Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

helicopter is a placeholder in case faatal is able to do an actual helicopter. (he expressed interest in it)

animal boss grace is a placeholder for an animal boss entity coming soon.

Jokebump is actually jokeblimp and is a placeholder in case faatal is able to do an actual airship. (al expressed interest in it)

those are my...uh...guesses.

omg... Omg omg omg omg omg!!! :loyal:

Helicopter is a placeholder in case faatal is able to do an actual helicopter. (he expressed interest in it)

Animal Boss Grace is a placeholder for an animal boss entity coming soon.

Jokebump is actually Jokeblimp and is a placeholder in case faatal is able to do an actual airship. (Al expressed interest in it)

Those are my...uh...guesses.

Pretty much.

Those vehicles are long term projects, so don't expect in A17.

It has already been established that not every single feature that they plan for the game will be released before launch. Some features will be released after launch and since they will not be driving to your house and programming it into your computer the only way for you to get the rest of the features of the game is through downloadable content. So why exactly shouldn't he mention it when it will be the way the game continues to progress after gold release?

Its how small game companies survive.

I'm getting ready to drop $20 for Paradox's game DLC: "Stellaris 2.0 Apocolypse". They know most people don't play strategy games and just have a smallish group of players. Everyone is just OK with what they have to do to survive as a company.

Bashing some brains and shooting arrows never looked so satisfying in the game, nice job.

It's not just the reload animation.

The more interesting part is that attack animations got the same treatment so you can change attack/firing speed and sounds and hit detection will still trigger at the right point of the animation.

An automatic weapon would then have the right timing on the dakka which was not possible before.

I see nothing wrong with both types. Free DLC for stuff they wanted in the original but just had to put off and paid DLC for entirely new things. A new static map like Navezgane with an entire new storyline and set of quests? I'd pay for that.

Also, if I was TFP I would put out a DLC right now with a bigger backpack and sell it for 99.99 just to troll people. Of course there is a reason I'm not a businessman.

This game has already gone leaps ad bounds beyond what the Kickstarter promised in graphics, gameplay, and modability so I fail to see how anyone could construct a big bad DLC scarecrow from this.

This is EA, not EA.

Can we get a red bar that depletes as we get closer to A17 experimental? Kinda like a ♥♥♥♥ty doomsday clock.

Only if it's okay to randomise it every day.

Well, he was absolutely right! This game leads straight to hell. Or where do you think you are going when you shoot human beings in the hundreds? Just because they have some customs you find alien and they don't conform to your narrow morale codex. Lets face it, you are a petty bourgeois who just can't handle the free-spirited nomads of 7D2D. :smile-new:

But, I wear pants. Now me needs new identity ;-)

Check out improved combat and terrain!

Sweet. Thanks for the video!

My little breakdown of what was shown.

Reload buff: nice.

Power attacks: nice.

Sticking arrows: nice. Now we can shoot bandits in the knee!

New terrain: okay.. Don't know what you wanted to show there

DLC: hell no. What the. You haven't even finished Alpha yet.

So.... How about 'em bandits? And the AI improvements? Anything done on there?

I wouldn't have any problems with DLC AFTER release , which I am pretty sure , is what he meant...unlike certain other massive cash grabs in unfinished games...<cough> ark <cough> or air drop loot crates in H1zzzzzz before it was even officially released...

Yeah I do not get the cash grab vibe here...

The more interesting part is that attack animations got the same treatment so you can change attack/firing speed and sounds and hit detection will still trigger at the right point of the animation.

Will there be a perk to increase melee attack speed as well?

Archived