Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Sorry for my ignorance but what is a health voxel?

You can build health bars of any shape out of health voxels. And destroy them again with an axe.

But you might also be interested in a definition of 'Maharin':

A mysterious figure frequenting forums employing satire and mockery to amuse and confuse. :smile-new:

You can build health bars of any shape out of health voxels. And destroy them again with an axe.

But you might also be interested in a definition of 'Maharin':

A mysterious figure frequenting forums employing satire and mockery to amuse and confuse. :smile-new:

There it is. I'm busted.

M16 is the full auto military version of the AR-15 . AR-15 is only semi auto and is the civilian version.... so the same rifle. now they need to kick the sniper rifle up to something real like a McMillan Tac-50 rifle http://www.smh.com.au/world/canadian-sniper-shatters-world-record-for-the-longest-confirmed-kill-in-history-20170622-gwwtaz.html

Any M16 you find will most certainly not be full auto. The M16 adopted by the military up until recently is the M16A2 and M16A4 which is a semi-auto rifle with a 3 round burst selection that almost never gets touched. They now use the M4 but still is semi-auto.

The main difference between the M16 and the AR-15 is the lack of the 3 round burst option among some other details.

(I know there are auto variants of the M16, but none of them are standard issue for any military branch that I'm aware of in the US)

Gun laws (or the lack of any) in Arizona are some of the wildest in the country. So, I have no doubt that you could find ANY kind of weapon (including some types of rocket launchers) there.

Being a resident of Arizona, I can confirm this is true. There's practically a modded AR-15 in every house. Except mine cuz I'm broke. I do have friends that are firearm collectors. One has a nice collection of fully autos like an Uzi, Mac 10, modded Glock, and a few modded AR-15.

Welcome to the 7daystodie forum and be warned anything can happen here.

1. development of new ideas and restructure is not a waste of development... regardless if we like or dislike something (the game is not out of development yet and anything can be added or taken out).

2. "Nobody wants game turn into some Fallout based RPG"? betcha there are a lot of people here who may want just such a thing. it can be asked and you can see by the threads here that 50 different people will want 50 different styles/variations of the game.

3. Heads Up... things can change but MM said in one of his recent videos that the car is a place holder as the 4WD is a truck/SUV type vehicle not a car... (but i said things can change).

enjoy your stay. :)

You can count me in on that one. I'm a sucker for quests, things like that provide actual value to the game. Hopefully they can make it work well in RandomGen.

Edit

Actually, now that I read your post correctly, you mean a device like the NVG, not the NVG themselves.

The point still stands though. Why not just allow players to turn it off in the XMLs if they want instead of adding a whole new item to the game? It really is the easiest and most effective solution.

You're assuming that everyone can mod the XMLs as easily as they pick the what they want to wear. Do I wear the jeans or the red shorts, the short sleeve shirt or the flannel one? I don't know how to change the XMLs. I have a son who can do that for me, but there are plenty of players who don't know how to do that. Heck, my hubby can't figure out how to use the mouse, or go from one page to the next. He won't touch the computer unless I am with him and can help him. Have a friend whose husband see computer as evil, someone will steal all their money, their identity. (Shaking head at silliness)

Point is, not everyone understands how to do modding in games and feels comfortable in doing so.

You're assuming that everyone can mod the XMLs as easily as they pick the what they want to wear. Do I wear the jeans or the red shorts, the short sleeve shirt or the flannel one? I don't know how to change the XMLs. I have a son who can do that for me, but there are plenty of players who don't know how to do that. Heck, my hubby can't figure out how to use the mouse, or go from one page to the next. He won't touch the computer unless I am with him and can help him. Have a friend whose husband see computer as evil, someone will steal all their money, their identity. (Shaking head at silliness)

Point is, not everyone understands how to do modding in games and feels comfortable in doing so.

The thing is, the optimal solution would be for TFP to implement an option to turn it off in the game's menu, but they stopped adding options as such a long time ago because they can't add menu options for everything and because they have a certain pov on how they want their game to be played.

Therefore, those who don't agree with them and want to play the game their own way have the option to edit the game's files and change whatever they want. Not everyone knows how to mod, that's true. It's not too complicated and there's plenty of guides and tutorials, that's true as well. But the point remains, if they're not gonna remove healthbars and they're also not going to include menu options to turn it off, then at least being able to turn it off through modding should be an option.

It's way easier than adding items or other mechanics to try and find a happy balance between those who like it and those who don't.

The question should be what is the most common type of weapon to find in a house in Nevada. The most common weapon is unlikely to be the best, just the best you can buy with a reasonable amount of cash.

"They're looking for a guy with a beard, AK-47 and a camo coat. That describes most of the men in Alabama."

- Rich Hall on the panel show QI

Yeah, but the game is based in Arizona :) For the person who asked where the game is based. Navzegame county, in the state of Arizona in the United States. Where you can find just about any gun you want, legal or illegal, for a price. We only have four rifles and three pistols in our house, Live in Ohio so most just have rifles for hunting in this area.

Yeah, but the game is based in Arizona :) For the person who asked where the game is based. Navzegame county, in the state of Arizona in the United States. Where you can find just about any gun you want, legal or illegal, for a price. We only have four rifles and three pistols in our house, Live in Ohio so most just have rifles for hunting in this area.

My bad, cheers for the correction. I was only a couple of inches out... if you stand at the right place on the border. :-)

I'm from Michigan and most of the people here have guns, too. Personally I have 3 pistols (.22, .40, and a 9mm), a 20 gauge shotgun, and a .22 rifle. Some day I'll be getting me a real rifle but that probably won't be for a few more years.

in MT..

I have 2 friends that own assault rifles, not AK47 though. Personally, I own 3 guns. Ohio, Michigan and Arizona are lightweights for gun ownership based on % of population.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/health/interactives/guns/ownership.html

More importantly though with other factors, will you survive the coming zombie apocalypse in your state?

original.jpg

in MT..

I have 2 friends that own assault rifles, not AK47 though. Personally, I own 3 guns. Ohio, Michigan and Arizona are lightweights for gun ownership based on % of population.

More importantly though with other factors, will you survive the coming zombie apocalypse in your state?

It's mere speculation. Only 200K were surveyed and if someone asked me if I have guns in the house, sure as hell not going to answer them.

in MT..

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/health/interactives/guns/ownership.html

"Pifff!"

In Arizona, you don't even have to register a firearm, so who is going to know how many gun owners there are??

I pity the zombie that steps foot in some states.

"Oh! You want to eat something?? EAT THIS!! **Blam! Blam! Rat-tat-tat!** :)

Well... Maybe your concern will be heeded, or you may get used to it.

It could also be, that it's needed for, as yet, revealed content. (Here's hoping).

Power armour you say...

I wonder if this is really real, or if it's a famous Roland troll.

You trickster, you :)

I may get used to it but it will be like getting used to a constant pain or getting used to a bug flying around, you're used to it yes, but you still feel better after it's gone. Also I don't care if it's required i'll find a work around after I remove it.

Archived