Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

If it is not marked for collision like grass, it can't tell it exists.

Nothing should be pathing up a tree.

Rocks and such could be avoided if in wander mode we looked at end points and gave it open flat areas to stop at.

Thanks for the info faatal.

Your saying that nothing should be pathing up a tree?

Now that I think about it. I never seen an NPC go up a tree. On the other hand, I have seen some weird action with NPC's spawning in.

Vultures for example: I will be riding along in RG and suddenly I will see this very fast moving vulture fly in from out of nowhere. Like watching a spaceship warp into an area.

Then just act like normal.

I think that these NPC's are spawning in trees.

- - - Updated - - -

except Spider Pig!
Snip.

Yes, that's what I've been seeing but in Alpha 16.

That first shot is from Alpha 10 right?

If it is not marked for collision like grass, it can't tell it exists.

Nothing should be pathing up a tree.

Rocks and such could be avoided if in wander mode we looked at end points and gave it open flat areas to stop at.

In burnt biome I sometimes have zombies walk up the tree and drop on me from above. One of the burnt tree models has enough of an angle for them to climb. Either that, or they are spawning on top of it

- - - Updated - - -

Yes in --A17-- nothing should.

Glad it's getting fixed

Guest Rust Buddy

Hey faatal

What about breaking blocks? Can zombies break blocks or hatches above them or below them? In the past they stood too close to fences so that their swings never hit and they get stuck. Any work done on having them stand back a bit when breaking blocks? These are things I would suggest as a Rust Buddy.

Greetings all. It’s been a while since I’ve been on, so this may have been asked already.

The video on the new house/mini bases was great. But I was wondering if consideration could be given to battery banks and generators being found in places like a prison or some other high security location. I often see lights on in a town or large building and wonder just how the lights are kept on.

If there was such a loot find in mind, that would be cool. Of course located in a vault or some such area. On its last legs or running on fumes. Maybe a higher than normal difficulty monster guarding the door. Which would also explain why it’s still there.

I’m thinking something like this might already be in the works with bandits being planned. Say in the bandits base? Somewhere in the quests/missions maybe?

Once again, just spitballing...

Obuthan

Greetings all. It’s been a while since I’ve been on, so this may have been asked already.

The video on the new house/mini bases was great. But I was wondering if consideration could be given to battery banks and generators being found in places like a prison or some other high security location. I often see lights on in a town or large building and wonder just how the lights are kept on.

If there was such a loot find in mind, that would be cool. Of course located in a vault or some such area. On its last legs or running on fumes. Maybe a higher than normal difficulty monster guarding the door. Which would also explain why it’s still there.

I’m thinking something like this might already be in the works with bandits being planned. Say in the bandits base? Somewhere in the quests/missions maybe?

Once again, just spitballing...

Obuthan

Great Idea. That would explain a lot and if the player is allowed once again to (move) these.

That would be even better.

Could find them in the basement of hotels or any place that still has some of it's lights on.

Great Idea. That would explain a lot and if the player is allowed once again to (move) these.

That would be even better.

Could find them in the basement of hotels or any place that still has some of it's lights on.

The problem with being able move mid-to-late game machinery is that a player can have a fully stocked base within the first week. A better option is for the player to be able to dismantle it with a wrench to get some resources, that way they can only rebuild it if they have the required perks.

Just because you can take something apart doesn't mean you can put it back together.

The problem with being able move mid-to-late game machinery is that a player can have a fully stocked base within the first week. A better option is for the player to be able to dismantle it with a wrench to get some resources, that way they can only rebuild it if they have the required perks.

Just because you can take something apart doesn't mean you can put it back together.

Had a friend tell me the other day that I was wasting my land claim block by putting it in my base. He said he saves his for when he finds a chemistry station in a POI, then he uses it to steal the chem station and bring it back to his base.

Had a friend tell me the other day that I was wasting my land claim block by putting it in my base. He said he saves his for when he finds a chemistry station in a POI, then he uses it to steal the chem station and bring it back to his base.

I have a feeling that's more of a bug than a feature.

Archived