Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I cant see them reducing the map size so drastically just to shorten the one time generation. That would make the decision stupid. Right now the decision sucks but its not stupid, they HAVE to have more of a reason beyond a one time per map creation time decrease.

Well naturally, the reason is the new improved lighting in A17.

Oh. And loot respawn is for pussies.

Well it does kinda go back to that whole "It's not always the same 8 players all the time" thing you posted earlier. If I log out, go to bed, then go to work, then log back on, there could have been 50 people passing through in that time cleaning everything out like locusts.

im just gona throw this out there, the massive map gives plenty to explore and try to find a perfect base location. that said, i can understand why this change is being done.

there for! i ask for a simple request... give us the option to designate the map size for random gen. smaller maps are better for lesser computers, but still has the option to generate large maps. i dont think thats a unfair suggestion no? if server owners are gona have that option, so should users for there solo games.

im just gona throw this out there, the massive map gives plenty to explore and try to find a perfect base location. that said, i can understand why this change is being done.

there for! i ask for a simple request... give us the option to designate the map size for random gen. smaller maps are better for lesser computers, but still has the option to generate large maps. i dont think thats a unfair suggestion no? if server owners are gona have that option, so should users for there solo games.

You can do that for SP games im the xml, same as server owners have to use. It is the ultimate options menu.

so last i heard weapon mods are not removable, can we per say overwrite them with another mod or is it "once you put it in, its permanent"???

They can be overwritten with a new mod if i remember correctly.

<shrug>

Start at 00:10:55 and judge for yourself.

Video #17 Q&A with Prime and Kinyajuu

A valid question that was a bit glossed over...

If we can only hope to max out 2 perks and get 1/2 way on 2 more then that is going to seriously screw over single player. I have a terrible internet connection living where I do and to top it off I play on a potato...

I generally try to keep an open mind as far as the changes happening; sure i chime in from time to time but I usually refrain from being too negative. This however I can see no up side to; not for single player. It seems to me as though the devs have decided to embrace the MOBA genera and left anyone playing solo to just deal with it.

Perhaps I missed something or misinterpreted what was said, but in spite of wanting to play online I cant and have no obvious recourse.

I swear they purposely do things every alpha update to mess with the timing so you have to relearn how to melee. This time will be no different with the added variables of:

1) You just don't know when they're really dead now with the ragdolling and removal of the enemy HP bar

2) They can hit mid-animation which makes for getting sucker punched if you're battling the way you're used to

3) You have to have the cursor exactly on them when the hit lands to actually hit them. Hits are much less forgiving.

4) Power attacks are tempting but tough and you will take hits trying to land them.

I'm just warning people to have medkits and beer handy during the first few hours of new-update-melee-timing-adaptation because the learning curve is real.

There is no longer going to be an enemy HP bar? That is disappointing if so.

A valid question that was a bit glossed over...

If we can only hope to max out 2 perks and get 1/2 way on 2 more then that is going to seriously screw over single player. I have a terrible internet connection living where I do and to top it off I play on a potato...

I generally try to keep an open mind as far as the changes happening; sure i chime in from time to time but I usually refrain from being too negative. This however I can see no up side to; not for single player. It seems to me as though the devs have decided to embrace the MOBA genera and left anyone playing solo to just deal with it.

Perhaps I missed something or misinterpreted what was said, but in spite of wanting to play online I cant and have no obvious recourse.

Well one part of 7DTD is that is an RPG apparently this change is part of that.

You do have a recourse. You can either up the max level or up the skill points per level. It is a small change of a number in the xml (progression i think).

So just do that and this change by TFP wont mess with you.

I know it is a cheap ploy saying just mod the xml but the xml is essentially the ultimate options menu and super easy to learn to change.

Just get Notepad+ and if you need help just ask here or the mod portion of the forum.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no longer going to be an enemy HP bar? That is disappointing if so.

If i remember correctly you can enable it via xml.

I guess you would have to explain exactly HOW a SP character would be screwed if she couldn’t max out all perks. Currently, I don’t believe your premise so let’s start there.

My view is that any player can survive, mine, farm, scavenge, build, defend, trade, craft, battle, explore, swim, drive, etc. with both some strengths and some weaknesses. You tell me what part of the game a single player is locked out of if she can’t get 100% strengths in everything?

Don’t just say there’s screwage. Show me the screwage.

It seems to me as though the devs have decided to embrace the MOBA genera and left anyone playing solo to just deal with it.

I apologize for being so ♥♥♥♥ about this.. but there's no semblance of moba to what TFP have been doing. MOBAs are Multiplayer Online Battle Arena. If they forced pvp and wouldn't allow any play outside of their own servers, then maybe.

Again, sorry.

Archived