Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Anyone up for a game of Gore: Ultimate Soldier? I heard the people that made it were insane and added chainsaw wielding skeletons.

Seriously though if the bandits could chainsaws as melee weapons it'd be pretty scary, like that one movie.

My point is, I'd rather be active than to sit through a cutscene.

well your missing my point. your crouched next to your sleeping bag not moving or you get too far from your bag, and you call that active? your not actually doing anything except crouching near a sleeping bag.

i disagree. sleeping is viable if you limit the time taken to sleep is drastically reduced. it doesn't need to be hyper realistic. just something for the longer you sleep the less tired you are and the longer you can go. the quicker wounds heal etc. and it would be as long as you want it to be and can disengage at any time.

Goodbye spam-crafting. HELLO, spam-resting. :miserable:

No, it's yours. lol

Just kidding. But really, I was working on some fiction about 7D2D. Posted it in Off topic.

Haha silly.

----updated----

well your missing my point. your crouched next to your sleeping bag not moving or you get too far from your bag, and you call that active? your not actually doing anything except crouching near a sleeping bag.

See, you're thinking I'm not doing anything, when my sleeping bag would be strategically placed near my forge and crafting stations. I understand what you mean. Points for everyone =)

See, you're thinking I'm not doing anything, when my sleeping bag would be strategically placed near my forge and crafting stations. I understand what you mean. Points for everyone =)

but doing actions defeats the purpose of "resting" so it shouldn't actually activate if your doing actions.

- - - Updated - - -

Goodbye spam-crafting. HELLO, spam-resting. :miserable:

how the hell do you spam resting? like what does that even mean? or entail? i'm going to sleep you to death?

maybe you can only rest one time a day if your that worried about a canned meat sleeping in your bed. :jaded:

Spam: doing it a lot repeatedly

Not

Spam: canned meat

yes......roland.....i was perfectly aware of that..............hence the funny i made.........i made a funny..........you humorless person

- - - Updated - - -

my funny was wondering what grieving you could possibly do spam sleeping

...and I say this with as much respect as humanly possible...

Sleeping in a game? Really? Why. Just... why. I'm not even going to punctuate that question properly because it falls so far out of the realm of reasoning...

I sleep at home; in a game, I want to play. Sleep adds ZERO value add, and would be even MORE boring (if it's possible) than those first few nights when you're hunkered in an attic with nothing to do at night (thanks to leveled everything!).

Kill sleep. Kill the idea. Kill the essence. Purge whatever part of your brain thinks that it would be a cool thing to add... because it would not.

...now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go take a nap.

B-b-but we "need" to do something about powerlevelling. Introducing the need to sleep would

help force the players to slow down their levelling and make sure they are not a higher

level at day 7 and 14 then intended...:smile-new:

giphy.gif

Then the real question is: who is the person talking to "Bad hair day madmole"??

Was it me sleep talking again? My wife says she talks to me when I sleep sometimes and I am 100% honest!

Or is Roland actually "Mister Big" and calls the shots while pretending to be a lowly mod?

B-b-but we "need" to do something about powerlevelling. Introducing the need to sleep would

help force the players to slow down their levelling and make sure they are not a higher

I don't think it really matters. Horde night throws a level-appropriate horde at you, not a day-appropriate horde. The only thing that sucks is if you're low level and you run with high level friends, they attract a horde that you may not be able to handle.

Simulate sleeping from 0400 to 0405 every night and THAT is when you:

-Get exp from the day with a max of one level gained per day!

-Heal from broken bones and restore your health.

I was looking through the asset files and dlls. I found sleeping was already implemented.

Hit esc, click on quit game.

...who knew.

I think you got sleeping confused with quitting. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

I hope we can see another video soon. Love to see what's next with this game. :)

Archived