Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Sorry for the double post but want to make sure you saw this.

Got the Forge while doing the second to last laborer quest and when I put the Forge in the Hotbar I got a null reference and then I duplicated the forge and cannot get it off the hotbar.

Also the stone upgrade hammer seems to be better than the nailgun.

Edit: I duplicated the forge when I put it down and then kept getting the Null Reference while duplicating it in my inventory when trying to get it off my hotbar.

Edit: it seems to be part of the quest because I reloaded the game and I don't have the Null Ref anymore but I also do not have the Laborer 5/6 or 6/6 quest active/or completed so cannot complete the Laborer class.

Edit: tried the givequest command to get the last Laborer quest and got the NullRef so I believe it has to do with that quest.

Edit: tried the givequest command to give myself the 5th laborer quest and it worked. Finished it and have the quest log in the journal, twice since it was the last one for some reason, but I did not get the 6th quest and got the NullRef and duplication when I finished the quest again.

Edited by jwagne51 (see edit history)

Not sure if this has been asked before but, Is there a way to turn off the zombie children?

My wife wants to play the mod but being a mother and grandma won't kill children, and I know a few other mothers who feel the same way. We know its a game but there are certain lines that won't be crossed.

Good afternoon!

Hubby and I were playing just fine until just about half an hour ago when his game locked and crashed. After several times happening, several reboots, updating drivers, etc., we've figured out that whenever I try to join his game, it crashes. So I can't actually join our coop game (which we've been playing for a few weeks, now).

Did something happen in the last hour or so that might be causing our stuff to be out of date and broken?

There was a 7D2D update on steam. You are not on 18.2 but on 18.3 now.

Crap. Okay. So what do we do about this? We've put a lot into that world and don't want to have to start all over.

Actually, I think a better question would be this: Is Darkness Falls going to be updated so we can continue playing existing worlds? Or is that game going to be unplayable now?

Edited by VagabondClown (see edit history)

Crap. Okay. So what do we do about this? We've put a lot into that world and don't want to have to start all over.

Actually, I think a better question would be this: Is Darkness Falls going to be updated so we can continue playing existing worlds? Or is that game going to be unplayable now?

Well, going forward, use the mod launcher. http://7d2dmodlauncher.org/ If you've been on the forums and doing modded games I'm sure you've caught references to it. With the launcher you can have a separate install for each modded game, and keep the versions intact even when "vanilla" or the mod itself updates.

The supposition that you updated is probably correct, but you might as well check to see what versions each of you are on. If you are indeed on a later version of 7DtD, you can probably go into STEAM and set your game version to an earlier one, to match the coop game.

Playing 2.5 and the new font cuts off the ones place when the Stamina number is over 100 so that 102 shows up as 10. I am going to guess that the Health will be similarly effected.

Edit: it's just stamina that does this, the other three show all digits when over 100.

Also when you do build two will we need to start a new game?

Sorry for the double post but want to make sure you saw this.

Got the Forge while doing the second to last laborer quest and when I put the Forge in the Hotbar I got a null reference and then I duplicated the forge and cannot get it off the hotbar.

Also the stone upgrade hammer seems to be better than the nailgun.

Edit: I duplicated the forge when I put it down and then kept getting the Null Reference while duplicating it in my inventory when trying to get it off my hotbar.

Edit: it seems to be part of the quest because I reloaded the game and I don't have the Null Ref anymore but I also do not have the Laborer 5/6 or 6/6 quest active/or completed so cannot complete the Laborer class.

Edit: tried the givequest command to get the last Laborer quest and got the NullRef so I believe it has to do with that quest.

Edit: tried the givequest command to give myself the 5th laborer quest and it worked. Finished it and have the quest log in the journal, twice since it was the last one for some reason, but I did not get the 6th quest and got the NullRef and duplication when I finished the quest again.

Ok, so i'm gonna reply to both of these at the same time.

Regarding the first point.... WARNING... incoming boring math stuff and C#. ;)

So the problem is, in the games DLL file, Health is told to report to the player as an INT. Stamina is told to report to the player as a FLOAT. Int is usually a whole number, so like... 1, 21, 31, 111, etc.

A float can have decimals... like stamina does. So 21.7, 33.9, etc.

Now I did sort out a C# patch last night to change stamina from Float to Int, but it's a little buggy. I'm currently trying to see if I can resolve that. I also decreased the stamina font size to see if that helps. Ideally, TFP need to fix it. There's no reason for stamina to display as a float.

Regarding the second point and the laborer quest. I've had 2 other folks (aside from yourself) report it. I can't reproduce it locally at all, it's working fine for me. Other users have also said it's working fine for them. However, it looks like gitlab MIGHT occasionally be serving files badly, so i'd try either reinstalling, or see if you can download just the quest.xml on it's own and replace that.

Good afternoon!

Hubby and I were playing just fine until just about half an hour ago when his game locked and crashed. After several times happening, several reboots, updating drivers, etc., we've figured out that whenever I try to join his game, it crashes. So I can't actually join our coop game (which we've been playing for a few weeks, now).

Did something happen in the last hour or so that might be causing our stuff to be out of date and broken?

There was a 7D2D update on steam. You are not on 18.2 but on 18.3 now.

^ that, i'm afraid.

Moving to DF Experimental will let the mod and game work, but it WILL require a restart because I changed a lot of stuff.

That would be awesome. Also, I been having issues with underground textures of dirt and ores being low resolution and blurry. Is this intentional for increasing performance or should I reinstall?

If you're on experimental, you should be able to fix that by increasing the terrain detail option in video. :)

Hello KhaineGB! This is a fantastic mod! Makes the 7 days world much more alive, I find the progression more interesting, love all the zombie types, the rad zone, omg! So much great stuff. Fan-TASTIC.

Dug through the thread a little, but my search fu is not that great on these forums.

1. Can traders come back if they die? Or are they gone for good?

2. Sounds like the gyrocopter was out, then rare drop? Where does this stand now? The recipe is in the crafting list but we haven't found a way to make it.

Again, thanks for making this!

Well, going forward, use the mod launcher. http://7d2dmodlauncher.org/ If you've been on the forums and doing modded games I'm sure you've caught references to it. With the launcher you can have a separate install for each modded game, and keep the versions intact even when "vanilla" or the mod itself updates.

The supposition that you updated is probably correct, but you might as well check to see what versions each of you are on. If you are indeed on a later version of 7DtD, you can probably go into STEAM and set your game version to an earlier one, to match the coop game.

We ARE using the mod launcher. That's what's so surprising.

So since we're using the mod launcher, and that shouldn't have caused our game to update like the vanilla did, is there another reason that would be happening?

Just checked. The version is 18.2(b5), so it didn't update. There's something else going on.

Edited by VagabondClown (see edit history)

Hello KhaineGB! This is a fantastic mod! Makes the 7 days world much more alive, I find the progression more interesting, love all the zombie types, the rad zone, omg! So much great stuff. Fan-TASTIC.

Dug through the thread a little, but my search fu is not that great on these forums.

1. Can traders come back if they die? Or are they gone for good?

2. Sounds like the gyrocopter was out, then rare drop? Where does this stand now? The recipe is in the crafting list but we haven't found a way to make it.

Again, thanks for making this!

I have more plans too. Weither or not i'll have time to do them... that's a different matter. ;)

1) Yep, traders can respawn. I thought disabling that was a little too harsh (considered it though)

2) Gyro parts can be found (only drop off demons) and then you can craft it.

We ARE using the mod launcher. That's what's so surprising.

So since we're using the mod launcher, and that shouldn't have caused our game to update like the vanilla did, is there another reason that would be happening?

Just checked. The version is 18.2(b5), so it didn't update. There's something else going on.

Ok, so I have a theory, and it's not a good theory.

Since it froze and crash, and now does it all the time, i'm wondering if there's a hardwre problem somewhere. Hosting takes more RAM and CPU than just playing does, and i'm wondering if one of those things is... not working right.

What you could try doing, is back up the save from his machine, put it on yours, you try hosting and see if he can join. Not an elegant solution, but it's a solution.

Otherwise, I would suggest your hubby looks into running memtest on his PC when you guys go to sleep or something. Basically test the RAM for any errors.

Trader Jen 18.3

I have more plans too. Weither or not i'll have time to do them... that's a different matter. ;)

1) Yep, traders can respawn. I thought disabling that was a little too harsh (considered it though)

2) Gyro parts can be found (only drop off demons) and then you can craft it.

Since it froze and crash, and now does it all the time, i'm wondering if there's a hardwre problem somewhere. Hosting takes more RAM and CPU than just playing does, and i'm wondering if one of those things is... not working right.

What you could try doing, is back up the save from his machine, put it on yours, you try hosting and see if he can join. Not an elegant solution, but it's a solution.

Otherwise, I would suggest your hubby looks into running memtest on his PC when you guys go to sleep or something. Basically test the RAM for any errors.

Just installed 18.3 and Trader Jen's dialog keeps looping and cause an exceptions error. Any fixes?

Yep, but you'll have to edit the buffs file.

Search for buffTraderJenGreet.

Replace the whole thing with this.

<buff name="buffTraderJenGreet" hidden="true" icon="ui_game_symbol_medical"> 
	<stack_type value="ignore"/>
	<duration value="10"/>
	<update_rate value="1"/>
	<effect_group>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="PlaySound" target="self" sound="trader_jenlikegreetmorn" play_in_head="true">
			<requirement name="IsDay"/>
			<requirement name="NotHasBuff" buff="buffStopTraderTalk"/>
		</triggered_effect>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="PlaySound" target="self" sound="trader_jenlikegreetnightfall" play_in_head="true">
			<requirement name="IsNight"/>
			<requirement name="NotHasBuff" buff="buffStopTraderTalk"/>
		</triggered_effect>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffUpdate" action="AddBuff" target="self" buff="buffStopTraderTalk" />
	</effect_group>
</buff>

That'll fix it. :) Only seems to happen on servers though, and if that's the case for you, ONLY the server file needs editing. The edited file will be pushed to clients.

Morning

I like long games and big builds...and for that I cheat a little by adding Anabella's vehicle respawner. I know this is not your mod and not your problem to make compatibility..., but still got to try and ask at least :) Is there a way you could incorporate the modlet as a option, or look at compatibility at least ? :biggrin: It no longer works with the current version of DF... Nor the other vehicle respawner, although it does work in vanilla.

Morning

I like long games and big builds...and for that I cheat a little by adding Anabella's vehicle respawner. I know this is not your mod and not your problem to make compatibility..., but still got to try and ask at least :) Is there a way you could incorporate the modlet as a option, or look at compatibility at least ? :biggrin: It no longer works with the current version of DF... Nor the other vehicle respawner, although it does work in vanilla.

Did she update it for A18? Cos I think the car block names changed.

Can you show me the the file tree please? I'm having trouble locating the file. Thank you.

It's in Data/Config and called buffs.xml.

Did she update it for A18? Cos I think the car block names changed.

Yes, was working in previous version, 18.2 with DF 2.4 .

Also had other people confirm now in the Vehicle respawn mod thread, that it is definitely working for them in 18.3 .

Please tell me!

I have level 86 Class laborer is fully pumped and open.

And the advanced forge, I can’t open?

Why? I am attaching screenshots!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]Snip[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]Snip[/ATTACH]

If you check the last "Hammer & Forge" Description you will note that you have already unlocked the Advanced forge. That Perk is for if you do not have the Laborer class. Check to see if you can construct the advanced forge in the Metal Workstation.

If you check the last "Hammer & Forge" Description you will note that you have already unlocked the Advanced forge. That Perk is for if you do not have the Laborer class. Check to see if you can construct the advanced forge in the Metal Workstation.

Many thanks!

It turns out, I can do it, on the machine!

Just didn’t notice there!

We had already discussed copying it to my machine and all that, which we'll probably try to do tonight. His machine is just beefier than mine, so he always hosts.

We'll check out his rig too, but this is the only game we're having this issue in, so I was hoping there was another potential reason. Even vanilla 7 days is working fine with me connecting to him. Go figure. 😕