Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

Hi

I host my server 7 days to die , how I install the mod ravenhaerst in my serveur in ubuntu?

Thx

1) Setup the server with vanilla game and test that everything works and you and your friends can join the game

2) Installing the mod is not different for server and client, just use the correct target directory.

3) If you get into problems with the connected clients not finding specific libraries or png-files, this is a bug not fixed yet. There are workarounds for png (see post #1238 in this thread), not sure if they work for the library-problem as well.

Sorry, I have no copy-paste-simple step-by-step guide.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23715[/ATTACH]

I'll try that, Im near a town. I'll post back. lvl 16 and no Iron tools as I cant make a Dry Rack :rapture:

lol i love that!

and yes, twine everywhere, sometimes even a zomble will deliver it to. mostly i target houses and trash for it.

feel free to join us on discord also https://discord.gg/Wgx5P5

@gothyc, sounds like a dreamy first set up!

Hey Nickso, I just started a brand new SP game yesterday to do some videos. within 2 days I found 23 twine. I loot every trash bag I find, and I looted about 6 or 7 houses. I find the non vanilla houses seem to have a lot of the twine in them as well. Biggest advice I can give in the first few days is to loot the houses. Work on mining and crafting and skills during the night, and loot as many house poi's as you can. You should end up with more twine than you need after a few days of this, and still have enough time to prepare for your first horde.

Hey Nickso, I just started a brand new SP game yesterday to do some videos. within 2 days I found 23 twine. I loot every trash bag I find, and I looted about 6 or 7 houses. I find the non vanilla houses seem to have a lot of the twine in them as well. Biggest advice I can give in the first few days is to loot the houses. Work on mining and crafting and skills during the night, and loot as many house poi's as you can. You should end up with more twine than you need after a few days of this, and still have enough time to prepare for your first horde.

Which houses are the non vanilla ones? Usually house I see, house I go and loot. It could also be that Im playing with 25% less loot.

I will play now and if I come across any house I'll let you know.

EDIT: After barricaded in an abandoned barns scared sh##tless near a town while zombies barged in and me doing a hole out of the barn and after looting 2 houses at 5 Am I can say I got my fair share of twine, another 3. So I will scavenge some more, day 12 almost my second Blood Moon. I know things will get F'ed up on day 21 so I really need those iron tools :p

Edited by Nickso
Because I love twines now, hell I even bought them irl. (see edit history)

funny about this twine rarity things, as for me myself, i got pretty abundant of it. i guess perhaps for those that have a hard time finding twine, perhaps they're rarely / skip looting ordinary houses and just focus on special poi such as bookstore, gunstore or big building poi. as far as i remember, in cardboard box loot that usually available in normal houses, 60-70% of the time i always found twine in it.

1) Setup the server with vanilla game and test that everything works and you and your friends can join the game

2) Installing the mod is not different for server and client, just use the correct target directory.

3) If you get into problems with the connected clients not finding specific libraries or png-files, this is a bug not fixed yet. There are workarounds for png (see post #1238 in this thread), not sure if they work for the library-problem as well.

Sorry, I have no copy-paste-simple step-by-step guide.

Ok thx i test

so when we placed the elevators down they was bugged but when we destroyed them was worse as its still showing a block there cant place nothing where we placed the elevators so ya .. big bug with them big ruined my base admin even came and tried to do everything so I can place blocks where elevators was at nothing heck he even dug down to be rock hopin it would work then as nothing is under the elevators but nope so now I have a wall area where I cant place nothing there as its still showing elevators are there but they not

Streamer Friendly Version not working.

Hey all,

Was planning on posting this onthe Ravenhearst site forums but there doesn't seem to be a lot of activity there, so I thought I would give a shot here.

Got my server with Bluehost as suggested, very satisfied with the hosting over there. I opted for the 21 day streamer friendly version of the mod.

Problem is, the naked models of the strippers, the babies and all the other stuff that wasn't supposed to be there is still there. Luckily I haven't streamed it yet as I am just getting back up to speed.

So question is, did Bluehost mess up when installing the mod or, even more likely, is there some switch I didn't throw in the mod files?

Thanks in advance for any help,

-Infin8jest

P.S. - For future "streamer friendly" builds maybe we could get the Zombie Cop taken out. I have never felt comfortable with the stereotype set forth by the model. Maybe assign the same difficulty to the fat tourist model or something similar. Thanks.

Hey all,

hi there, we try to keep an eye on all of our places, but the most active is definitely the discord-

https://discordapp.com/invite/0uy8OaV8YAMGZKeS

there was an issue with a much earlier version not being as streamer friendly as it said, but haven't heard anything in a long time.

will pass this on, but hope to see you on discord ^^

edit- i have been told that the files have no strippers, etc. would definitely check with your provider.

Edited by sinda (see edit history)

I have not been able to get Ravenhearst running on a dedicated server. I have stopped trying in windows and I am trying with Linux game server manager in Ubuntu 17. I am able to load run join and play an unmodded server but I have no luck getting ravenhearst to run. When I look in the Log file I see the line 37 errors which most modded servers seem to have and runs fine but I see out of memory before the two threads statement. If it matters I am using a DL380 G-7 server running ESXI. I have 8 cores, 100GB virtual drive, 18 GB of ram given to the virtual machine though only 4mb to the video card.

I have no problem running unmodded or starvation. I am sure its something simple I am missing.

I have not been able to get Ravenhearst running on a dedicated server. I have stopped trying in windows and I am trying with Linux game server manager in Ubuntu 17. I am able to load run join and play an unmodded server but I have no luck getting ravenhearst to run. When I look in the Log file I see the line 37 errors which most modded servers seem to have and runs fine but I see out of memory before the two threads statement. If it matters I am using a DL380 G-7 server running ESXI. I have 8 cores, 100GB virtual drive, 18 GB of ram given to the virtual machine though only 4mb to the video card.

I have no problem running unmodded or starvation. I am sure its something simple I am missing.

Can you post your log files?

At work till 6 pm EST. (-5 GMT) will do so when I get home.

I am getting this in my log which is preventing my server from running as well. May be the same as his too. The last few lines repeat until the server crashes.

This is from multiple fresh installs of both Pimps source and RH from Launcher. At a loss as to what is going on.

Server is at home so no issue from a provider.

NGuiWdwInGameHUD.Update issues seems to be common across many mods but I cannot find any posts with an actual reason why or a fix. :(

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at Block.GetBlockValue (System.String _blockName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldBiomes.NH (Byte , System.String , System.Xml.XmlElement , Boolean ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldBiomes.AH (System.Xml.XmlDocument , Boolean ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldBiomes..ctor (System.Xml.XmlDocument _genxml, Boolean _instantiateReferences) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager+BI.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

at NGuiWdwInGameHUD.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

No I am getting an out of memory error. Not sure if it has to do with the virtual video card or if I set the Ram up for the VM wrong. I have tried reserve it and about every option I can think of. I never see more then 4 GB being used but then the server crashes out. I have tried setting it for 18 GB and 18432 MB. Is very odd.

I am getting this in my log which is preventing my server from running as well. May be the same as his too. The last few lines repeat until the server crashes.

This is from multiple fresh installs of both Pimps source and RH from Launcher. At a loss as to what is going on.

Server is at home so no issue from a provider.

NGuiWdwInGameHUD.Update issues seems to be common across many mods but I cannot find any posts with an actual reason why or a fix. :(

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

at Block.GetBlockValue (System.String _blockName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldBiomes.NH (Byte , System.String , System.Xml.XmlElement , Boolean ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldBiomes.AH (System.Xml.XmlDocument , Boolean ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldBiomes..ctor (System.Xml.XmlDocument _genxml, Boolean _instantiateReferences) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager+BI.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Let us know when you have a full log. The error is probably above that.

No I am getting an out of memory error. Not sure if it has to do with the virtual video card or if I set the Ram up for the VM wrong. I have tried reserve it and about every option I can think of. I never see more then 4 GB being used but then the server crashes out. I have tried setting it for 18 GB and 18432 MB. Is very odd.

OK.

Last i did my VCP was about 12 years ago so I a likely way out to lunch on this one.

How many Vcpu's are you allocating to the VM? I seem to remember that the VM will effectively not use any more than 4GB per core so if only have one Vcpu nothing matters beyond something a little less than 4GB anyway.

Do you need to run it in a VM?

https://paste.ubuntu.com/26355968/ <---ravenhearst

https://paste.ubuntu.com/26355979/ <---unmodded

Same Virtual machine

going to try ubuntu 12 instead of 17. noticed VM getting weird once Ravenhearst was on it.

Sorry for the delay. Please try the 64-bit server edition. You are currently using the 32-bit version, and can only access 3.7G of memory.

Here is my full log file for my issues unrelated to the memory one above.

[ATTACH]23725[/ATTACH]

Sorry for the trouble.

The log file looks like it's trying to load the Dedicated version (Dedi_7_Days_Horde_edition, but is running the 7daystodie.exe, which is the Client. It looks like you have a mixture of client and dedi in the same folder.

If you are running a server, you'l want to start it using the startdedicated.bat script, rather than the binary itself.