Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

Then probably the download of the ravenhearst mod didn't work (which should happen in line 2 of the code posted by vitamin, the line beginning with "git clone")

Probably your ubuntu doesn't have "git" installed. Lets improve the code:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install git
cd /tmp
git clone https://github.com/JaxTeller718/MainVersion/ ravenhearst
cd /tmp/ravenhearst
cp -rf $(ls -A) "$HOME/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/"

The first line should ask for your password, the second should tell you that it will install git and a few other packages needed by git and ask you if it thats ok. Answer with "y"

The fourth line (starting with "git clone") will tell you something like "Receiving objects: 1% ..." and depending on your internet connection will take quite a while for the 1% to get to 100%

After that you should see a directory /tmp/ravenhearst and there should be a few directories in it, among others a data and mod directory. The last line will copy all files into your 7days steam directory.

Hi

it ok normaly.Thx Vitamin and Meganoth for your help

Where can I find diamonds? I have very rarely found some from treasure chests, traders and aliens but I need about 50 of them for a diamond armor suit. I have mined 100's of blocks near the bedrock in both desert and wasteland but never found a single diamond by mining.

Any suggestions?

I'd like to know this and also where to find the welding torch!

Where can I find diamonds? I have very rarely found some from treasure chests, traders and aliens but I need about 50 of them for a diamond armor suit. I have mined 100's of blocks near the bedrock in both desert and wasteland but never found a single diamond by mining.

Any suggestions?

Unless this mod changed something over Vanilla, the easiest way to get diamonds is on treasure hunts (maps).

Edit: Verified in XML files, Diamonds still drop in treasure chests. Appears the highest probability of diamonds is now a drop from the boss zombies though.

Edited by fragtzack (see edit history)

Unless this mod changed something over Vanilla, the easiest way to get diamonds is on treasure hunts (maps).

Edit: Verified in XML files, Diamonds still drop in treasure chests. Appears the highest probability of diamonds is now a drop from the boss zombies though.

I haven't seen a treasure map drop since Jax last reduced the rate. It went from 1 map every 100 zombies to nothing, from my experience.

Hey, we're trying to get this set up on a dedicated server (Linux if it matters) and are running into this problem:

Missing method EasyAntiCheat.Server.Hydra.EasyAntiCheatServer<ClientInfo>::HandleClientUpdates() in assembly /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDieServer_Data/Managed/EasyAntiCheat.Server.dll, referenced in assembly /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDieServer_Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp.dll

We have EAC turned off in the serverconfig.xml file. Deleted and reinstalled the server just to be sure, but it fills log files with that message at a rate of about one megabyte per second.

When trying to connect to the server, it says that the server is still initializing.

Any ideas how to fix it?

Edit: Upon further investigation, the error seems to start once the telnet part of the server is up and running. SDX, Ravenhearst have all loaded (we think). Anyhow. There's that.

Edited by abarham (see edit history)

Quest page empty - all quests lost

Quit the game as usual.

Next day new start via launcher, all normal.

After game start - position, inventories, devices like forge eg. all ok. All skills like before.

But quest page is empty.......

Computer reset, new start with launcher. It looked like the launcher downloaded all files from the mod new. No changes in version (V 2.11.05).

Quest page still empty.

I'm not the only one, it happend to GameEdge in his LP too.

We have EAC turned off in the serverconfig.xml file. Deleted and reinstalled the server just to be sure, but it fills log files with that message at a rate of about one megabyte per second.

When trying to connect to the server, it says that the server is still initializing.

Any ideas how to fix it?

Edit: Upon further investigation, the error seems to start once the telnet part of the server is up and running. SDX, Ravenhearst have all loaded (we think). Anyhow. There's that.

One thing you could do is starting the server without the mod to see whether it is something in the mod that does this or the vanilla game. In the second case TFP would be the guys to talk to.

Another thing would be to check what happens internally with "strace -f -p <process-id>" to see what system-call might be involved in this. At 1 MB/s error messages the error loop must be very small and so the place of error very obvious. The error message sounds like it wants to open some c-sharp library and doesn't find it.

Use the strace just when the server begins to smap the error message, strace usually slows down a program and you surely don't want to do all the initialization with an active strace slowing it down

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

Idea

Hey Jax, i was wondering if it was possible to add for example the WotW POI's to your mod?

Iv tried most of the mods on the community and me and my friends we all like Ravenhearst more than all the others, starvation was fun at start but became boring after time, we have played over 200 days on Ravenhearst and we have restarted several times, but i think the POI's on WotW are the better we have seen in a long time.

Is there any chance you could add those POI's to your mod?

I think it would be awesome.

Just throwing an idea there ;)

Hey there. Took a break from Ravenhearst since 1.09 and started a new game yesterday. Good fun, seems alot harder than before, I died to a particularly aggressive farmer on the first night as opposed to going 40 days without death on 1.09 :) Maybe I'm rusty. Anyway just to report I've been getting the double-loot issue on corpses too, never used to get that. Corpses seem to have been tweaked to turn to the generic zombie pile at a quicker rate now, maybe it's to do with that?

Edited by BMT (see edit history)

Hey Jax, i was wondering if it was possible to add for example the WotW POI's to your mod?

Iv tried most of the mods on the community and me and my friends we all like Ravenhearst more than all the others, starvation was fun at start but became boring after time, we have played over 200 days on Ravenhearst and we have restarted several times, but i think the POI's on WotW are the better we have seen in a long time.

Is there any chance you could add those POI's to your mod?

I think it would be awesome.

Just throwing an idea there ;)

the extra poi's (or a lot of them) are collected into magoli's compopack. as jcrook said, jax hand selected a good many from there, but not the ones too op on the loot.

One thing you could do is starting the server without the mod to see whether it is something in the mod that does this or the vanilla game. In the second case TFP would be the guys to talk to.

Another thing would be to check what happens internally with "strace -f -p <process-id>" to see what system-call might be involved in this. At 1 MB/s error messages the error loop must be very small and so the place of error very obvious. The error message sounds like it wants to open some c-sharp library and doesn't find it.

Use the strace just when the server begins to smap the error message, strace usually slows down a program and you surely don't want to do all the initialization with an active strace slowing it down

Thanks for the ideas!

Yes we've tried vanilla server -- works perfectly. We installed Tin's mod which worked (after correcting all of the case errors he had -- Linux specific issue since Windows mostly treats them the same).

We saw the issue looked like it was calling for that library. Interestingly enough the directories /7DaysToDie_Data/Managed and /7DaysToDieServer_Data/Managed have different DLL files. Since this error is looking for a specific file, we tried just putting the file where it wanted to look for it, but it didn't make a difference.

Lastly, while searching around it seems that others have run into this ( for example, True Survival [JZMOD] -- https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?38584-True-Survival-JZMOD/page162 ), and it seems related to SDX. I know Jax is just building on other's work, just was hoping that someone might have run into it before :)

Again, thanks for the suggestions, we'll check out the strace, though we might not be able to fix the issue, at least we might be able to narrow down what is up.

Patch: 2.12 No Wipe Needed Required File Updates - XML

-Certain Blocks that had been upgrading to solid blocks have been fixed (Water Well)

-New additions like Storages can now be repaired properly

-Treasure Maps slightly increased

-Added some wellness to basic foods like Boiled Meat, Grilled Meat, Teas and Juices.

-FINAL Update 3.0 Is now FULLY underway with game changing new features, rebalances and new additions. Look for a release sometime in January or February.

I know a few of you have been looking for support and to have questions answered. I have been absolutely swamped with work, RL and working on 3.0 that I do not frequently have time to be able to come here and answer all questions. Your best bet is to head over to Discord and there are a number of VERY knowledgeable players and mods, myself included, that are always around to answer questions. It is a very active and great community. You will also find discussions on upcoming 3.0 features and guides to a lot of mechanics in Ravenhearst.

https://discord.gg/YBHD9f3

We saw the issue looked like it was calling for that library. Interestingly enough the directories /7DaysToDie_Data/Managed and /7DaysToDieServer_Data/Managed have different DLL files. Since this error is looking for a specific file, we tried just putting the file where it wanted to look for it, but it didn't make a difference.

I had a similar issue with paths in valmod (in my case it was only a client issue because the rented server was windows), my solution might work for you too. I found out that some paths were not changed to a linux-path while accessing the filesystem. So my client tried to open Mods\SMX\Textures\Compass\compassbg.png for example (this is not a path, all this is just the filename and it was located in the 7D2D main directory.

In other words, I had to generate a file (in shell syntax) ${HOME}/.steam/Steam/Steamapps/common/7\ Days\ to\ die/Mods\\SMX\\Textures\\Compass\\compassbg.png

You might try that with the library on the server.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

Advice for new folks:

For playing the long/end game, medic or farmer are by far the best classes. You can eventually pickup other classes however by turning skill books into knowledge books and then creating other class book at research desk. But this takes a long time.

Great mod, really love the challenge, the progression and delay into end game.

Advice for new folks:

For playing the long/end game, medic or farmer are by far the best classes. You can eventually pickup other classes however by turning skill books into knowledge books and then creating other class book at research desk. But this takes a long time.

Great mod, really love the challenge, the progression and delay into end game.

If you can find a Crack A Book tower you can get more than enough books to scrap to make a class paper if you loot whole building.

What's the general consensus on the method(s) to get through the higher levels? Right now I'm sitting at 75, and really starting to feel the multiplier coming down hard (seems to be roughly 10x slower than it was at the start, going by progression.xml).

It used to be fun going out to the badlands and sniping HVTs with my repeating crossbow, but now that I'm sitting at around 5k zombie kills, it's getting a little tedious to try and make headway. I don't mind the grind at all, and have appreciated the slower start, but right now I'm at a loss as how to make sure I don't just burn out on the game.

I've collected a bunch of both the custom and vanilla quests, and have been repeating the ones I can, though that's not making much of a dent anymore. I also have farmed so much stone and iron that I've got a glut, and further mining would just be mining for the sake of exp while I figure out creative ways to use all this stuff.

I haven't consumed any skillbooks or leveled up any skills via points in an effort to get the exp from manually leveling them myself.

I've noticed there's a repeatable quest you can craft for killing zombies, though I haven't attempted it as I'm trying to get at least one more class before I feel content. Is that going to be an effective route once I start using that?

Just mainly curious as to how others have got over this slump, if you even felt it at all.

Edited by vinadir (see edit history)

Also another thing, unrelated to the above but as it _just_ happened for the umpteenth time I figured I'd mention it.

Is it a known bug in vanilla or this mod that when you get a bleeding effect, neither first aid bandages or kits do anything to stop it? I don't even get the first aid buff, just nothing happens and I lose the item.

I think the very first time I got a bleeding effect I was able to stop it, but ever since then it's basically been a death sentence. Which is really frustrating given the much lower wellness gain. I can't make it to a point where I survive the bleed duration as any random doggo that takes a nibble out of my behind brings me back down to my current minimum of 80 wellness.

Also another thing, unrelated to the above but as it _just_ happened for the umpteenth time I figured I'd mention it.

Is it a known bug in vanilla or this mod that when you get a bleeding effect, neither first aid bandages or kits do anything to stop it? I don't even get the first aid buff, just nothing happens and I lose the item.

I think the very first time I got a bleeding effect I was able to stop it, but ever since then it's basically been a death sentence. Which is really frustrating given the much lower wellness gain. I can't make it to a point where I survive the bleed duration as any random doggo that takes a nibble out of my behind brings me back down to my current minimum of 80 wellness.

It sounds like the item consumption bug. If you move your bandage to your tool belt, and use it there, it should work more reliably. Same for food, reading schematics, etc.

Hey sphereii, you know if there is any cure for the level bug? I did some cooking and when I leveled cooking to level 2 my xp level and points jumped an insane amount. Closest I can tell is I gained 833 points so now I have to make sure I don't buy perks that will cause my points to drop below 833 and my level jumped from 60 to 96 so I have to subtract 36 from my current level to make sure I don't buy any perks that I shouldn't have access to.

Am hoping it gets fixed in v3.0 as it's a pain in da butt to have to keep track of it.

Hey sphereii, you know if there is any cure for the level bug? I did some cooking and when I leveled cooking to level 2 my xp level and points jumped an insane amount. Closest I can tell is I gained 833 points so now I have to make sure I don't buy perks that will cause my points to drop below 833 and my level jumped from 60 to 96 so I have to subtract 36 from my current level to make sure I don't buy any perks that I shouldn't have access to.

Am hoping it gets fixed in v3.0 as it's a pain in da butt to have to keep track of it.

I've never heard of this bug before. Is it reproducible?