Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

You need research notes and a writing desk.

I can understand YT'ers not playing the mod. They want something stable that won't require wipes for long playthroughs, and obviously I need to keep updating for new game versions... and when I do that, I mess with stuff that WOULD need a wipe (since going between 18.x versions recommends a wipe anways)

)

I follow a spanish one, Buck Fernandez, he does long series. Normally for the mods he plays Ravenhearst but he already said he is going to play DF for longer, Maybe hit him up (cheer up normally is enough). Game4kickz sux, that guy plays doesnt play a full series...

Again, TOP mod, a real DLC tp the Game!

I remember Buck playing the mod in A17. I went on one of his vids and said thank you (had to use google translate though cos I only speak english and bad english) and actually started putting some poor spanish translations into the mod because I didn't realise I had so many spanish players.

I do want to go over the localization and re-do it for ALL of the new languages in 18.3... but...

1) Time. Need to get the mod updated and working for when 18.3 drops (pretty much done).

2) I hate localization. :D

- Advanced forge (which is the better forge) DOES make exactly the same as the others, and the Big Forge uses the same craft list as the normal forge. You can check that in blocks.xml to see what crafting area it uses. (DFBigForge)

There are at least two differences noticed:

- Advanced forge have no bulletproof glass crafting, only big forge

- Cement recipe for big forge requires 12 stone, forge and advanced forge - 3 stone

So I thing there are more differences, also craft window for big forge and advanced looks bugged - missed top left sidebar icons

Hello,

Me and my 2 friends started playing together ( i'm host ) and one of them have problem with security quest - killing zombies don't count for him

What is the problem? Is that because of being in group?

And there is any way to lower ram usage? My other friend have system freeze after ~20min of playing df fall

what settings have biggest impact of using ram?

Edited by Falcon337 (see edit history)

Hi I'm new to both 7dtd (tried it for like 3-4 hours a year ago or something) and Darkness Falls and so far I'm loving it.

I have encountered something I don't understand and I don't know whether it's a bug or a feature. I have found a schematics for bow crafting and read them via backpack (btw is it absolutely necessary to read them via toolbelt?). Now I have the skill "Bow Crafting" level 1 purchased but it's marked in red and descriptions says that it's "disabled by status effect".

Then I read that it requires "Weapon Crafting" level so I purchased it but it's still disabled and no I do not have any negative status effects (not even warm/cold).

Am I missing something? Are there some extra requirements to craft "Wooden Bow"?

Just in case it helps - I'm on day 19 and level 22

Hi,

Just needed to step out of the lurking mode to spread some love and thanks=)

About 1800h in playing mainly Ravenhearst, Darkness falls and True survival back when that was a thing. Yesterday me and the Mrs had the absolute best 7 day horde we have ever had in any mod/vanilla. The panic and the hardships^^ An amazing feat getting this mod to where its at now and with no doubt our favourite mod.

A big thank you Khaine for making this experience possible.

BTW we had like 2 "pre" hordes during the day on day 7, pretty sure screamers had nothing to do with it. Kept spawning in for an hour(ingame) or so then stopped. Is that intended? If it is thats awesome=)

There are at least two differences noticed:

- Advanced forge have no bulletproof glass crafting, only big forge

- Cement recipe for big forge requires 12 stone, forge and advanced forge - 3 stone

So I thing there are more differences, also craft window for big forge and advanced looks bugged - missed top left sidebar icons

1) Yes it does. It just doesn't have all the shapes because of TFP's stupid variant block helper system (which is fixed)

2) It's absolutely NOT POSSIBLE for the forge and big forge to have completely different cement recipes.

If icons are missing, which they weren't for me, that's just a UI_display issue, but since we've never been able to have custom icons for workbenches before A17... that's not exactly a "bug" :p

Hello,

Me and my 2 friends started playing together ( i'm host ) and one of them have problem with security quest - killing zombies don't count for him

What is the problem? Is that because of being in group?

And there is any way to lower ram usage? My other friend have system freeze after ~20min of playing df fall

what settings have biggest impact of using ram?

Your friend needs to check his quest. I bet it says something like "Kill zombies with a pipe pistol" or "Kill zombies using knuckle wraps."

The quest journal is your friend. Use it.

As for RAM, not really. Just play on the smallest map possible and make sure your friend has virtual memory enabled.

Hi I'm new to both 7dtd (tried it for like 3-4 hours a year ago or something) and Darkness Falls and so far I'm loving it.

I have encountered something I don't understand and I don't know whether it's a bug or a feature. I have found a schematics for bow crafting and read them via backpack (btw is it absolutely necessary to read them via toolbelt?). Now I have the skill "Bow Crafting" level 1 purchased but it's marked in red and descriptions says that it's "disabled by status effect".

Then I read that it requires "Weapon Crafting" level so I purchased it but it's still disabled and no I do not have any negative status effects (not even warm/cold).

Am I missing something? Are there some extra requirements to craft "Wooden Bow"?

Just in case it helps - I'm on day 19 and level 22

Needs Weapon Crafting 2 for level 1 of the Bow Crafting perk, Weapon Crafting 3 for level 2 of the perk. It SHOULD say that in the level descriptions... in theory.

As for read from toolbelt, I don't think that's necessary as of A18, but it was in A17. I mean, you can try from backpack. If it works, great. If it doesn't work (which is what used to happen, it just didn't read the book and you still had it), then stick it on your toolbelt. :)

Hi,

Just needed to step out of the lurking mode to spread some love and thanks=)

About 1800h in playing mainly Ravenhearst, Darkness falls and True survival back when that was a thing. Yesterday me and the Mrs had the absolute best 7 day horde we have ever had in any mod/vanilla. The panic and the hardships^^ An amazing feat getting this mod to where its at now and with no doubt our favourite mod.

A big thank you Khaine for making this experience possible.

BTW we had like 2 "pre" hordes during the day on day 7, pretty sure screamers had nothing to do with it. Kept spawning in for an hour(ingame) or so then stopped. Is that intended? If it is thats awesome=)

Glad you enjoyed it :)

That sounds like you may of had a mix of a wandering horde AND a screamer. Because if you get too carried away killing wanderers, screamers do turn up (happened to me and the wife)

Hello, so i'm trying to install Darkness Falls through the 7D2D Mod Manager. It works. My only issue is that i want Sorcery as well. So when i follow directions, i manage modlets, download, install, copy over localization to the Darkness Falls mod directory... and then try to boot up the game on dfalls small2 map, it gets stuck at Creating Player. The console tries to load up Players.xml and then it just hits me with nullreference stuff. I have been doing everything to the T, exactly how it was explained in this thread as well. I've tried turning off Persisent Profiles. I've tried using a new profile. I just don't think that's the issue considering i can play DF perfectly fine without the modlet. If anybody has a workaround or something, i'd greatly appreciate it.

Needs Weapon Crafting 2 for level 1 of the Bow Crafting perk, Weapon Crafting 3 for level 2 of the perk. It SHOULD say that in the level descriptions... in theory.

Right now it says that Bow 1 requires Weapons 1 and Bows 2 - Weapons 2.

As for read from toolbelt, I don't think that's necessary as of A18, but it was in A17. I mean, you can try from backpack. If it works, great. If it doesn't work (which is what used to happen, it just didn't read the book and you still had it), then stick it on your toolbelt. :)

Oh. Good thx. I was able to read some recipes from backpack in early game but I didn't remember what those were and I was afraid that I've simply lost them without gaining any skills.

Ohhhhh well that explains it. Thank you for letting me know!

I got confused because the mod profile says Alpha 18 Modlets and it showed up

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31119[/ATTACH]

Unfortunately not. I believe there's a bug in vanilla delaying release.

The A17.4 version of DF and sorcery work though :) AND you don't need to do the manual localization patch for it cos I was using sphereii's patch that automatically adds it.

Right now it says that Bow 1 requires Weapons 1 and Bows 2 - Weapons 2.

Oh. Good thx. I was able to read some recipes from backpack in early game but I didn't remember what those were and I was afraid that I've simply lost them without gaining any skills.

Whoops. I screwed up then by the sounds of it. Will check localization and edit accordingly. Thanks for the heads up :)

EDIT: Yep, localization derp. Should be Weapon Crafting 2 and Weapon Crafting 3. Fixed for next version!

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Running in to some issues with the EVE quests (The Test quest). I seem to remember reading about her quests, but cannot find it again. So here is what I am running into.:

1st off I am using the DF small #4 map. So far I have found 4 different EVEs (all have same name and give the same 1st quest), When I complete the quest, it says to Talk to a Trader and give yellow "!" at the location Eve gave the quest. When I get to the "!", the quests "clicks" but there is nothing around. I track sown Eve and she offers me a quest completion reward that I have to select the item. (just like the traders do) But I cannot select any reward and only way to get out of that screen is to tab out. Quest is still in Quest book but will not let me complete it. So deleted that quest and tried it again. Rinse and Repeat. Same results with all 4 different Eves.

I got a strange issue. Just downloaded and installed a fresh version of DF through the mod launcher, and I have no textures in the main menu frames. ( Is the None experimental version functioning, or maybe it is something else ? )

Image+2020-01-08+at+6.56.49+AM.png?v=0b733cd54f2a613813d19c12dfe83e65

Launcher installed it to A18.3 instead of A18.2. Needs to be on A18.2 :)

At the moment, what's the difference between stable and exp version? Which version should I be running? I'm using exp and it is so much fun

Experimental version isn't used atm. Stable version is just experimental with a couple of extra fixes.

Once you've read the future tech book, that unlocks the future crafting perk.

Keep levelling that up and read the descriptions. It unlocks "shots" that you then use to unlock the OTHER perks. :)

And how you suppose to craft that technology stuff? I take 2 lvl tech and can't craft anything. Because tech forge is made from elements which made in this forge. Emm?

Once you've read the future tech book, that unlocks the future crafting perk.

Keep levelling that up and read the descriptions. It unlocks "shots" that you then use to unlock the OTHER perks. :)

Thanks for the very quick reply. I neglected to say that after creating the future tech book that I cannot read it. The "Read <A>" is grayed out. I've nearly maxed out in most of the perks, skills and all classes. Not sure if any of those are linked to allowing me to read the book. Thanks again.

And how you suppose to craft that technology stuff? I take 2 lvl tech and can't craft anything. Because tech forge is made from elements which made in this forge. Emm?

By finding the fusion forge and laser workbench in the big bunker in the wasteland.

Thanks for the very quick reply. I neglected to say that after creating the future tech book that I cannot read it. The "Read <A>" is grayed out. I've nearly maxed out in most of the perks, skills and all classes. Not sure if any of those are linked to allowing me to read the book. Thanks again.

May need to be read from the toolbelt (put it on your toolbelt, scroll to it so it's selected and you're holding it, left click)