Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

I have been looking but where do I find the pre-made map and or seed? If some one can explain how to set it up do I ad df-medium to seed or game name? is df-medium how it should be written?

When you create the game, there's arrows for game name. You can switch through navezgane, various territories and valleys, random gen, and the df maps. They will all be labeled DF-*** where *** is either small, medium, or large. I believe small and medium have multiple maps, so there will be numbers after small and medium.

You can. Point the GameWorld to the world name, I believe.

Ok I have found the maps in darkness_falls/data/worlds now to figure out how to point my serverconfig to the properly!!

Could someone post the section of the serverconfig file? We would like to restart on a premade map but stuck on stupid tonight.

Edited by jasonsaffle13 (see edit history)

Ok I have found the maps in darkness_falls/data/worlds now to figure out how to point my serverconfig to the properly!!

Could someone post the section of the serverconfig file? We would like to restart on a premade map but stuck on stupid tonight.

I'm not sure how you set up your server. It's been a while since I last setup a server. This is going by whats on the wiki(serverconfig.xml):

<!-- GAMEPLAY -->

<!-- World -->

<property name="GameWorld" value="Navezgane"/>

You would change Navezgane to DFalls-Large if you wanted the large DF map. I assume the proper name is what the folder name is in the "Worlds" folder.

<!-- GAMEPLAY -->

<!-- World -->

<property name="GameWorld" value="DFalls-Large"/>

Like so. Again, it's been a while and things may have changed. This should at least give you a good idea though.

Personal opinion, experimental. I don't forsee any changes that would require a restart. Mostly just bug fixes. However, dont use a medium map as it has distant terrain issues so i'm regenerating them to fix it.

1) Fixed. It's partially to do with block damage as well (more block damage = less resources = less XP)

2) Welcome to servers. Not fixable. You can reproduce it on vanilla too (me and the wife did in 18.0 experimental)

thank you

i have a problem i have downloade this mod with the mod launcher but when i launch the game in the main menu it wont show me any text .

i can click on the buttons without text but thats pretty hard

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31277[/ATTACH]

what do i need to do to correct this

Mod launcher is using Darkness Falls 2.4, which is for alpha 18.2. You're currently running alpha 18.3. Revert back to alpha 18.2 or download the experimental version 2.5 of darkness falls from the beginning of this thread.

Hi again Sir Khaine!

Now Day 41. Is this late game already? The day horde is relentless T-T

Just wondering for the following...

1. Technology Crafting: how can the player access these late game perks?

2. Junk Turret: So we noticed lvl 51+ turrets have lesser mag capacity than lower levels. Is this intended for this mod?

3. Advanced Forge: The display values for the smelting and crafting slots are not updating (remains static) when the crafting window is opened. Getting out and reentering the crafting screen will show updated value, though numbers will once again be static. Is this still in development?

4. Will Succubus be part of the late game horde? /(;_;)\

Love the mod so far. Brought out so much potential that the vanilla could have.

Thought i'd better post in here. Worked my butt off all of yesterday, and most of the night (sometimes insomnia is a good thing) to get this update out. Links on the first post are still valid and launcher should be updated. :)

Experimental Build 2

- Updated SphereII's GotoPOISDX which fixes Eve's quest 3 on servers.

- Fixed Eve's voice.

- Adjusted fill rate of irrigation pipes as it was slower than intended.

- Removed the irrigation pipe corner block as it wasn't upgrading properly. (use the joint/t-shaped pipe instead)

- Moved the guard captain in Trader Rekt's prefab to see if it helps with multiple spawn issues.

- Removed QuickContinue from SphereII-Core to prevent potential issues.

- Fixed the trader jen NRE spam on servers because servers have to be special snowflakes.

- Removed the fergettin' elixir from creative since people keep breaking their characters. This is why you can't have nice things.

- Fixed up some food and drink not working if you have the average/good buff.

- Wellness is now displayed on the character stats screen.

- Added localization for craft areas.

- Added localization for tools used in workstations (most languages had this, but not all. Now they do)

- The "can't interact with trader" bug should be fixed.

- Fixed some books not properly levelling perks.

- Demon zombies now have a slow regen.

- Demon bosses (Succubus, Incubus, Demonic Behemoth) now regenerate faster... a lot faster.

- Laser weapons can now disable demon regeneration.

- Made the laser rifle more accurate. Because it's a laser. It shouldn't have a spread like that.

- Slightly increased the reload speed of the laser rifle to be similar to other rifles.

- FINALLY FIXED THE F****** COMBAT SHOTGUN FIRE SOUND WHEN IN FULL AUTO MODE AFTER NEARLY 2 YEARS!!!!

- Most localization duplicates for craft area/tool should now be removed.

- Tuna Sandwich is now Fish Sandwich.

- Fish sandwich can now be made with canned tuna or canned salmon.

- Fish tacos can now be made with canned tuna or canned salmon.

- Mods no longer give extra block damage on the auger due to an XP issue that TFP said they fixed. (they didn't)

- Replaced the medium maps with new ones (created in nitrogen) due to terrain issues. Please be aware these have BIG cities and thus use more RAM. Please also be aware that if you are playing on a medium map, this will VERY LIKELY break your save.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

- Replaced the medium maps with new ones (created in nitrogen) due to terrain issues. Please be aware these have BIG cities and thus use more RAM. Please also be aware that if you are playing on a medium map, this will VERY LIKELY break your save.

Why will this break a savegame? And there are three medium maps, you could make a map with smaller/fewer cities for peoples with weaker rigs?

Why will this break a savegame? And there are three medium maps, you could make a map with smaller/fewer cities for peoples with weaker rigs?

Because he redid all of the medium maps. The new medium maps won't match the old medium maps. Possibly cause a corruption issue. If no corruption issue, the maps will be all jacked up in the areas you haven't explored. I'm no expert at this stuff, so take it as personal opinion. My money would be on save becoming corrupt though.

Because he redid all of the medium maps. The new medium maps won't match the old medium maps. Possibly cause a corruption issue. If no corruption issue, the maps will be all jacked up in the areas you haven't explored. I'm no expert at this stuff, so take it as personal opinion. My money would be on save becoming corrupt though.

Ah, i have misunderstood the context. Did not understand that already existing saves were meant. Thanks for clarification. :)

English is not my native language.

I have been trying to load up the experimental version of Darkness falls(v2.5) but all I have been getting is a long list of XUi font errors so long i cannot see if there were any errors that appeared within the list. And then I some incoherent message and then I am stuck on a frozen screen that can't load into the main menu. I am loading version 2.4 to see if it is just an issue I have with 2.5.

(will post screenshots if i am able to)

EDIT: I have uninstalled and reinstalled both the game and 2.5 and have been able to get it to work. mostly.

however all interactable text have dissapeared.

1310674167_Screenshot(29).jpg.2ca2714042af369d8798204173505cc0.jpg

Edited by Revenant_Isy (see edit history)

I have been trying to load up the experimental version of Darkness falls(v2.5) but all I have been getting is a long list of XUi font errors so long i cannot see if there were any errors that appeared within the list. And then I some incoherent message and then I am stuck on a frozen screen that can't load into the main menu. I am loading version 2.4 to see if it is just an issue I have with 2.5.

(will post screenshots if i am able to)

EDIT: I have uninstalled and reinstalled both the game and 2.5 and have been able to get it to work. mostly.

however all interactable text have dissapeared.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31289[/ATTACH]

2.5 Exp is for 18.3 it looks like you are using 18.2.

^ that.

And for people with weaker rigs, there's the DF Small maps, that are 8k. ;)

So nitrogen does the POI placement now correctly? "The bunker" only in wasteland and so on?

Which version of nitrogen?

No it doesn't. I basically generated the maps and then hand-moved the POI's.

There may be a bug with the 4x4 Chassis' time to craft: it says it takes 64 minutes and 20 seconds.

Huh. I suspect it's like that in vanilla to then. Will have a look later.

Hi sir Khaine!

I'm currently lvl 92 at day 42 on 2.4.

May I ask the following:

1. When or how can I access the late game technology crafting perks?

2. I noticed the junk turret's mag capacity drops down after lvl 51+. Is this intentional?

3. The advanced forge show static values for smelting

4. What are the keycards for?

5. Will Sphereii-mental Performance mod help with fps drop in DF mod? I saw the modlet in mod launcher, but under the Sphereii mods.

6. Will upgrading to alpha 18.3 and DF 2.5 experimental require a new game? Is it compatible with our 2.4 safe?

Hi sir Khaine!

I'm currently lvl 92 at day 42 on 2.4.

May I ask the following:

1. When or how can I access the late game technology crafting perks?

2. I noticed the junk turret's mag capacity drops down after lvl 51+. Is this intentional?

3. The advanced forge show static values for smelting and forging. It refreshes values when reentering its crafting window though.

4. What are the keycards for?

5. Will Sphereii-mental Performance mod help with fps drop in DF mod? I saw the modlet in mod launcher, but under the Sphereii mods.

6. Will upgrading to alpha 18.3 and DF 2.5 experimental require a new game? Is it compatible with our 2.4 safe?