Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

make some rigging, with that and the mods you put on your clothes you can unlock all slots no problems (think the security mastery rig gives something like 45slots with that you dont even need the clothes mods)

sounds like you are not using the correct workbench? try the other ones if that helps (normal/metal/advanced forge/chemstation/etc)

I use Digitalocean (not really a game server host and its a bit complicated but i use them for my work so there is that)

You can check out Bluefangsolutions i heard good things about them and use the ref link in the first post to give the mod author a cup of coffe ;)

Nope checked every workbench ect :( the items usually say "Made in X bench".

It is possible to do that from game? I'm hosting from "continue game" and then im inviting friends

How to edit server.config to be working for all us? I have to add name of save which we playing?

I just asked :)

I don't know how you tested it, but my friend with i7 8 threads and 970m with 16 gb ram ( and other friend little weaker laptop ) and me with 16 gb ram, gtx 1660 + i7 9700k -- all we have same problem with lags

I can add most of lags was where we have been in wasteland bunker - there was at least 20 "demon" zeds who laggs us as hell

After their death, fps returned ( from 8-10 to 60 )

I don't know where problem is ( in not-optimized game or not-optimized "effects, particles" on new zombies ) but i just telling you and asking for help

You don't need to be angry :|

I'm not angry at all, just super shocked. Sounds like you may need to turn down your GFX settings a bit, but it runs fine for me. The bottom of the bunker can be a BIT laggy (worst i've had is 30fps instead of 80) but that's it.

Hi,is there anyway to use DF-map in "Alpha 18.2 Server Download (Not EAC friendly)" server?

for example DFalls-Large...

Some setting in serverconfig.xml?:微笑新:

<property name="GameWorld"						value="Navezgane"/>			<!-- "RWG" (see WorldGenSeed and WorldGenSize options below) or any already existing world name in the Worlds folder (currently shipping with e.g. "Navezgane", "PREGEN01", ...) -->

The comment tells you EXACTLY how to do it.

I do hate to be a bother but ive scoured the thread looking. Im playing a18 version. Im level 107 yet none of the mastery perks seem to work. I can't make biofuel, titanium tools, ect. Ive completed the class quests, learned the mastery perk. I've done just about everything i can think of to no avail. Did i miss a step somewhere?

Biofuel had a bug, but that's been fixed.

Not sure why apparently nothing is working. It's been ok for other folks... so i'm honestly just confused on that one. O.o

make some rigging, with that and the mods you put on your clothes you can unlock all slots no problems (think the security mastery rig gives something like 45slots with that you dont even need the clothes mods)

It won't take the place of the Survivalists mastery large backpack, will it?

You were absolutely right. I thought I had tried that... :bi_polo: Thank-you for keeping me straight... lol. Keep up the great work!

It's been about 4 days since you told me about the big bunker in the wasteland. I've been searching for it since... I am on a 10k map, the wasteland also borders it. I know there is much more wasteland that I have to explore, but I really don't know what I am trying to spot. People have said to look for a well, look for a shack with five metal plates, look for a row of tents. Some have said they had found the big bunker in the burnt forest. Any clue would GREATLY be appreciated. TYVM!

I have a question regarding Farm plot - just unlocked farmer class - and i presumed farm plots won't need a water. But it looks like they do - so what is the point of farm plot being locked behind farmer class if they still need rain catcher in the middle like old school tiled dirt?

Sadly not.

Image+2020-01-12+at+9.35.13+AM.png?v=d9f2c44a62e9c1769b4fa09bc7139994

Yes it did.

Look at the Alpha 18.2.

It's a different font. It's reporting 18.2 because it's installing the 18.2 modified DLL. However the different font means it's really the 18.3 base.

You can confirm this yourself by installing 18.2, check the font for the number in the top right, install 18.3 and check again. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I have a question regarding Farm plot - just unlocked farmer class - and i presumed farm plots won't need a water. But it looks like they do - so what is the point of farm plot being locked behind farmer class if they still need rain catcher in the middle like old school tiled dirt?

Yes, they still need water. It's the PLANT block that checks for water, not the block it's planted on.

I've got a plan for the farm blocks in the next version of the mod. :)

- - - Updated - - -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31154[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]31153[/ATTACH]

Even though master scientist,don't craft bio fuel.

Yes it does.

<!-- Scientist Perks (Master) -->
<perk name="perkMasterScientist" parent="skillScientistMaster" min_level="0" max_level="1" name_key="perkMasterScientistName" desc_key="perkMasterScientistDesc" icon="ui_game_symbol_chemistry" base_skill_point_cost="10">
	<level_requirements level="1"><requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="attClassScientist" operation="GTE" value="2" desc_key="reqClassQuestComplete"/><requirement name="PlayerLevel" target="self" operation="GTE" value="50" desc_key="reqPlayerLevel50"/></level_requirements>

<effect_group>
		<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="1" value="1" tags="drugAntibiotics,DFparama♥♥♥♥it,DFcodeinePills,resourceBioFuel,resourceAcid,DFantirad,Tablet"/>
		<effect_description level="1" desc_key="perkMasterScientistRank1Desc"/>
	</effect_group>

I need some help I down loaded this mod and I try ot upgrade from stainless steel blocks to titanium blocks and it says I need the smelted titanium bars but there in my inventory its like they are not registering anybody know how to fix this, I have even tried reinstalling the mod.

Can anyone tell me how to install darkness fall on dedicated server?

I rent server but i don't know to install darknessfall

I've already putted "server files of darknessafall" in main directory of server, then putted my save folder to "server save folder"

whenever i try to connect, it timeout me :/

And have problem with world - i made world on pregenereted world named DFsmall-4 on singleplayer, but server said its made on 17.4

1713607225_Beztytu322u.jpg.61bfdab5c3df889018efafcec834540e.jpg

https://jpst.it/1_5Hi - here is code when im trying to connect server

Edited by Falcon337 (see edit history)

I need some help I down loaded this mod and I try ot upgrade from stainless steel blocks to titanium blocks and it says I need the smelted titanium bars but there in my inventory its like they are not registering anybody know how to fix this, I have even tried reinstalling the mod.

You need the titanium claw hammer.

Yes it did.

Look at the Alpha 18.2.

It's a different font. It's reporting 18.2 because it's installing the 18.2 modified DLL. However the different font means it's really the 18.3 base.

You can confirm this yourself by installing 18.2, check the font for the number in the top right, install 18.3 and check again. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, they still need water. It's the PLANT block that checks for water, not the block it's planted on.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes it does.

<perk name="perkMasterScientist" parent="skillScientistMaster" min_level="0" max_level="1" name_key="perkMasterScientistName" desc_key="perkMasterScientistDesc" icon="ui_game_symbol_chemistry" base_skill_point_cost="10">
	<level_requirements level="1"><requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="attClassScientist" operation="GTE" value="2" desc_key="reqClassQuestComplete"/><requirement name="PlayerLevel" target="self" operation="GTE" value="50" desc_key="reqPlayerLevel50"/></level_requirements>

<effect_group>
		<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="1" value="1" tags="drugAntibiotics,DFparama♥♥♥♥it,DFcodeinePills,resourceBioFuel,resourceAcid,DFantirad,Tablet"/>
	</effect_group>

Ahh man that bites. XD Thanks a lot for taking the time to respond . Appreciate it. Will have to wait for your stable update to 18.3 then. Can't DL both again on what's left of my data.

Hey Khaine! I've been playing this live on twitch and chatting with you a bunch on stream. I have found a few wasteland bunkers and cleared them. We are now looking for other poi's of note that people would like to see. Didnt know if you had any good coordinates I could use. We are on dfallsmedium . Thanks for the amazing mod and hanging out in chat!

You need the titanium claw hammer.

^ that. :)

Can anyone tell me how to install darkness fall on dedicated server?

I rent server but i don't know to install darknessfall

I've already putted "server files of darknessafall" in main directory of server, then putted my save folder to "server save folder"

whenever i try to connect, it timeout me :/

And have problem with world - i made world on pregenereted world named DFsmall-4 on singleplayer, but server said its made on 17.4

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31160[/ATTACH]

https://jpst.it/1_5Hi - here is code when im trying to connect server

You can ignore the A17.4 message. I generated the worlds on 17.4 and then ran them through nitrogen for A18 compatibility (Side note: ANYONE can do this if they want to!)

As for the connection issues, where's your server hosted? It looks like it might be blocking traffic.

Ahh man that bites. XD Thanks a lot for taking the time to respond . Appreciate it. Will have to wait for your stable update to 18.3 then. Can't DL both again on what's left of my data.

No problem. I'm hoping that DF V2.5 will be in experimental next week (For A18.3E) :) I literally have 2 things left on my to-do list but decided to take the weekend off to get over this flu that's been kicking my butt since NYE.

Hey Khaine! I've been playing this live on twitch and chatting with you a bunch on stream. I have found a few wasteland bunkers and cleared them. We are now looking for other poi's of note that people would like to see. Didnt know if you had any good coordinates I could use. We are on dfallsmedium . Thanks for the amazing mod and hanging out in chat!

Unfortunately I don't. If you were on DF Small, small 2 or large, then I can think of a POI that'd be fun. Unfortunately it's not on the medium map.

And no problem on popping in the stream. I figure if folks are giving their time to show off my work to an audience, the VERY least I can do is try and pop in to show support. :)

You can ignore the A17.4 message. I generated the worlds on 17.4 and then ran them through nitrogen for A18 compatibility (Side note: ANYONE can do this if they want to!)

As for the connection issues, where's your server hosted? It looks like it might be blocking traffic.

INF NET: LiteNetLib: Client disconnect from: *IP of the server* (Timeout)

Do i done something wrong?

Can you write one more time how to properly install darknessfall on server please? :/

I can add - vanilla normal server ( A18.2 B5 ) working well - i can join even with darknessfall on client installed

@Edit: OK, ive done working server on DF + navezgane, now im trying to send world files from my own save to serwer ( on my own save me and my 2 frriends played by inviting through steam )

@Edit2: i got working save, i had to learn how to edit serverconfig for saves

Edited by Falcon337 (see edit history)

It's been about 4 days since you told me about the big bunker in the wasteland. I've been searching for it since... I am on a 10k map, the wasteland also borders it. I know there is much more wasteland that I have to explore, but I really don't know what I am trying to spot. People have said to look for a well, look for a shack with five metal plates, look for a row of tents. Some have said they had found the big bunker in the burnt forest. Any clue would GREATLY be appreciated. TYVM!

The big bunker where you find the laser workbench and fusion forge spawn in the wasteland, for me it was in the wasteland surrounding the middle radiation zone and in my case, I looked for it for like 8 hour looking around in the wasteland but I had actually already discovered it on my map while I was exploring the town close to the radiation zone I just didn't realized it because it was very close to the town I looked around, but it was not in the town. If you already revealed it on your map it should look like 5 brown rectangles in a row next to a bigger brown rectangle, the entrance is right under 1 of the small tent and it follow the rule of being next to a gravel road. You will need a lot of red keycards and some blue and green keycards to go through the bunker, you will be able to find some in the stuffs you can loot, but it might not be enough.

There is also an other POI bunker you can find in the burnt forest and its only a lone well on the surface, inside you can find some future tech but there are no laser workbench or fusion forge in there. In my case I found it by looking around the burnt forest area surrounding the middle wasteland biome, its not easy to spot but you can look at you map to see if your map already revealed it if you look carefully.

Edited by Destro (see edit history)

Yes it did.

Look at the Alpha 18.2.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Yes it does.

<effect_group>
	</effect_group>

Thanks to your help, i changed text for XML.Thank you!!

Yesterday I found a "minor bug" with forged steel.

I spent a point in Steel tools early on in the game to unlock the forged steel in forges ( reading the steel tools schematic doesn't unlock it ). So i was playing normaly and than the other day I had bunch of notes and made me builder class and finished the quest line. During this quest line you get 3 points in forge tree. But to my surprise it "locked" my previously steel tools perk and I was unable to make steel in forges.

So I spent additional 2 skill points to level it to 5/5 in Forge tree to unlock the steel again.

Check what went wrong with this - probably some priorities the game uses.

The big bunker where you find the laser workbench and fusion forge spawn in the wasteland, for me it was in the wasteland surrounding the middle radiation zone and in my case, I looked for it for like 8 hour looking around in the wasteland but I had actually already discovered it on my map while I was exploring the town close to the radiation zone I just didn't realized it because it was very close to the town I looked around, but it was not in the town. If you already revealed it on your map it should look like 5 brown rectangles in a row next to a bigger brown rectangle, the entrance is right under 1 of the small tent and it follow the rule of being next to a gravel road. You will need a lot of red keycards and some blue and green keycards to go through the bunker, you will be able to find some in the stuffs you can loot, but it might not be enough.

There is also an other POI bunker you can find in the burnt forest and its only a lone well on the surface, inside you can find some future tech but there are no laser workbench or fusion forge in there. In my case I found it by looking around the burnt forest area surrounding the middle wasteland biome, its not easy to spot but you can look at you map to see if your map already revealed it if you look carefully.

Destro, I super appreciate your help! Spent yesterday looking, too. Probably have spent about 20 hours searching. Most of my map has been revealed, so will study it today and hopefully won't have to do more recon flights... lol. OH! Red key cards? I'm lvl 140 and probably have spent 200 100-150 hours in DF and have only found many blue and green cards... Any suggestions about where to find the red cards? Thanks again!!!!

Edited by Windman (see edit history)

Destro, I super appreciate your help! Spent yesterday looking, too. Probably have spent about 20 hours searching. Most of my map has been revealed, so will study it today and hopefully won't have to do more recon flights... lol. OH! Red key cards? I'm lvl 140 and probably have spent 200 100-150 hours in DF and have only found many blue and green cards... Any suggestions about where to find the red cards? Thanks again!!!!

I hope you find it by looking at your map, the map I was using was medium3 so its not as big as a large map.

For the red keycards, I don't actually remember if some zombies can drop it, the first one I got was from looting the burnt biome small bunker that not easy to find(the well alone) and then I found some more while looting the wasteland biome bunker that contain the laser worckbench and fusion forge, so if you could find the burnt biome bunker first it could help, but you can do some of the wasteland bunker even without red keycards and by looting there you might find red keycards. You just can't finish the bunker without red keycards.

Edited by Destro (see edit history)

The small bunker is in burnt forest, it is a small well, hard to find. The big bunker is in wasteland (row of tents)

Edited by rivle (see edit history)

Guys, its an unwritten rule about this mod that you do not reveal where the bunkers are, its part of the mystery in the mod to find them on your own, the bunkers and what you find in there are the endgame of the mod and having that spoiled for you kinda ruins the whole thing.

the maps are not that big and you already know in what biome they spawn.

Do yourself a favor and search for them yourself, having people post cords and/or pictures to exactly where they are ruins the mod for you.

Yesterday I found a "minor bug" with forged steel.

I spent a point in Steel tools early on in the game to unlock the forged steel in forges ( reading the steel tools schematic doesn't unlock it ). So i was playing normaly and than the other day I had bunch of notes and made me builder class and finished the quest line. During this quest line you get 3 points in forge tree. But to my surprise it "locked" my previously steel tools perk and I was unable to make steel in forges.

So I spent additional 2 skill points to level it to 5/5 in Forge tree to unlock the steel again.

Check what went wrong with this - probably some priorities the game uses.

Actually that's intended.

People were complaining that, as a laborer, they were buying perks they didn't need (like steel tools). Therefore the requirements for some perks are "No Laborer Class." When you take the class, it locks you out of the perk.

HOWEVER.

I managed to build in a "reset" system if you take laborer at a later date. So any perks you would be locked out of are immediately reset on reading the laborer book (but before accepting the quest) and you get the appropriate amount of points back. :)

So that means you can just finish up your laborer quest, then buy up Advanced Engineering and Hammer and Forge to level 5 and technically don't lose anything.

Bunkers (both types) and Feral+ Soldiers and Lab zombies definitely drop red cards. I think I added it to hazmat as well.

Guys, its an unwritten rule about this mod that you do not reveal where the bunkers are, its part of the mystery in the mod to find them on your own, the bunkers and what you find in there are the endgame of the mod and having that spoiled for you kinda ruins the whole thing.

the maps are not that big and you already know in what biome they spawn.

Do yourself a favor and search for them yourself, having people post cords and/or pictures to exactly where they are ruins the mod for you.

^ this is why I don't like telling folks EXACTLY where the bunkers are. Just a rough idea what biome they're in. ;)