Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Hi ive been trying to play this mod but i cant even generate a world. on the loading screen i get an out of memory exception error and it closes. I did play it on alpha 17 without any problems, but now i have this one, what can i do?

I had the same issue on vanilla, I think (not the mod), in a18. I deleted the game, all 7D folders on my comp, and also deleted my character profiles (I think this is key) and ticked off persistent profiles so they aren't being used between worlds. Hopefully it works for you to do this. If it doesn't work, try it again. Honestly, I think I deleted and then downloaded the game and all related files several times before I finally got it to work again. Completely wiped the game and all remnants of it. Seemed to fix that issue. I also am not using the mod launcher. Found issues with that in a18.

- - - Updated - - -

Khaine, can we update 18.2 in one of the large worlds to 18.3 without it screwing up the save files? Just noticed you updated the mod, but not sure when (can't find the update post you made with this info, if you made one, in this thread).

How do you use the baby animals?

Pretty sure it's just a left click. There are still some issues with animals I want to go investigate.

Hi ive been trying to play this mod but i cant even generate a world. on the loading screen i get an out of memory exception error and it closes. I did play it on alpha 17 without any problems, but now i have this one, what can i do?

I'd try the suggestion that Likasil made. I know some folks have been saying they can generate 8k works on 8GB RAM, but it's worth making sure you have virtual memory on as well.

I've been playing small maps because my server only supports 8192 maps. Which DFalls-Small map is best? 1,2,3,4? Thanks.

I like 3. Not entirely sure why, I think it's the spawn points and POI's nearby, but I like it.

Khaine, can we update 18.2 in one of the large worlds to 18.3 without it screwing up the save files? Just noticed you updated the mod, but not sure when (can't find the update post you made with this info, if you made one, in this thread).

18.2 to 18.3 100% needs a new save due to edited progression.

Guest JiBBz357

Hi, Been playing on my friends server but yesterday while doing the laborer's class quest 5/6 once I finished I never got the 6/6 Class Quest. Is there a way to fix this? Or atleast remove the class and start over?

So some friends and I are enjoying the mod on my server.

One MAJOR problem we are having though. I found trader Jen in the wastelands (Hurray!) except when I opened the dialog to see her inventory, my error console was non-stop spammed with error messages saying this object reference not set to an instance of an object. Trader Jen got stuck in a never-ending dialogue loop, consonantly saying all of her spoken lines over and over and over and over.... I teleported myself back to my base, but could still hear her dialogue loop, and still couldn't do anything due to my error message console screen being unable to close due to the amount of errors.

Restarted game, same thing.

Died, same thing.

Had to completely delete my character to get rid of it.

Then, a second player stumbled upon her. Same issue.

I reinstalled the mod, we are using the experimental version, and went back to her... same issue.

Any ideas?

I'd try the suggestion that Likasil made. I know some folks have been saying they can generate 8k works on 8GB RAM, but it's worth making sure you have virtual memory on as well.

I already tried that, but with no luck unfortunately. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game many times deleting all existing folders of the game on my pc including the one that is in AppData. Also tried it with mod launcher and manually. with virtual memory im not sure, i have a rx 580 4gb, and 8 gb ram. I tried with all the Dfalls small maps available but i dont really know what else can i do

Hi, Been playing on my friends server but yesterday while doing the laborer's class quest 5/6 once I finished I never got the 6/6 Class Quest. Is there a way to fix this? Or atleast remove the class and start over?

You need admin access on the server.

Then do givequest quest_classtraininglaborer6

I already tried that, but with no luck unfortunately. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game many times deleting all existing folders of the game on my pc including the one that is in AppData. Also tried it with mod launcher and manually. with virtual memory im not sure, i have a rx 580 4gb, and 8 gb ram. I tried with all the Dfalls small maps available but i dont really know what else can i do

With 8GB RAM, if you're playing experimental then I'd try Nav, cos I edited it to work with DF.

So I been having an issue since reinstalling 7D2D recently. The main menu buttons have no text and if I click any of them the console opens and it errors out and I have to use the shutdown command to close 7D or crash it via Task Manager. Included is a screenshot of the main menu. Any and all assistance would be appreciated. I have an i9 9980XE, a 2080Ti and 32GB of 4133Mz G Skill GDDR4 RAM, Plus I'm completely water cooled and overclocked on a ROG Strix X299-E MOBO. 7d2ddf.thumb.jpg.170eca3cbd2f8ae59467a3e9daa152ca.jpg

It means you're in the wrong workbench.

If you check block/item descriptions, it will tell you what workstation and tool are required. In the case of forges, the more expensive one will be normal forge/big forge and the cheaper one will be advanced forge.

@KhaineGB

I got installed custom zombies with your mod in the same time, but now i uninstalled custom zombies just from "mods" folder

Now console spam all the time with that: ( check ss )

I think it laggs my game a little

Any fix for it?952899627_Beztytu322u.jpg.369eb36d85c11bc721111a40a692c78d.jpg

@Edit: + i have broken loot bags ( i mean when im trying to search them, ui dissapearing and i think it have ifninite loop to search it, i cant do anything than click ESC, then all going back to normal ) btw i've installed your mod for longer lootbags ( ive uninstalled it already )

Edited by Falcon337 (see edit history)

Did you wipe your saves and start a new game after uninstalling those mods?

No, but problem with zombies had been fixed by itself. This problem was only is one POI, ( in this time, when i investigated 50% of poi, i uninstalled mod, thats why ( i think ) game reported errors of zombies, because their type have been saved in "save files" ), im not getting any problems after playing for 5 days ( 5 hours real )

But with lootbags problem stays. I dont know why, but i cannot resignate from lootbags, because they are pretty good source of anything to help me with: ( 64 zeds on horde, horde every 3 days and warrior )

Just to cover all bases though, did you delete all character profiles specifically and tick off the persistent profiles option? Honestly, it was these two things that finally got it all to work for me I think. I had plenty of RAM, so I knew that the error didn't make sense. I wish I could tell you how to find the delete profiles, etc...but cannot remember where I found it. Have done this twice, and it worked both times...but for some reason can never remember how I found it each time.

@KhaineGB

I got installed custom zombies with your mod in the same time, but now i uninstalled custom zombies just from "mods" folder

Now console spam all the time with that: ( check ss )

I think it laggs my game a little

Any fix for it?[ATTACH=CONFIG]31308[/ATTACH]

@Edit: + i have broken loot bags ( i mean when im trying to search them, ui dissapearing and i think it have ifninite loop to search it, i cant do anything than click ESC, then all going back to normal ) btw i've installed your mod for longer lootbags ( ive uninstalled it already )

I've went back to threads from November 16, 2019 in the mods forum and can't find any custom zombie mods. I'd assume the mod had more than just mod folder stuff in it and removing only the mod folder isn't enough. Your picture is extremely small and blowing it up to attempt to read the words makes it too pixelated to read. I'm not Khaine and I'm not a modder, but I suspect you'll have to remove mods, validate steam files, then start over.