep a little of the tension.

Thats what I did with the vultures cause they really annoy me.

Heads up, just woke up, haven't had coffee yet. If things are worded... odd... or sound annoyed, not intentional. ;)

Hi Sir Khaine.

I'm a new user of the mod and loving the challenges so far. Thanks so much for the effort!

I'm not in game right now so I'm probably not accurate for asking the following:

1. What perks govern DPS and effectiveness of the stun baton? In vanilla, increasing intelligence would also increase headshot dmg , etc. for stun baton and turret.

I saw a vid in vanilla saying that the stun duration and dismember chance are broken and is less effective as what they were shown in the

perk stats. Is there any improvement in this mod?.

2. Does perk automatic weapons affect turret dps?

3. Is there any existing wiki page where the mod has quide on its mechanics, skill tree, etc updated to Alpha 18?

4. I played some quests with my friends and we shared quests. We tried going to one of the quests. When we arrived on marker (i was the one leading), I cant accept the quest. It just says to waiting to start quest, which I guess, can only be activated by one of my friends who accepted it. The weird thing is my friends see the quest symbol on their compass, but they cannot see the quest marker on the ground. I can see it perfectly fine, but there is no 'Start Quest' prompt. Any ideas on this?

EDIT:

Also, my friend spawned some forgetting elixirs. When i drank it, my pts reset, but my class progression for Mechanic is bugged? I finished the class quests before already. Now i cant invest points into tier 3-5 of some skills in the mechanic class. It says I have to finish quest chain (which i already did prior to reset). Any workaround for this?

1) Stun baton is sort-of improved by blunt weapons. Stun chance isn't altered but base damage is.

2) Turret master perk still affects DPS. That's a mechanic perk.

3) No, but one of the testers is working on one.

4) I think i've seen that in vanilla. Was it trader quests or quests started by items? Just trying to find out so me and the wife can test it later.

And the fergettin' elixir was removed from being made/found/looted because it breaks characters. So... no. ;)

Minor Bug

Started a new game on Medium2 . Chose Farmer and Laborer as starting classes. During Stage 3 of Farmers Quest, you must builld 4 Plots, place 4 plots, sow 2 Golden Rod, and Sow 2 Yucca seeds respectively . This is where the bug comes in, and although minor, it does create a little tense situation. When you place the plots, the plots acquired reduces. So you can't complete the quest with 4 plots, but you need to craft 8 plots, and place 4 so that you still have 4 in inventory.

So if you did like I did and planned my perk points around getting Sous Cheff from finishing that quest..it creates a situation where I now have to scramble to hopefully find food before I starve.

Image+2020-01-23+at+5.26.34+PM.png?v=1a04fc8d9a534cec0ba1ee665e519dbd

So... that's actually NOT a bug. That's how the base game works for the "gather" objective. I had to set it as gather instead of craft because craft would occasionally cause a quest to throw an NRE... completely randomly... for no reason. What you need to do is make the 4 and do not place them. Once you've made all 4, the number turns green and "Locks", so then you can place them.

I love this mod...I just wish the spiders were gone. :miserable:

I wish their death animation worked. It's all hooked up right, but doesn't seen to do anything.

Will you be fleshing out the Scavenger Class? Also it says that it will upgrade pistols by 2 tiers in the first class rank, does that mean it will go up by 20 in mod?

Edit: Yes it goes up by 20.

As of V2.5, scavenger has a mastery perk. It grants the titanium knuckles and desert eagle recipies. It also improves the bonuses gained from the Wasteland Treasures perk by approx 10%.

Hey KhaineGB,

Any Idea what's causing this? Super weird.

Screenshot-137.png

Large Version: https://ibb.co/x5ghwNb

Update: I looked on the Unity forums and I guess clearing up some space on my hard drive is the solution. I did that and also updated your modlets via mod launcher and now I can play.

I see you fixed it, but i've also had that from the game running out of system RAM.

You know if you boot the game, load your world, click exit to go back to menu, click continue to re-load the world, etc? Yeah, keep doing that and it'll max out your RAM and crash.

Found that out from fixing up gun attachments. :)

Can you only get plutonium and uranium from the surface boulders? I've dug underneath them and see no gravel leading to a vein. Not sure if I'm just unlucky or missing something.

Edit: Why can you put titanium, iron, lead, brass, and clay in the fusion forge when you can't do anything with them in the fusion forge? Can't craft anything with any of them or take them out.

Edited by Kresdja (see edit history)