Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

First sorry for my bad english. I hope you understand all what i say :)

I played 7 days to die approx 10 hours until now and i like this game very much. But now I know Alpha 17 experimental is coming this month and I have to start a new game for it. Now i fell like it's useless to play my old save until i can play the new patch...

By the way: I love the Idea to design the map like a sphere.

I played 7 days to die approx 10 hours until now and i like this game very much. But now I know Alpha 17 experimental is coming this month and I have to start a new game for it. Now i fell like it's useless to play my old save until i can play the new patch...

If you are just starting keep playing so you can learn more. Yeah some stuff will change but basic stuff will still be the same. If it was me and I just started I would play and learn more maybe even experiment with different things. By the way it could be next month until it comes out.

Edit: oh and English is fine probably better then mine lol.

As crazywildfire well said - keep playing. There is nothing better to discover something new and use it as advantage. Savegames before experimental and before stable will need to be deleted , but thats the best time to have fun. Fast and reckless.

Welcome to the forums.

Why? Nothing happens.. Everyone gets like.. 1 or 2 Zombies and that's it. :f

Thats why i suggested every player have his own 7days horde. If you join on day3 then your horde will be at day10/17 etc and new player never join server on redmoon because he have 7days to his own horde night.

This will help spread more zombies for everybody.

Thats why i suggested every player have his own 7days horde. If you join on day3 then your horde will be at day10/17 etc and new player never join server on redmoon because he have 7days to his own horde night.

This will help spread more zombies for everybody.

7 players living together who all joined on consecutive days means a horde every night.

Maybe so. But you could run through a wandering horde and never get hit. By time their hit animation started you were past them. Now you can get hit. It’s happened to me several times. It was also very apparent when playing always run. They would run right up to you, stop, and then swing. It made it easy when going one on one against a running zombie.

It’s way better now. Great job!

Well that explains your new avatar. lol

Much of this doesn’t apply to the new system which you couldn’t know (and as you admitted to suspecting in a later post)

But I do get the gist of what you are saying. If crafting recipes are locked behind high level perks (however that works in the new system) then there really are parts of the game locked away from the player unless the player chooses those and if they must choose those to be able to craft those stations and high tier blocks and equipment then that leaves less choices for other things.

My personal feeling is that it would be awesome to play once where I’m a master crafter and can create whatever I want and then do another playthrough where I don’t craft those things myself but I use operational workstations I find in the world and trade for items I can’t craft myself. It would definitely make for two very different playthroughs.

My point is that you still have access to everything and you can still participate in all gameplay offerings. You can use a chemistry station and a workbench even if you don’t have the skill to make one yourself and that all by itself creates an emergent quest you wouldn’t get in a game where you can just craft it yourself.

Now if you can’t have fun unless you can always craft everything then yes you’re going to always want to choose to max your crafting skills every time you play and then use the rest of the points for whatever.

Fair enough...but some maps just aren't very forgiving when it comes to functional workbenches and the like.....I often end up feeling like I am looking for the forge book from way back when all over again...and I am certain you remember how that left you feeling after a month ingame.

I've been running an 8 slot "standard" max difficulty dedicated server since 2014, this game has come a LONG way. Zombies pathing has always been a bit predictable so I'm especially excited for these AI enhancements for the added challenge.

Can't wait to get my hands on A17E, thanks for the hard work.

-MooMoo

7 players living together who all joined on consecutive days means a horde every night.

I always play on server with 4 others friends and now we are getting like 5 zombies even when we live together because amount of zombies are divided by large amount of people.

If not everybody having own 7days counter what about every map quarter have own horde night? I mean NorthWest/NE/SW/SE sides...

Have seen servers with max set to 60 or higher...I would dread being on one with that many on at once on a horde night

Usually the horde nights are timid, if not completely broken. I'll maybe get 5 zeds during the whole night. Sometimes I'll just go looting during the horde because none of the sleepers spawn either. The game isn't coded to handle 20 or more people on horde night. You gotta be careful though when horde hits and you're one of three or four people on the server at like 6 in the morning or whatever. It was vicious. More than I could count and they chewed through my base like it was made of crackers.

Usually the horde nights are timid, if not completely broken. I'll maybe get 5 zeds during the whole night. Sometimes I'll just go looting during the horde because none of the sleepers spawn either. The game isn't coded to handle 20 or more people on horde night. You gotta be careful though when horde hits and you're one of three or four people on the server at like 6 in the morning or whatever. It was vicious. More than I could count and they chewed through my base like it was made of crackers.

I was raiding somebody at 4AM once and I was the only player online, even though it was a busy pvp server. When the horde night begun I was lucky enough to be already inside the enemy base, so I could hear dozens of zombies outside destroying the walls. I kept looting and when I left, (roughly an hour later), I found that my raid had caused a major disintegration of the lower part of that base. I guess the owners of the base were pretty upset afterwards ;)

Why everybody here got batman™ avatar??? Like 50 % ppl have it. xDD

Because NANANANAN NANANANNANANA BATMAN

- - - Updated - - -

I was raiding somebody at 4AM once and I was the only player online, even though it was a busy pvp server. When the horde night begun I was lucky enough to be already inside the enemy base, so I could hear dozens of zombies outside destroying the walls. I kept looting and when I left, (roughly an hour later), I found that my raid had caused a major disintegration of the lower part of that base. I guess the owners of the base were pretty upset afterwards ;)

Lol I imagine. The hordes get pretty nasty when your the only one on

Horde nights are worst when A) you are alone, B) you've got the max spawn setting way up.

Then you'll understand #repairgate #hordenightnofun etc.

The batman avatar is the reason why we're not playing A17 yet. Everyone must switch to the shady knight.

So i tried that build before, the gingerbread base build... or GBB as we call it. Doesnt work very well. Smells great though!

Archived