Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Ships falling apart

I just started playing a new game V-240B, the latest non-experimental version.

I want to a dock and to my surprise, I found some ships sitting at the dock. I got onboard and found that the vessel was both free floating and immobile. So it was more like a floating platform made to look like a ship.

I found a oil drum of gas on this ship and I took it.

Well ladies and gentlemen, when I did that, all hell broke lose on the ship. It literally fell apart on me. I was at the back of the ship and looked just time to see what I heard, that the ship was breaking down. I jumped off of it onto the dock and watch the whole ship completely fall apart and drop into the water, leavening a hole in the water were the ship was.

I was playing the Navezgane map at the fishery near Trader Joes. Incase anyone was interested in testing this.

Has anyone had this happen to them? Has it been reported already?

If not I can make the report.

(edit added comment by QA Tester-unholyjoe)

yes the ships have known issues and already reported

Thanks. :)

The past few days, everytime I've tried to join my server, the name, world, and max players change to an 883XXX number. Also most of the settings in the various tabs change to an 883XXX number as well.

Didn't see it on the known issues or 17.1 B8 patch notes. Is this not an issue for anybody else?

Edit: Haven't been able to join for over 10 minutes now.

Does anyone else think that the gap between being able to make forge steel (lvl 40) and the ability to make steel tools (lvl 70) is too large?

Yea, but on the "bright" side you can use forge steel to repair steel tools (if found) till available to craft them.

Does anyone else think that the gap between being able to make forge steel (lvl 40) and the ability to make steel tools (lvl 70) is too large?

Not really. Levelling is pretty fast at those levels , and it is somewhat nice to have a little

goal to work towards.

The past few days, everytime I've tried to join my server, the name, world, and max players change to an 883XXX number. Also most of the settings in the various tabs change to an 883XXX number as well.

Didn't see it on the known issues or 17.1 B8 patch notes. Is this not an issue for anybody else?

Edit: Haven't been able to join for over 10 minutes now.

I haven’t been able to find my server in the public list even though it is public and can connect via ip/port. I want to blame my host but the logs are clean and show it connected as public with steam ID

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone knows of a TFP resource that will help figure out why a public server that is accessible won’t show in public list please let me know.

I just wanted to say that exploring the new Navezgane map is like seeing an almost new map of the game. I keep thinking to see all the old stuff but I keep having (what the heck?!?) moments. When I see all the new stuff that was added to the game. This new map is full of surprises and it a lot of fun to see.

New roads, places and effects added really stand out in the game. I look forward to seeing what other stuff will be added. But in the mean time I am going to be busy seeing what's new in this Alpha! :)

I just wanted to say that exploring the new Navezgane map is like seeing an almost new map of the game. I keep thinking to see all the old stuff but I keep having (what the heck?!?) moments. When I see all the new stuff that was added to the game. This new map is full of surprises and it a lot of fun to see.

New roads, places and effects added really stand out in the game. I look forward to seeing what other stuff will be added. But in the mean time I am going to be busy seeing what's new in this Alpha! :)

Me as well. The only disappointment was the loss of a favorite base for the early game. Oh well. Now there are new ones.

I doubt there will be a 17.1 stable. The code is already beyond the 17.1 state, it's more likely that the next stable will be 17.2/3.

Normally I'd say don't rush the stable build but even a hotfix for RWG would be a good idea at the moment.

I second a RWG only hot-fix - I run a top 10 pvp server and I'm itching for a reason to wipe. RWG is about the only one I can sell.

I had to stay home with the sick kid while my wife went out to loot (work). Since I'm the one home, I have to cook dinner tonight. I really should have perked into Master Chef...

So, ever since staying home with the sick kid, I've been "feeling something coming on." Is it a bug that my status hasn't updated?

Alpha 17.1 exp b9 patch notes:

- Added: When the PLY option is checked in the F3 debug screen, the cvar window with a new search box will be displayed on your right hand side. Ideal for searching xp related cvars.

- Fixes: Terrain decoration like trees and resource rocks would sometimes not be placed

Looks like TFP is very happy with 17.1 exp balance feedback from us and they are working on major things, hope they fix RWG and make AI less exploitable in blood moons soon.

Time to get an updated 7d2d roadmap for short/med/long term? no dates ofc :smile-new:

Alpha 17.1 exp b9 patch notes:

Looks like TFP is very happy with 17.1 exp balance feedback from us and they are working on major things, hope they fix RWG and make AI less exploitable in blood moons soon.

Time to get an updated 7d2d roadmap for short/med/long term? no dates ofc :smile-new:

I don't understand why they bother to release b9. but whatever, love to see RWG fixed..

Archived