Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Yup, once it takes over one full day to repair my base (with a hammer), I stop defending any surface fort on horde night. I figure my character would be smart enough to know what side his bread was pooped on.

Also got tired of spending days doing repairs. I now have a bugout shelter where I store my good stuff and food and a separate dedicated horde base. Its a really simple design with alot of spikes and catwalks. Its practically disposable.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know what a gingerbread base is but I could really go for some of my mom's gingerbread right now. With applesauce.

I can smell it! Now my stomach is growling.

It's quite accurate now. If the crosshair is on the head you hit the head. If it is not on the head you miss or hit the body.

That's not what it means. Sorry for the confusion.

Before A17 if a zombie was walking it would always stop the walking animation before starting the hitting animation. Before A17 if a zombie was standing up it would never start a hitting animation until it completed it's animation of standing up.

In A17 a zombie can do the hit animation while it is walking and while it is standing up. So if you are used to running past groups of zombies knowing you've always been safe or if you are used to standing over a zombie as it stands up from being asleep or knocked down getting several hits in with no risk...it ain't that way any more.

Pass through a group of zombies and you can get clocked. Rush over to a sleeper and start wailing on it and it might just reach out stun you while it is standing up. That means an adjustment and adaptation to tactics people have been used to.

So long hit n run tactics...I will miss you.

umm.... this IS A17E.

We're experimenting the waiting before MM does his playthrough of A17... Didn't you get the memo? C'mon!

Well since I got the memo that this is experimental but Were not able to experiment because its not out yet. Thought thats how experimental works, are we getting a full release of A17 now?

What did you call me?

200% loot rate, 2hr days, daily air drops, and 5 day loot respawns...doesn't get more hadcore than that!!

Noob! Try supply crates falling like the rain! Your always ducking and weaving, trying not to get crushed by all that loot!

Last tweet by Joel, if you have missed:

here is the explanation for a new video delay

So it looks like instead of releasing it on time they decided to add a completely new feature to delay the release of A17E, I mean its good but bad for us who are excited to play it now.

So it looks like instead of releasing it on time they decided to add a completely new feature to delay the release of A17E, I mean its good but bad for us who are excited to play it now.

This has already been discussed (but it's buried under PAGES and PAGES of map size debate). Art and bug fixing are separate things done by separate people.

I guess you would have to explain exactly HOW a SP character would be screwed if she couldn’t max out all perks. Currently, I don’t believe your premise so let’s start there.

Don’t just say there’s screwage. Show me the screwage.

Is this the part where we start pointing at spots on the doll?

Asking for a friend who recently received a "cease and desist" order from Mattel.

- - - Updated - - -

We’re closing in a month since Joel aka madmole said soon to a new video on twitter

I wonder what his definition of soon is I’d really like to know. Lol

Get back to you with that definition soon.

This has already been discussed (but it's buried under PAGES and PAGES of map size debate). Art and bug fixing are separate things done by separate people.

Yeah I cant keep up with every single post because theres alot of pages to go though for everything.

part of the reason why these things keep getting pushed back is that whoever is in charge doesn't know how to say no, and has not enough discipline. feature creep is a real problem and 7D2D is not immune

Wow, you know all of that how? You sat in on their meetings? Feature creep isn't really a thing in Alpha. That's what Alpha is. You add more and more features. You pick points that you want wider testing and release those to the Early Access players. That decision is probably pretty fluid by design.

Archived