Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

It can't find some the Mods/SDX/Resources/ files. Are they there?

Yes all files are in their correct places and I just double checked. The error going on about the composter Ill try to dig and find out why this is happening. Im not very experienced with modding stuff. I have downloaded this manually 2 times before and didn't have any issues. I change the progression xml's and when I use the launcher it overwrites it so that's why I need to be able to manually do this.

Edit: I'm doing a clean install now hopefully I can get this working

Edited by DangerGirl Forever (see edit history)

When cement is made in the advanced forge it doesn't show in output.

What am I doing wrong here?

i'm not sure, i and others do not have this problem :/

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the response. I tried turning down the UMA textures, and it did give a slight boost too FPS (4-5), but later i tried turning off some of the options that could be turned off. It seems SHADOWS was the major hog. Turned them off and gained 15 FPS.

try killing reflections too. even in vanilla i turn off shadows and reflections, world of difference. those skyscrapers are a killer regardless.

Yes all files are in their correct places and I just double checked. The error going on about the composter Ill try to dig and find out why this is happening. Im not very experienced with modding stuff. I have downloaded this manually 2 times before and didn't have any issues. I change the progression xml's and when I use the launcher it overwrites it so that's why I need to be able to manually do this.

Edit: I'm doing a clean install now hopefully I can get this working

You could always do an initial install and play in the Mod Launcher. Then, after you started the game the first time, you can go edit the XML, and not use the mod launcher again until next update.

You could always do an initial install and play in the Mod Launcher. Then, after you started the game the first time, you can go edit the XML, and not use the mod launcher again until next update.

I can't even say this ever occurred to me *facepalm LMAO. I think I did try to do something like this before and it was with a different mod when I first started using the launcher. I tried to download mod launcher/mods stuff to a folder named 7 days to die-name of the mod I was trying to play at the time and it wouldn't recognize it in drop down menu and I gave up. I was thinking that the mod was to copy original game but I didnt see a copy in my files. Anyway I made this way more complicated than it had to be and thanks to your suggestion it's working now.

I can't even say this ever occurred to me *facepalm LMAO. I think I did try to do something like this before and it was with a different mod when I first started using the launcher. I tried to download mod launcher/mods stuff to a folder named 7 days to die-name of the mod I was trying to play at the time and it wouldn't recognize it in drop down menu and I gave up. I was thinking that the mod was to copy original game but I didnt see a copy in my files. Anyway I made this way more complicated than it had to be and thanks to your suggestion it's working now.

Some times we get focused on what we *know* we need to do, and we miss some of possible other options available :)

I'm glad it's working for you!

JaxTeller718

V2.08 SP 7day Horde ... Question ... WAS the SMG kill power reduced and doing less damage ... in yesterdays game 2.07 I was able to kill an Alien with about 20 homemade bullets to the head [ less than a full clip ] and I just got done playing for a bit today with v2.08 and IT TOOK 90/3+ clips and thank Goodness I had it .. I will agree that some may not have been good shots .. but that is a big deference.

Just wondering and Thank you

Another issue that I have had is with the crossbow .. after using it .. I always have an bolt in my hand when putting items down and Not using crossbow at that time .. has that been fixed yet, haven't seen any notes on it or is it just my game. Thanks again

PS: EDIT .. I just saw this and is this part of what I'm talking about .. copied from 2.08 update ....

[ -Lowered stats a bit on the starting guns ]

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

What about a 2.05 to 2.08, wipe?

If you wiped for 2.05 no wipe needed now. All you will miss out on is any new vehicles added to spawn or the 2 new POIs. Traps skill was adjusted, fixing a bug in it. But i don't see a need for a wipe for that, at least our server hasn't wiped for it.

- - - Updated - - -

JaxTeller718

V2.08 SP 7day Horde ... Question ... WAS the SMG kill power reduced and doing less damage ... in yesterdays game 2.07 I was able to kill an Alien with about 20 homemade bullets to the head [ less than a full clip ] and I just got done playing for a bit today with v2.08 and IT TOOK 90/3+ clips and thank Goodness I had it .. I will agree that some may not have been good shots .. but that is a big deference.

Just wondering and Thank you

Another issue that I have had is with the crossbow .. after using it .. I always have an bolt in my hand when putting items down and Not using crossbow at that time .. has that been fixed yet, haven't seen any notes on it or is it just my game. Thanks again

PS: EDIT .. I just saw this and is this part of what I'm talking about .. copied from 2.08 update ....

[ -Lowered stats a bit on the starting guns ]

The arrow in the hand that is a vanilla bug that was fixed but can reappear when using 3d models in modded games. It occurs when you scroll over the bow quickly. Unfortunately I do not have a fix for that other than removing the model.

The bullets in starting guns were indeed lowered a bit as they were more powerful than the actual bullets. There is still some balancing to be done but the intention was that homemade bullets are much less efficient than the "real" ones so it pushes you to go out and make ammo that is better.

- - - Updated - - -

I am on day 63 and enjoying the mod thank you very much.

One issue is that I can't unlock the recipe for corn meal. Is it in the game? I have skill books to unlock farmer but it doesn't look like the recipe is inside farmer.

Corn Meal is unlocked via a recipe cookbook found most frequently in cupboards and sinks

I am on a 2.08 wipe and i am having a slight issue with the crossbow after reloading there is a significant delay in allowing me to the right click zoom in i had no issue with the bow before i switched to the crossbow i didnt try to spawn an iron crossbow to see if it would make a difference or not

An arrow in the hand is........

I'll be nice.

Since the arrow glitch has been a vanilla bug for I can't remember how long, the only fix I've found for it is exiting and reloading the world. (No need to exit full game, just the world you're in.) That'll fix it for awhile, mine's been gone for a week now so far.

OTADS...

Since I'm wiping from 2.05-2.08 are there any good seeds out there with the new POI's?

An arrow in the hand is........

I'll be nice.

Since the arrow glitch has been a vanilla bug for I can't remember how long, the only fix I've found for it is exiting and reloading the world. (No need to exit full game, just the world you're in.) That'll fix it for awhile, mine's been gone for a week now so far.

I think your talking about my post not 100% sure

i tried a new world and took the bow class to get a crossbow and it still has the delay after firing

Edit i figured it out the delay was set to 3 maybe for balance but the animation doesn't change just takes longer to let you do anything i set it to two and it fired like it used to

Edited by habibo (see edit history)

Issue Eating Food from Advanced Campfire

I was having issues with eating food directly (boiled meat) out of the advanced campfire. There was no increase in my food bar and no return of the glass jar, even though the food went missing from the inventory. I just started moving it to my backpack and eating it from there, which worked fine, until after the 2.08 update. After the update I tried to eat the boiled meat from my inventory and it didn't register on my food bar and no return of jar. I tried to move it to a storage chest and eat it from there with no effect. I restarted the game and still the same result. I didn't try to change the meat prep type (ie grilled vs boiled). I'll try that later and let you know!

Anyway to remove or reduce the massive amount of loading lag this mod seems to put in? anytime I open any window there is a 1-3sec load time, or sometimes even more, its very obnoxious.

Utilise the favourites option, only real way to reduce the menu lag.

I think someone suggested when you open a menu click on the decoration(?) icon and don't have anything in it added to favorites so your menu is empty, then there should be no lag.

JaxTeller718 Half of the cooked products do not add wellness. The other half is not available for a long time. For this reason, both tea became useless. It is necessary to remake the wellness of all products. Just correct the disappearance of cans after cooking and eating food.

As for the lags in the recipe menu, there is a solution to this problem. In one of the mods, on this forum, some solution was used that removed the lags in the list of recipes, without using favorites. Ask the modellers who can and will remember.

I was having issues with eating food directly (boiled meat) out of the advanced campfire. There was no increase in my food bar and no return of the glass jar, even though the food went missing from the inventory. I just started moving it to my backpack and eating it from there, which worked fine, until after the 2.08 update. After the update I tried to eat the boiled meat from my inventory and it didn't register on my food bar and no return of jar. I tried to move it to a storage chest and eat it from there with no effect. I restarted the game and still the same result. I didn't try to change the meat prep type (ie grilled vs boiled). I'll try that later and let you know!

you have to use food ...drink and meds from the tool bar its buggy at the moment meds allways from belt food and drink sometimes they work from bag never from direct from fire :)

did you take the traps perk under the weapons category?

can't take it, I need -500 points to buy the perk and it goes further down at each level. the icon is locked; same icons as the other classes. I don't know if it's a bug or if I need to find a book or something like that. I started with 2.05 and it's now updated at 2.08 but the problem started at 2.05