Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Its a new bow. Nothing is happening when i either hold or press the F key or R key. No radial for ammo type. Key bindings are the same. Im using 7d2d mod launcher. I was playing Ravenhearst first, then clicked and installed Darkness falls. Should i have refreshed 7d2d to its original state before installing a new mod?

Its a new bow. Nothing is happening when i either hold or press the F key or R key. No radial for ammo type. Key bindings are the same. Im using 7d2d mod launcher. I was playing Ravenhearst first, then clicked and installed Darkness falls. Should i have refreshed 7d2d to its original state before installing a new mod?

Maybe, but I can't say with any certainty. I'm sorry. ☹

Have Somebody map DFalls-small 1? Cannot find winter biome

On the east side, it's north of the desert. On the west side, south of the desert.

Anyone got tips on mass producing electrical parts? 1 EC takes a heck of a lotta ductape and EP

I just go wrenching. It's way more effective.

@KhaineGB

Can You or anyone explain me if muffle connectors works?

I do not see any difference in stats as u can see on screenshots

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31172[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]31173[/ATTACH]

Mods don't always update stats on the UI, for some reason.

- - - Updated - - -

I wanted to play the mod (not started yet) and read the long description here in the OP. I can't remember one word about finding bunkers, keycards or somebody called Caitlin. Where did you read about them?

The only reason i know them is because i red this thread. And i red this thread because i had questions on using this mod with nitrogen... which was answered as "don't do it", because that ♥♥♥♥s up the placement of exactly these bunkers. :D

But from basic game design there should be a story (line) that points you to the bunkers. Maybe not a like a trader quest that gives you a mark on the map (maybe like the burried supplies quests but of course with a much bigger radius?). But maybe a quest like an NPC (Caitlin) telling you about she heard about a bunker which should be hidden under a row of tents. And Caitlin herself maybe found by another quest to rescue her (maybe from a trader?).

If there is just a single person and some hidden bunkers anywhere on the map and nothing ingame points you to that, not even something telling you "look out for a single person in the wasteland"... , i would only find them by accident, so most probably never.

Even if i wonder what these keycards are for and never find the correct door for the key.

Since i tend to not read long texts from found notes, this should also give you (me) an entry in the quest log...

I repeat, i haven't played it yet. Maybe the mod does some of the stuff like i said. But from what i red the discussions here, it doesn't.

There is a quest to point you to the small bunker. Unfortunately it doesn't work on servers.

I used Nitrogen to create my map, but never heard about it messing up the placement of bunkers. Do you recall where you read this? If it is true, perhaps it is why I haven't been able to find the tech bunker...

Yep, it doesn't. I tested it. I had a big bunker in the forest biome, a caitlin in the forest biome and a small bunker in the burnt biome.

- - - Updated - - -

is the husbandry thing broke in a18 stable we have tried to set out several animals and they disappear i have out the food box and water box and set several bails of hay out and the animals still disappear are we doing something wrong or is it broken?

I need to look into it. From what I can tell in the code, it should be working FINE, but it's not... for some reason.

What does the modxpnerf mod do....and what exactly do you put it in? There is no description at all

Reduces XP gained from mining. It goes in the auger. Make sure your mod is updated because it DOES have a description.

Security mastery unlocked, level 50, all that stuff. Can't craft any of the stuff it says that the skill unlocks. Trying to do it in the workbench where it says to, then everywhere else when that doesn't work. It all shows up "Perk" everywhere instead of showing it's craftable. I know I'm missing something, but I don't know what. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you!

Try the metal workstation and tailoring workstation.

Im having issue with reloading a bow. When i hold down R it doesnt do anything. Also i have a mining helmet on and F doesnt work to turn it on. Any helf would be great!

The primitive bow ONLY accepts stone arrows because I slightly increased it's base stats so it doesn't suck as hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't make medkits for some reason have physician maxed. Says I need the perk.

Physician 2 and made in the chem station.

Thank you Khaine for looking into the husbandry glad I am not completely nuts lol so I am playing on dfmedium 3 map and have not been able to find any npc's that are hireable or that can even talk to read thru your notes and thought I had seen were they were supposed to be working and am curious I see people talking about random portals spawning have not seen one what areas do they normally spawn? still love the mod still even when I am cussing you during the horde night with them droping in on my head best money I ever donated for you getting that better comp lol keep up the good work oh yeah one more thing hate what ya did with discord lol not being able to chat in there lol I hope you feel better soon and bless you and your wife and the team

Thank you Khaine for looking into the husbandry glad I am not completely nuts lol so I am playing on dfmedium 3 map and have not been able to find any npc's that are hireable or that can even talk to read thru your notes and thought I had seen were they were supposed to be working and am curious I see people talking about random portals spawning have not seen one what areas do they normally spawn? still love the mod still even when I am cussing you during the horde night with them droping in on my head best money I ever donated for you getting that better comp lol keep up the good work oh yeah one more thing hate what ya did with discord lol not being able to chat in there lol I hope you feel better soon and bless you and your wife and the team

The NPC's are random spawns in the wild. They definitely spawn cos folks have been complaining they are... a bit squishy... so i'm gonna look into that. :)

Portals only spawn in the rad biome atm.

And the discord, you just need to read the rules bit and it tells you how to get access. We had to do that because we had people CONSTANTLY asking questions that were answered in the FAQ and members were getting really, really annoyed with it.

Thanks for the info on the bow. What about the mining helmet? The Fkey isnt working on it and only it. F works for all other lights.

Does the mining helmet have a light mod installed in it?

If not, that's why. TFP removed them having lights as standard.

Anyone know if we can fix the "jammed" storage box? They are everywhere seams like a waste to not be able to loot them

Just bust it open with a pick. :)

Guest Komulus

Hello, i´m interested in trying out this mod with a couple of friends, and i was wondering how this works with multiplayer. Does one of us need to install the server thing and the rest just install the client bit, or is there something more to it.

Thanks in advance.

Hello, where is the best place to find lathe?

I have 40 day with friends on server, 100+ all materials, all titanium eq but still not found lathe

Secret stash, air drops and I think I had it in working tool stiff/construction tool boxes as well.

However, i'm gonna repeat this since folks are so obsessed with that bloody lathe.

You do NOT need it to make guns out of gun parts. You only need it to MAKE the gun parts.

Hello, i´m interested in trying out this mod with a couple of friends, and i was wondering how this works with multiplayer. Does one of us need to install the server thing and the rest just install the client bit, or is there something more to it.

Thanks in advance.

Install "client files" in your steam folder ( each of you ) then install "server files" on your server

thats all

^ that.

Great MOD... This will be my 4th version to play.

I have a question about the map. My first two RGW worlds had a map with the radiated zone in the center, surrounded by destroyed zone and a burnt forest zone around those, then randomly placed biomes. My new install by BlueFang appears to be a vanilla map and has no radiated or burnt forest biomes.. But its definitely a DF install. I requested the largest possible map which they loaded a 8k map. I simply give it a seed name and generated it.

Any ideas what could be an issue?

Hey guys, my friends and I have a server running the DF-Large map but for some reason the wandering survivor lady's questline is bugging out and we've been unable to find the second science lab as a result, my pal Dirt and I have spent around 30 hours in the wasteland and the irradiated zone searching and can't find anything so we're kinda stuck. Any ideas? I saw this thread was about playing on the pregen maps is why I mention it here since we're having problems with it. Thanks!

I have 3/3 grease monkey but it shows gyrocopter accessories/chassis is locked. It only has Grease Monkey as what's needed to unlock it. Is there something else I need that it's just not saying?

ETA: Trying to make a stack of lockpicks to clear up inventory. Shows as locked, can't do it and that I need lockpicking. My lockpicking is 5/5

Edit 2: How do you know if a radiated zone is edge of map. I'm on DF-large. I see a radiated zone around 4700 S but the end of map screen is around 7200 S. Fairly large area, so not sure if it can be entered with hazmat gear or not.

Edited by Kresdja (see edit history)

I have 3/3 grease monkey but it shows gyrocopter accessories/chassis is locked. It only has Grease Monkey as what's needed to unlock it. Is there something else I need that it's just not saying?

ETA: Trying to make a stack of lockpicks to clear up inventory. Shows as locked, can't do it and that I need lockpicking. My lockpicking is 5/5

Edit 2: How do you know if a radiated zone is edge of map. I'm on DF-large. I see a radiated zone around 4700 S but the end of map screen is around 7200 S. Fairly large area, so not sure if it can be entered with hazmat gear or not.

Very big amount of recipes i showed as "locked" or "you need skill"

But you have to do it in good workbench

I think for gyrocopter you need to crate parts in mechanical workbench

For lockpicks is metal workbench, but i can be wrong

The radiated zone, in which you can survive with hazmat, is like "very light snow" and it always is in the neighbourhood of wasteland and SHOULD be in the middle of map ( i think its not a big "spoiler" )

Hey guys, my friends and I have a server running the DF-Large map but for some reason the wandering survivor lady's questline is bugging out and we've been unable to find the second science lab as a result, my pal Dirt and I have spent around 30 hours in the wasteland and the irradiated zone searching and can't find anything so we're kinda stuck. Any ideas? I saw this thread was about playing on the pregen maps is why I mention it here since we're having problems with it. Thanks!

That quest is bugged on servers.

Large bunkers are in the wasteland in the corners of the map. I don't like to give out exact co-ordinates, but if other folks do, that's up to them.

Gyrocopter parts are not craftable. Go kill demons.

Will look into the lockpick bundle. It shouldn't be locked at all.

(Confirmed, is locked with no unlock. That's not intended. Fixed)

If you see blue, that's radiated. You need a hazmat suit.