Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Let me rephrase the question: any word on upping the radius/range the bedroll has to make the poi fully secure from zombs respawning inside a normal size house? Ive had the bedroll in the middle of the poi on the first floor, on the second floor and they still had a chance of respawning.

Let me rephrase the question: any word on upping the radius/range the bedroll has to make the poi fully secure from zombs respawning inside a normal size house? Ive had the bedroll in the middle of the poi on the first floor, on the second floor and they still had a chance of respawning.

I've heard nothing. AFAIK, it will be the same.

Could you actually find a location in Arizona that could possibly fit the map of Navazgane?

1) The map of Navazgane is that of a built up "Bedroom Community" that is near a larger city.

2) It also has wilderness areas and a national forest, that could contradict the above.

Or would it?

First find Prescott Arizona, Its 50 miles to the north of Phoenix.

Two national forests east and west if it.

Mountains in the area.

Lakes in the area.

It also is the hub of several smaller towns...

SO, I submit to you that the Navazgane Map is adjacent to the Prescott Arizona... MAP

https://www.google.ru/maps/place/Prescott,+AZ/@34.5698638,-112.4691629,10.1z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x872d28d400717ceb:0x9a43de752eefedd!8m2!3d34.5400242!4d-112.4685025

Population of 100,000... Zombies?

My only question is: DLC? or a Part 2?

:)

D'oh...you made me click on your MAP. I should have known it wasn't a link not being another color but my curiosity overwhelmed my senses and I wanted to see your map of Arizona.

Well played....

Fixed it! sort of :)

Edit: I was trying to get people to think that the 5 mile square maps could have adjacent maps next to them.

You could have radiated zones between maps and if you want to continue, it shows how much gas, food and water and possible radiation pills it would take.

So travel to Phoenix Arizona is 10-15 map lengths away for example. Maybe have a road sign with "Phoenix - 50 Miles" If you click on it It gives you an option to fast travel to it! If you have enough supplies.

If A17 has made me thankful for anything it is that all the people mad at me for how hard I made my mod will focus their attention on the difficulty being raised by this update :D

I for one cant wait for this alpha, and these changes I am reading about. For the first time in a long time I am VERY excited to play an alpha just as much as peeking inside of it.

Yup, A17 has a lot of potential. I can see by A18-A20, the baseline for a near infinite world, with all kinds of threats and allies.

I can't wait for someone to make a 5 mile square map of nothing but city! With the intensity of the Hub city of A14(?) With scrap metal bridges between some buildings... Where the REALLY bad stuff is in the subways and sewers.

Eventually a multi map city like New York where there are just a few points where you can get in (or escape from more likely!).

That heavily implies that the new Rwg, which is square not round, 8Kx8K not 20K diameter, baked during generation not chunk loading (just illustrating the known changes), is still configurable via xml to change the size.

Damn, I vigorously hope so! Roland can you confirm pls?

If A17 has made me thankful for anything it is that all the people mad at me for how hard I made my mod will focus their attention on the difficulty being raised by this update :D

I for one cant wait for this alpha, and these changes I am reading about. For the first time in a long time I am VERY excited to play an alpha just as much as peeking inside of it.

I don't do the mods much, which one is yours?

I don't do the mods much, which one is yours?

saith the one with Raven in his name .LOL

its my very favorite mod "Ravenhurst" , i enjoy the hardcore challenge it had because zombies werent much of a problem .

jax figured a way around is by locking every thing behind looting and gathering resources .

but as A17 approaches i think the game will be hard enough as Roland confirms that " zombies will tear you apart now"

+1 to the excitement meter.

Ravenhurst and Fennec mod are fantastic. Im playing both, Raven is a lot slower progression but loads of fun. Fennec is similar, Max Fox is the dev and great guy.

I must say im really looking forward to vanilla A17 ( unless Jax and Max update in a flash lol ) . Im getting sick of all my mates asking when is it out , i should be on TFP payroll in P.R lol

Have seen servers with max set to 60 or higher...I would dread being on one with that many on at once on a horde night

Why? Nothing happens.. Everyone gets like.. 1 or 2 Zombies and that's it. :f

Ravenhurst and Fennec mod are fantastic. Im playing both, Raven is a lot slower progression but loads of fun. Fennec is similar, Max Fox is the dev and great guy.

I must say im really looking forward to vanilla A17 ( unless Jax and Max update in a flash lol ) . Im getting sick of all my mates asking when is it out , i should be on TFP payroll in P.R lol

Easy solution. Tell your mates to read shizzle themselves ^^. No need to get paid then either ;)

Cheers

Archived