Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

hey i need help i cant start the game at all . i have deleted the mod and reinstalled it 2 times i have tryed update it manualy but i still get the same error all time in the console

2017-12-13T20:56:52 11.617 ERR Loading and parsing 'blocks.xml' (No shape class 'BlockShapeWedged60Full' found)

2017-12-13T20:56:52 11.617 ERR Loading of blocks aborted due to errors!

2017-12-13T20:56:52 11.618 ERR at BlocksFromXml.CreateBlocks (.XmlFile _xmlFile, Boolean _fillLookupTable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

2017-12-13T20:56:52 11.788 ERR Loading and parsing items xml file (Unknown block name 'wallTorch' in use_action!/ at ItemActionPlaceAsBlock.ReadFrom (.DynamicProperties _props) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ItemClassesFromXml.CreateItems (.XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 )

2017-12-13T20:56:52 11.789 ERR Loading of items aborted due to errors!

2017-12-13T20:56:52 11.789 ERR at ItemActionPlaceAsBlock.ReadFrom (.DynamicProperties _props) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ItemClassesFromXml.CreateItems (.XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Exception: Block with name 'treeTallGrassDiagonal' not found!

please help me

okey after this error i deled the whole normal steam game downloaded a new copy totaly from steam then used that copy to install ravenhearst in a new folder . i got some red errors in the concole but the game started and logged me in for 1st time . but then next problem was again . the quest you have to Craft sticks for Arrows . there was no recipe for stcks at all but in cheat mode sticks was present . so closed the game made my own sticks recipe in the xml file and ofc the game dident stard again . deleted the stick recipe i made and again game dident start just full red errors all over screen . so have no clue how to even play this mod if 1. there is no stick recipe when the mod is working and 2. removing the stick recipe and game dont work at all

okey after this error i deled the whole normal steam game downloaded a new copy totaly from steam then used that copy to install ravenhearst in a new folder . i got some red errors in the concole but the game started and logged me in for 1st time . but then next problem was again . the quest you have to Craft sticks for Arrows . there was no recipe for stcks at all but in cheat mode sticks was present . so closed the game made my own sticks recipe in the xml file and ofc the game dident stard again . deleted the stick recipe i made and again game dident start just full red errors all over screen . so have no clue how to even play this mod if 1. there is no stick recipe when the mod is working and 2. removing the stick recipe and game dont work at all

You can scrap wood to get sticks :)

Can you post your log files?

Just wondering, has anyone been able to find diamonds while mining, been digging every night for about a week ingame under the wastelands and i have no idea what to look for :D

On the bright side i'm pretty much set up for brass for the rest of my life :smile-new:

Goto the Desert it's next to shale underground but still rare i found about 4 nodes underground but not one in the wasteland

A couple of questions

Anybody know a good place to loot Baseball bats I need it for my blunt quest, also wheres the best place to mine lead seems to be harder to find than other mods maybe i'm just not looking in the right biome and what skills do i need to craft the better stoves? Thanks in Advance.

Have Fun and Keep ON Surviving :peace:

Edited by StabbyU2 (see edit history)

I've been messing with FTP and this mod for several hours, yet I am still unable to get this to work. I am running my server through a third party server hosting service (Fragnet) which does support FTP (been using FileZilla).

I copied the files where they should be, but I still get the issue "Could not retrieve server information"

Here's the github Output log. Wasn't sure if there was anything else I was supposed to copy.

https://gist.githubusercontent.com/Peppens/0c9b499f416c02b20e5a8ce4f7f74b7a/raw/e55e00be0af41d9376d771618b3d9c8f223bc7dc/gistfile1.txt

Any ideas?

Anybody know a good place to loot Baseball bats I need it for my blunt quest, also wheres the best place to mine lead seems to be harder to find than other mods maybe i'm just not looking in the right biome and what skills do i need to craft the better stoves? Thanks in Advance.

Have Fun and Keep ON Surviving :peace:

Lead can be found in the Plains biome

Bats are found with other melee weapons and also any sporting goods type loot. Stoves can be crafted by Survival Class and is a perk you can buy. You can also buy an oven repair kit perk which will let you craft the kit and upgrade ovens in the world.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been messing with FTP and this mod for several hours, yet I am still unable to get this to work. I am running my server through a third party server hosting service (Fragnet) which does support FTP (been using FileZilla).

I copied the files where they should be, but I still get the issue "Could not retrieve server information"

Here's the github Output log. Wasn't sure if there was anything else I was supposed to copy.

https://gist.githubusercontent.com/Peppens/0c9b499f416c02b20e5a8ce4f7f74b7a/raw/e55e00be0af41d9376d771618b3d9c8f223bc7dc/gistfile1.txt

Any ideas?

Is this the entire log?

I dont see an error there but the rest of the log is missing. I have had that issue as well, mostly with hosthavoc. I had to actually tell them to allow the server to show in the server list. Unsure if this is related to your problem though.

Lead can be found in the Plains biome

Bats are found with other melee weapons and also any sporting goods type loot. Stoves can be crafted by Survival Class and is a perk you can buy. You can also buy an oven repair kit perk which will let you craft the kit and upgrade ovens in the world.

- - - Updated - - -

Is this the entire log?

I dont see an error there but the rest of the log is missing. I have had that issue as well, mostly with hosthavoc. I had to actually tell them to allow the server to show in the server list. Unsure if this is related to your problem though.

They have a stream, download, or new window for viewing the output log. Upon further digging into it, it said that Level0 was corrupted. So I deleted that, restarted and currently waiting. Any ideas how long a first boot usually takes? I've read from 6 minutes to about 10. It's currently sitting at the following line:

UnloadTime: 0.928812 ms

Setting up 2 worker threads for Enlighten.

Thread -> id: 918 -> priority: 1

Thread -> id: cd8 -> priority: 1

feedback

Here is my early game feedback, after playing on Jax's server. Keep in mind, my experience with the mod is very limited yet, Im only level 35. I came here from Spider's "True survival" and I like what I see here and I think I'm staying. I'm sorry that most of my suggestions are going to be from the 'True Suvival' mod, well, you can't deny it is one of the best mods out there. And I don't have much experience with other mods anyway. When Spider stepped away form 7dtd, he said people are free to use his code.

Ravenhearst is very taxing, it uses most of my 16G RAM just to load the game menu, and it uses it all when I load the game. I know that even vanilla game eats all my RAM when I travel a lot, but this mod is just unplayable for me. Solution? I use half size textures in options and the game runs SWEET! I don't even need to shut down chrome. Half-sized textures are ugly, but I love your mod so I made this choice.

Server commands (teleporting, gimme etc) seems cheating to me, but I'm OK with it since you can't force me use them :)

Since the mod is very different from vanilla, many things are unclear and you see the same questions popping up on the forums. I heard there are plans for the wiki and that is great, I'm ready to contribute. But some ingame help would be good too. Spider used journal notes, he figured we don't need the vanilla notes because they are basic, so he replaced them with the mod's mechanics descriptions. Also the items descriptions need info what workstations they are crafted in, and other info if they are different from vanilla. Also Spider implemented tutorial quests to educate on the new game mechanics.

The terrain is too flat. I guess I'm hard to please, because I was bitching about Spider's 'unpassable ugly mountains', but you here made it flat to extreme. I don't understand your reasons for that.

Love the pictures and posters, though I suspect they are the main reason for the RAM usage. Still love them.

Airdrops are very rare. I was told they are set to 4 days schedule, but there are so many people on the server, I would suggets increasing the airdrop frequency. The treasure maps, on the contrary, are abundant. While I don't mind that, it gets a bit repeatative to dig them. Xyth (I think) redisigned the airdrop and treasure chests for the Spider's mod, made them 'thematic' and somehow very interesting to hunt for. You can look for the code in True Survival A15 or ask Xyth directly.

I also recommend implementing the ability to craft helmets with attached flashlight. Because mining helmet is so useful it eliminates the need for any other helmet. Isn't everyone bored to wear the same mining helmet since vanilla? - Edit: I found out you can craft helmets with lights in this mod. Great!

My only death so far was from a mine I stumbled upon in the dark. I think this 'insta death' mechanic is not that good. Spider (again, sorry :smile-new: ) rebalanced mines so they could never kill a 100% healthy character. Different mines do different damage and the strongest hub-cap mine does 90 damage, so it hurts you bad but doesn't outright kill you.

While I was struggling starting out, very soon the game became much too easy. I one-shot normal zeds with my 200 quality wooden bow and stone arrows (archery skill 50). I didn't even buy the Robin Hood perks. So I don't see much reason for more advanced bows, crossbows and arrows. But I know zeds gonna have their health increased after day 126, also there are night terrors soon. Also I tried to spawn the night terrors in creative, they seem much too tough. I just don't understand the logic, normal zeds are too easy, while night terrors are unkillable. But don't forget my experience is very limited in this mod so I'm not ready to give balancing advice. Btw, I'm using a crosshair overlay because we don't have crosshair when aiming down the sights.

I would suggest increasing usefulness for the basic vanilla campfire, add some more recipes while increasing cost for the advanced campfire. I think the starting campfire is very limited and gets outdated almost instantly. Also the cooking skill seems redundant, maybe get rid of it because we have 'advanced cooking'.

Haven't unlocked the wind mill powerstation, only seen it on screen shots, but I dream to build one some day.

Since there is going to be a wipe for the incoming 3.0 patch (after the New Year?), I'm not gonna start my big building project until then, and I have a request to add 3 blocks to the game (3M cobblestone arch). Blocks ID are 1118, 1119, 1120.

And if you are not mad at me yet, some more Spider's mechanics I liked: cooking and farming quests for "True Survival" A16, his medicine system (different kinds of wounds and treatment for them), his poisoning system (but please not so punishing lol). And for some reason I loved the way we assemble engines in True Survival. I know engines are craftable here too, but maybe you can have a look the way he did it?

Best wishes for this mod! Love the server and community, I hope to stay here for a long time and have great plans.

Edited by unlike them
helmets with lights (see edit history)

Just wondering, has anyone been able to find diamonds while mining, been digging every night for about a week ingame under the wastelands and i have no idea what to look for :D

On the bright side i'm pretty much set up for brass for the rest of my life :smile-new:

I found some last night in the desert biome. Was a silver looking block, and got stone mostly with the odd diamond. 4 in total from a 1000 block.

unlike them I do not agree. The best mod is valmod. This generation of the world is amazing. The terrain is flat - this is a plus of this mod. Foolish mountains, in other modes, make nervous and eat up a lot of computer resources. In occasion of mines and strong monsters. And do not climb at night, stay at home! The first page warns that it is dangerous at night. Mina must kill, otherwise why she needs it. Do not ask to cut the bow and strengthen the usual zombies, this is not a hardcore mod. If it's easy for you, put the maximum difficulty settings, the duration of the day is 60 minutes and the zombie runs always. I agree with the cooking, it needs to be finalized.

They have a stream, download, or new window for viewing the output log. Upon further digging into it, it said that Level0 was corrupted. So I deleted that, restarted and currently waiting. Any ideas how long a first boot usually takes? I've read from 6 minutes to about 10. It's currently sitting at the following line:

UnloadTime: 0.928812 ms

Setting up 2 worker threads for Enlighten.

Thread -> id: 918 -> priority: 1

Thread -> id: cd8 -> priority: 1

We'd need to see the full server log file in order to help you troubleshoot this. The errors you've mentioned aren't critical, nor are they stopping your server from running.

Here is my early game feedback, after playing on Jax's server. Keep in mind, my experience with the mod is very limited yet, Im only level 35. I came here from Spider's "True survival" and I like what I see here and I think I'm staying. I'm sorry that most of my suggestions are going to be from the 'True Suvival' mod, well, you can't deny it is one of the best mods out there. And I don't have much experience with other mods anyway. When Spider stepped away form 7dtd, he said people are free to use his code.

Ravenhearst is very taxing, it uses most of my 16G RAM just to load the game menu, and it uses it all when I load the game. I know that even vanilla game eats all my RAM when I travel a lot, but this mod is just unplayable for me. Solution? I use half size textures in options and the game runs SWEET! I don't even need to shut down chrome. Half-sized textures are ugly, but I love your mod so I made this choice.

Server commands (teleporting, gimme etc) seems cheating to me, but I'm OK with it since you can't force me use them :)

Since the mod is very different from vanilla, many things are unclear and you see the same questions popping up on the forums. I heard there are plans for the wiki and that is great, I'm ready to contribute. But some ingame help would be good too. Spider used journal notes, he figured we don't need the vanilla notes because they are basic, so he replaced them with the mod's mechanics descriptions. Also the items descriptions need info what workstations they are crafted in, and other info if they are different from vanilla. Also Spider implemented tutorial quests to educate on the new game mechanics.

The terrain is too flat. I guess I'm hard to please, because I was bitching about Spider's 'unpassable ugly mountains', but you here made it flat to extreme. I don't understand your reasons for that.

Love the pictures and posters, though I suspect they are the main reason for the RAM usage. Still love them.

Airdrops are very rare. I was told they are set to 4 days schedule, but there are so many people on the server, I would suggets increasing the airdrop frequency. The treasure maps, on the contrary, are abundant. While I don't mind that, it gets a bit repeatative to dig them. Xyth (I think) redisigned the airdrop and treasure chests for the Spider's mod, made them 'thematic' and somehow very interesting to hunt for. You can look for the code in True Survival A15 or ask Xyth directly.

I also recommend implementing the ability to craft helmets with attached flashlight. Because mining helmet is so useful it eliminates the need for any other helmet. Isn't everyone bored to wear the same mining helmet since vanilla? - Edit: I found out you can craft helmets with lights in this mod. Great!

My only death so far was from a mine I stumbled upon in the dark. I think this 'insta death' mechanic is not that good. Spider (again, sorry :smile-new: ) rebalanced mines so they could never kill a 100% healthy character. Different mines do different damage and the strongest hub-cap mine does 90 damage, so it hurts you bad but doesn't outright kill you.

While I was struggling starting out, very soon the game became much too easy. I one-shot normal zeds with my 200 quality wooden bow and stone arrows (archery skill 50). I didn't even buy the Robin Hood perks. So I don't see much reason for more advanced bows, crossbows and arrows. But I know zeds gonna have their health increased after day 126, also there are night terrors soon. Also I tried to spawn the night terrors in creative, they seem much too tough. I just don't understand the logic, normal zeds are too easy, while night terrors are unkillable. But don't forget my experience is very limited in this mod so I'm not ready to give balancing advice. Btw, I'm using a crosshair overlay because we don't have crosshair when aiming down the sights.

I would suggest increasing usefulness for the basic vanilla campfire, add some more recipes while increasing cost for the advanced campfire. I think the starting campfire is very limited and gets outdated almost instantly. Also the cooking skill seems redundant, maybe get rid of it because we have 'advanced cooking'.

Haven't unlocked the wind mill powerstation, only seen it on screen shots, but I dream to build one some day.

Since there is going to be a wipe for the incoming 3.0 patch (after the New Year?), I'm not gonna start my big building project until then, and I have a request to add 3 blocks to the game (3M cobblestone arch). Blocks ID are 1118, 1119, 1120.

And if you are not mad at me yet, some more Spider's mechanics I liked: cooking and farming quests for "True Survival" A16, his medicine system (different kinds of wounds and treatment for them), his poisoning system (but please not so punishing lol). And for some reason I loved the way we assemble engines in True Survival. I know engines are craftable here too, but maybe you can have a look the way he did it?

Best wishes for this mod! Love the server and community, I hope to stay here for a long time and have great plans.

Hello, I agree on almost everything, and I join the suggestions.

Congratulations for all the work, Jax, you're really getting to something very good, regards.

MOD with OSX

Hello,

I'm french and i don't speak verry well english and i can't read all the posts of this forum for my problem, but can you help me?

I try to install your mod "version 2.09" with 7D2D 16.4 on my mac osx (Hight sierra). I have an error with block.xml and or prefab i don't find block or object or item with id:1989 and id:311.

I give you my outputlog.

i try to install "Valmod" it work very well.

i don't anderstand because your mod don't work.

For info. I try to install your mod on the vanilla version game.

Can you help me please?

Really, no body can help me on this forum??

unlike them I do not agree. The best mod is valmod. This generation of the world is amazing. The terrain is flat - this is a plus of this mod. Foolish mountains, in other modes, make nervous and eat up a lot of computer resources. In occasion of mines and strong monsters. And do not climb at night, stay at home! The first page warns that it is dangerous at night. Mina must kill, otherwise why she needs it. Do not ask to cut the bow and strengthen the usual zombies, this is not a hardcore mod. If it's easy for you, put the maximum difficulty settings, the duration of the day is 60 minutes and the zombie runs always. I agree with the cooking, it needs to be finalized.

well maybe each person just have their own taste preferences, i've played valmod and reached end game, but not really feels that's strong attachment. maybe each mod has their strong point in some categories. for example, from my own personal opinion,

in term of difficulties :

1. True Survival

2. Starvation

3. Ravenhearst

in term of 'vast options of things to do' and end game activities :

1. Starvation

2. Ravenhearst

3. True survival

in term of zombie's spawn and vast options of crafting items :

1. Ravenhearst

2. Starvation

3. True survival

so yeah, i think there's no mod that is "best at everything", each mod have their own best "strength" at some categories.

Really, no body can help me on this forum??

Try this:

MAC Install -

1) Uninstall 7dtd. Open Finder, from taskbar choose Go -> Home. Open Library -> Application Support -> Steam -> steamapps -> common. Delete 7 Days to Die folder. Reinstall 7 Days to Die.

2) Unzip downloaded mod. Open unzipped folder. You should see 4 folders: 7DaysToDie_Data, 7DaysToDieServer_Data, Data, and Mods. I will be referring to this as a “home screen”.

3) Open Steam. In your games Library, right-click 7 Days to Die and choose Properties from the drop-down menu. Choose the LOCAL FILES tab and choose BROWSE LOCAL FILES.

4) Copy & paste (do not drag-and-drop) the Mods folder to this location.

5) Open 7DaysToDie_Data -> Managed.

6) Right-click 7DaysToDie.app and choose Show Package Contents. Here you should see 2 folders: Contents and Data. This will be the other “home screen”. 7) Open Contents -> Resources -> Data -> Managed.

8) Copy & paste (do not drag-and-drop) the .dll files into this location. Mac OSX will ask if you want to keep both or replace. Choose replace.

9) Navigate back to each home screen.

10) Drag-and-drop the 7DaysToDie_Data, 7DaysToDieServer_Data, and Mods folders into this location.

11) Open the Data folders in each location. You will see there are Config, Prefabs, and UMATextures folders in each.

12) For each of these three folders, open up its corresponding folder so you can see the contents. Drag-and-drop the mod’s contents into its respective folder. For duplicate files, mac OSX will ask if you want to Skip, Stop, or Replace. Check the “Apply to All” checkbox, then choose Replace.

13) Start 7 Days to Die and enjoy the mod!

Not sure if its me or its broke, but when using the chainsaw, not gaining any electric tools EXP.

The auger is giving EXP, but I cut down 20-30 trees and nothing.

i don't believe the chainsaw is listed in that category, you can see what skills it uses when you select it and read the text.

For the scrap tools, Do i need to find the recipe for them. I unlocked the scrap tool skill thing, but cant make them as i dont know the recipe

Scrap tools unlock with leveling scavenging, i think it was around 10-15. For tools what i found most useful to do however is to just use tools you find, or buy from the trader and not invest too much points into them until Steel Tools (level 50), i'm at day 27 and haven't crafted a single tool :D

Edited by Vylkodav (see edit history)

will reply to a few things!

i hope you find the memory program helpful, also lower UMA textures, really doesn't effect anything visually, yet many find this helps.

the terrain is based off of some awesomeness by Tin on these forums, possibly further tinkered by Jax.

you'll notice we have a lot more towns and cities, and connecting roads in this mod, that is the main reason.

and we have a lot of builders. this mod was created initially, ever evolving, for jax's server, for things his people wanted.

yes! he's managed to accidentally create a bit of a trading card game, it's fun seeing people excited when they get a poster they want

Airdrops are very rare. I was told they are set to 4 days schedule, but there are so many people on the server, I would suggets increasing the airdrop frequency.

our map never sleeps.. maybe an hour or two a day. 4 in game days happens at least several times a real life day, it would be too much, or the same two people on in the dead of night would get all of them. that aside, it's still editable by game/server i believe.

i like this idea, but will jax? haha. he lowered the chance of mines in the wasteland greatly at least.. but don't thank him they might get raised again

While I was struggling starting out, very soon the game became much too easy. I one-shot normal zeds with my 200 quality wooden bow and stone arrows (archery skill 50). I didn't even buy the Robin Hood perks. So I don't see much reason for more advanced bows, crossbows and arrows. But I know zeds gonna have their health increased after day 126, also there are night terrors soon. Also I tried to spawn the night terrors in creative, they seem much too tough. I just don't understand the logic, normal zeds are too easy, while night terrors are unkillable.

i believe there is a fix incoming for bows, some code gremlins got in and had some fun.

night TERRORS. you're not supposed to kill them easy early on. they're supposed to make you wary of night again.

blame sphere for that, he's been going for his dr. evil degree also.

campfire is intended to be limiting, and be replaced quickly.

cooking skill reduces your crafting time with foods, you cook, you get better at cooking.

getting better with cooking allows you to discover new recipes (adv cooking)

none of this is required, it's player choice. there's also cookbooks in the world that unlock other recipes.

keep in mind no single player is expected to learn every skill possible, and some seek to do just that.

And if you are not mad at me yet, some more Spider's mechanics I liked: cooking and farming quests for "True Survival" A16, his medicine system (different kinds of wounds and treatment for them), his poisoning system (but please not so punishing lol).

not very familiar with how spider does things, but there are a few un-vanilla things that can happen to you in this mod that you need to handle before they get worse.

been nice having you around!

as an end note i think the main purpose of this mod is not necessarily to make it SO DIFFICULT so as to sap the fun out of it, as to lengthen the span of early game, (ie not face rolling steel mega bases at lvl 40 and then complaining you never had a horde that even had dogs in it before quitting) and bring back zombies and the need to actually go out and explore and loot.

ravenhearst was never self promoted as difficult, (though it can be!) but a conglomeration and expansion of things our server community has come to love and hate as orchestrated by jax.

i still got Problem with the farming, i updated the version to 2.10 and started new seed, i right started with the farming at day 1 because i like to have enough Food, now 4 days later nothing happened to anything i planted down. trees are still Little think, the vegewtables and corn just chilling around without any reaction.

did you incerasse the growtime that bad or ist just not working?

i still got Problem with the farming, i updated the version to 2.10 and started new seed, i right started with the farming at day 1 because i like to have enough Food, now 4 days later nothing happened to anything i planted down. trees are still Little think, the vegewtables and corn just chilling around without any reaction.

did you incerasse the growtime that bad or ist just not working?

Plants have decreased in grow time from 360 minutes a stage to 300 minutes a stage, 5 to 2.5 days per stage, depending on your day length.

hey guys. loving the mod however i encountered an issue today.

There was a sudden storm here that cut power and now my save is crashing on Building Environment and giving me an "Array is our of range" error

Is there anything i can do to save the world as i had done a lot!

thanks for any advice

Driitz