Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I think you might be either trolling, or severly underestimating these featues:

- POI Overhaul: New Textures, new Blocks, new Dungeon System with Minibosses: This will be amazing for Immersion, Challenge and Variety. And who says they dont add POIs too? Of course they are!

- The Hog is a Beast of an Machine and with the new Mod System it will get Attachments that will alter its stats or add Features too it. Besides the whole Vehicle System got an promising Overhaul.

- Weapon Mods: As allready discussed on prior pages: The Potential this new System adds is stunning. Not only Firerate or Clip-Size but all kind of stats can and will be altered with Mods of varying Quality that you need to find, trade or fight for. and as far as i understood, the Mod System can and will be applied to gear too.

- Those 3 combined are as cool as one can wish. Together with the new Animations and the new AI ( Bandits, NPCs, Factions ) it will add to an amazing new world in 7 Days to Die.

This.

And if I understand correctly, your personal stats and skills will also effect, and be effected, by modifications.

I think you might be either trolling, or severly underestimating these featues:

Don't think he is trolling. The POI overhaul is far from universally liked because of its single rail dungeon design. And it is not clear how many NEW buildings will appear, the overhaul of old buildings does not change the total at all

The weapon and bike mods **in vanilla** are constrained by the desire of TFP to have a mostly realistic setting. Personally I think the weapon mods will not really add "exiting" features in vanilla but still change game play with guns quite a bit. Roland hinted at it already, your PC's stats and weapon stats will have more influence on your chance to hit, your personal skill with the mouse less. As a result you might need specific perks or mods to use some weapons effectively just like it is with steel tools now.

New vehicles will be liked by players with a fetish for running over zombies but mostly it will make the hunt for good vehicles more interesting (not just "get the minibike and you are finished"). And it will provide a little fun throwing around zombies. In other words it could be seen as merely polishing an existing feature. Or it could be seen as adding a complete optimization game similar to weapons to what was once a one-dimensional necessity that just separated early game from the rest of the game.

Probably just a matter of either:

A.) People don't notice because it's been the status quo forever.

or

B.) People know it's exploitative and want to keep it hush hush so they can continue to receive their ill-gotten gains.

There's option C, which is pretty much people don't think of it as game breaking and just /shrug it away. It's a virtual world so there are no laws of physics to break. :p

Or maybe only people with lots of Neanderthal blood in them survived to this point and knuckle dragging is a real thing. Let us not consider moose knuckle dragging.

I think you need to work more at the human movement ... That's how you did the movement of the weapon in all the parts so it should move the whole body,

You mean something like adding an animation blend-tree?

MadMole should do a recap video for all of the people who got a copy of the game for Christmas.

I think you might like "With a Single Spell". The character development was so good I really felt for the hero. Kinda like Pug in Raymond Feist's "Magician".

Thanks for this, I'll check it out for sure. You clearly get why Feist is my favorite author. =)

and Niven, Clarke, Herbert, McCaffery,Adams,Prachett,Zelazny,LeGuin,Moorcock..... someone said Donaldson. i read the whole Thomas Covenant series.... i cant tell you why, i tried to stop several times but a stubborn streak said that i had started it and i will damn well finish it.... the most depressing books EVER!!! after that i had to re read Asimov and some EE Doc Smith to feel clean again...lol

Donaldson... I read the Thomas Covenant series about 20 or so years ago and it was the exact same for me. I couldn't stop, and yet, so depressing... When I was done, I felt... terrible. ;)

Mining was equally "realistic" at one point.

Build a frame to climb on, mine 1 or 2 blocks. Build the next frame.

Now the "tool" range is 4m. Technically ridiculous but it works...

In a related story, I love that I can use the paintbrush to paint far away blocks without having to build wood frame scaffolding. Realistic? No. Does it provide some kind of "unfair" advantage in MP? No. Does it affect anything in any meaningful way? No.

Would making it so you can only paint an immediately adjacent block improve gameplay? HELL NO.

Thanks for this, I'll check it out for sure. You clearly get why Feist is my favorite author. =)

Donaldson... I read the Thomas Covenant series about 20 or so years ago and it was the exact same for me. I couldn't stop, and yet, so depressing... When I was done, I felt... terrible. ;)

Dammit. Now I'm gonna have to dust them off and read them again. Been lugging those books around for 20 years without opening them again but couldn't ever get around to sending them to the thrift shop when just about everything else has gone. Also Mordant's Need, his follow up, which I still have in hard back. Am either going to need therapy or read all 40 odd Discworld novels afterwards to cheer me up. Sigh.

In a related story, I love that I can use the paintbrush to paint far away blocks without having to build wood frame scaffolding. Realistic? No. Does it provide some kind of "unfair" advantage in MP? No. Does it affect anything in any meaningful way? No.

Would making it so you can only paint an immediately adjacent block improve gameplay? HELL NO.

I am actually almost brilliant at distant painting ir. At least only me thinks so.

Glad that someone says it. It is convinient, but i think must be made a bit closer . But would be cool to repaint someone`s building , like in pink. From the nearest building.

Guys, I've been watching this topic for a few weeks but didn't see a few things (mostly QoL changes).. do u have news about those?

1 - allow to input 4-5 digits as the quantity to craft.

2 - allow to split stacks by any input number and not just by half

3 - Common bug fixes (traders disappearing, shaking hands / weapons out of position, minibikes getting stuck, etc)

Thanks

Guys, I've been watching this topic for a few weeks but didn't see a few things (mostly QoL changes).. do u have news about those?

1 - allow to input 4-5 digits as the quantity to craft.

2 - allow to split stacks by any input number and not just by half

3 - Common bug fixes (traders disappearing, shaking hands / weapons out of position, minibikes getting stuck, etc)

Thanks

Check the first post of the dev diary, that's all of the information we have.

Roland is extra ♥♥♥♥ about adding them to the front page.

Because Guppycur is extra ♥♥♥♥ about letting me know if I don’t. :)

Those are pretty hot topic quality of life fixes that quite a lot of people would enjoy. If those get confirmed by Madmole and I don’t add them within an hour I guarantee you that the next 20 posts will be a mixture of scolding me to update and to clean out my inbox.....

Those are pretty hot topic quality of life fixes that quite a lot of people would enjoy. If those get confirmed by Madmole and I don’t add them within an hour I guarantee you that the next 20 posts will be a mixture of scolding me to update and to clean out my inbox.....

You'll get scolded anyway. No good deed goes unpunished and all that. :p

C'mon, admit it. You think of the scoldings as being one of the perks of being a mod.

Hello!

i have been playing 7DTD since A14 And still play strong! love every bit (or almost) (i find a bit silly get get heat for jumping, and i sometimes go into jumping sprees here and there)

so, heres a question, albeit could be small or insignificant

Why isnt there rice/beans as a food? rice/beans is one of the main staples of food of humankind, just as important as corn (wheat!?) i just find odd that there isnt any as a food consumption, either canned in a dish or as a seed to cook

I know its just silly, but for some reason it hasnt stopped bothering me, theres so many dishes that need rice/beans/wheat or could be used for other situations; it could help a lot to have such... not to mention cooking oil or other vegetables, (im thinking lettuces, tomatoes, and some others more, including lemons/oranges/apples and even.. dare i?? salt? smoking meat is survival 101 in many areas in order to preserve food).

I sincerely hope madmole would give it a tought to implement some extra dishes in our post-apocalypse dietary options

Thank you!

Archived