Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Will there be a pair of binoculars to use in alpha 17?

i second this..... if not binocs, maybe we can use scopes by themselves? ive gotten sniper scopes on like day 5, but not the actual rifle until like day 50 lol. with the addition of gun mods, im pretty sure scopes are gonna be more common.

also, what about implementing a need for sleeping? in a game about realism, this seems to be highly overlooked. after 48 hours of going without sleep, stamina drain increases dramatically, as does thirst and hunger..... maybe lower accuracy with ranged weapons, vision impairment, slowed reaction time, temporary reduction in health/stam caps? just a few ideas. cant sleep anywhere that doesnt have a bed/bedroll, needs to be within land claim radius, unable to sleep on horde nights, remaining vulnerable to detection if ur not well hidden (so leaving the forge on would still attract zombies to u). im NOT suggesting a time lapse event.... not cutaways to day time with a "6 hours later" disclaimer to tell us time has progressed (like dying light does). sleeping an in-game hour would replenish a decent amount of a "sleep deprivation meter" or something.

im not saying this would be the best direction to take on the subject, just throwing ideas out there. it always kinda bugged me how u can survive 1000 days without ever getting any sleep lol

i second this..... if not binocs, maybe we can use scopes by themselves? ive gotten sniper scopes on like day 5, but not the actual rifle until like day 50 lol. with the addition of gun mods, im pretty sure scopes are gonna be more common.

I remember in older alphas the player was allowed to use scopes even if they weren't attached to any sniper rifles. Never realised that got removed...

I remember in older alphas the player was allowed to use scopes even if they weren't attached to any sniper rifles. Never realised that got removed...

nope.... didnt play this until it came out for console. bought it for ps4 and fell in love with the game. it was just too buggy for console so i returned it, bought a steam card, and got 2 copies- 1 for myself, 1 for my brother lol

now i feel stupid.... scopes arent even in the game..... coulda sworn they were..... sniper parts, receiver, barrel--- no scope listed. just checked.

Why was the Hawaiian guy taken out, and then put back in, in A16???

TFP works in mysterious ways ;)

Because the original one was an asset they bought from the unity store, while the one we have now is the same one completely redone by TFP themselfes and with a higher quality. ;)

also, what about implementing a need for sleeping?

Sorry that I have to torpedize your idea, but this game has multiplayer. If you need to sleep and someone else does not, you would have to stare at the screen for 20 minutes realtime while your toon is sleeping.

Sorry that I have to torpedize your idea, but this game has multiplayer. If you need to sleep and someone else does not, you would have to stare at the screen for 20 minutes realtime while your toon is sleeping.

How about fixed 5 Minutes you need to sleep ?

The right time to get a coffee or go pee in RL.

There is no need that the ingametime is = Sleeptime

Maybe with a option to enter the skillpage during that 5 minutes if the player dont like 5 minutes outtime all 1-2 real hours

exactly. no needed sleeping in this game.

- - - Updated - - -

How about fixed 5 Minutes you need to sleep ?

The right time to get a coffee or go pee.

There is no need that the ingametime is = Sleeptime

Maybe with a option to enter the skillpage during that 5 minutes if the player dont like 5 minutes outtime all 1-2 real hours

and during those 5 min a wandering hoard attacks, or another play goes after your base or ... na I think it would be best not to have sleeping.

i get that, but at 60-min in-game days, an hr takes what, 2.5 mins? maybe making the skill tree only available during sleep would make it more reasonable? seems like the perfect bathroom/smoke break excuse lol. again, not saying that its the right way to go, just putting the idea out there.

didnt see deluxe's post..... beat me to it

and during those 5 min a wandering hoard attacks, or another play goes after your base or ... na I think it would be best not to have sleeping.

Exact this is the funny part, to sleep IS dangerous, still we human need it.

Btw other players dont know when you will sleep.

Maybe with a wake up function if a alarm sirene is triggered. What would give the alarm a real benefit.

(If you away to grab a coffee maybe you need to adjust the sound volume ^^)

Exact this is the funny part, to sleep IS dangerous, still we human need it.

Btw other players dont know when you will sleep.

Maybe with a wake up function if a alarm sirene is triggered. What would give the alarm a real benefit.

(If you away to grab a coffee maybe you need to adjust the sound volume ^^)

How about people who want a sleep option just assume that they are sleeping when they go for the coffee or pee break. It is practically the same, your toon is doing nothing, sees and hears nothing and is dead if someone surprises him at that time. :02.47-tranquillity:

Now to make it a regular necessity you (the player) just have to drink a lot.

What would sleeping add to the game, really?

And if there's no time compression - you're suggesting that part of the regular gameplay is to stop playing. If I need a break, I hit Esc and walk away, or let my character craft in the safety of his base.

And if there's no time compression - you're suggesting that part of the regular gameplay is to stop playing. If I need a break, I hit Esc and walk away, or let my character craft in the safety of his base.

asking what sleep would add to the game is like asking what hunger or thirst added to the game-- its another way to add difficulty, increased realism, and another variable to take into account when exploring/raiding/building.

as for hitting esc, that doesnt work in MP games. im not suggesting to make it so u stop playing outright when sleeping- hence the reason i mentioned making the skill tree only accessible during sleep. i wouldnt lock out the map either, but ur char shouldnt be able to craft in his sleep (workstations not included since they work without u being present anyways).

again, just throwin ideas out there. glad to have all this feedback guys. constructive criticism does nothing but help improve the game for us all!

Addin snoring option to attract zeds and make your base eaten to the bones while you`re asleep would be fun.

Sleeping will just surpress our progression. At some point with many weeks, so it becomes pointless.

Escape doesn't work in single player now either, does it?

you can pause with esc like you had always do

what about implementing a need for sleeping? in a game about realism,

were you get the idea that the game is about realism?

you can carry 10k tons of concrete in your backpack, and you can stay awake 1000 days

some mods had implemented sleep mechanics, but i found it annoiyng

asking what sleep would add to the game is like asking what hunger or thirst added to the game-- its another way to add difficulty, increased realism, and another variable to take into account when exploring/raiding/building.

as for hitting esc, that doesnt work in MP games. im not suggesting to make it so u stop playing outright when sleeping- hence the reason i mentioned making the skill tree only accessible during sleep. i wouldnt lock out the map either, but ur char shouldnt be able to craft in his sleep (workstations not included since they work without u being present anyways).

again, just throwin ideas out there. glad to have all this feedback guys. constructive criticism does nothing but help improve the game for us all!

Hunger and food add a need to go out and scavenge. Sleep just adds the need to sit around and wait for a period of time while making it the only time you can lvl up would give you something to do(oblivion much) it limits when you can look at or improve you skills.

Also don't take my comments as an attack I am just trying to give my personal feed back.

Normally I'm all for extra realism but in the case of sleeping or resting as a game mechanic I don't think it would be a good idea without the ability to skip time.

Given how much coffee my characters tend to mainline staying awake for three months straight is not beyond the realm of possibility :-)

Also don't take my comments as an attack I am just trying to give my personal feed back.

lol nah.... im pretty thick skinned-- and theres a big difference between saying "no, ur an idiot" and "i disagree, heres why"

and im not saying to remove the skill tab entirely when not sleeping, just making it so you cant place skill points when ur awake. it gives ya something to do while ur toon sleeps (completely agree with ya on this). not saying sleep will ever be implemented, but maybe make it an option when creating the game? kinda like the zombie run/walk option. some people want runners, some want walkers, some like it mixed.

also, when u get far enough into the game, scavenging for food is nearly pointless if u can farm in/on ur base.

I'll bow to your experience on that one. If I started making bullet casings in Britain it's quite likely that I'd get a knock on the door from some heavily-armed and very angry policemen. They don't like us playing with anything more dangerous than blancmange, given how often we try to burn down London I can't really blame them. :-)

My grandmother is from England and used to visit her homeland when she was younger.

She told me of how it was like then. That the bobbies police did not even carry guns, that hunters would leave there weapons locked up with them until hunting season.

So I want to ask you respectfully. What the hell is going on there? Why, how did it all change?

you can carry 10k tons of concrete in your backpack, and you can stay awake 1000 days

some mods had implemented sleep mechanics, but i found it annoiyng

very friggen true on the weight thing.... no idea how to deal with that without adding elder scrolls-like encumbrance. and sleep mechanics would eliminate the whole 1000 days awake thing. ur right.... game isnt exactly about realism i mean.... its a zombie game. it is, however, closer to being realistic than most others.

Archived