Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Has anyone else tried to pick up a forge yet? I can't get this to work.

Yes, it is a forge I built myself, and yes, it is in my land claim area (it's right next to a LCB in fact).

In A16 you could pick it up by holding the E key. Has that changed now, or is this a bug?

Just a guess, check if it is damaged, or the claim block active.

not seeing issue on my p2p game..

https://youtu.be/ykTsrGhlS-8

Thanks for the quick reply. Since it is working for you, I went back into the game and tried again.

In fact, it turns out the land claim block I placed has somehow become inactive.

I have no idea why, it's the one I started with and the only one I have ever placed. To be certain I looked on my map and there is no other LCB active.

I'm playing single-player in Nav FWIW.

Is this a new bug? A known issue? Or am I missing something, and there could be some other reason it became inactive?

(edit added comment by QA Tester-unholyjoe)

if you can run a new nav map and record this... then make a bug report in the a17b240 stable report section. there was an issue similar to this but was fixed.. so if you get it again try to catch it on video and do supply an uncut output log.

i can only get an inactive lcb if i place another down which is by design.. but you said no more was placed down and you are on sp, so if its back or you did something different we need to know this.

EDIT (reply): I'll see what I can do, but I'm guessing reproducing this will be a chore. I'm already pretty advanced in the game, and I have no idea when the LCB actually became inactive, or under what circumstances.

I'll give it a shot in creative mode, but if that doesn't work, I'd probably need to encounter it again in a "real" game, and who knows if/when it will happen again.

Just saying, don't hold your breath. :(

As it is, all that is happening in my game is that I can't pick up the forge. I can make another so it's not game-breaking.

EDIT 2:

I will try to repeat this as well, as it just happened to me on B240 today. Only one LCB. Gone from map, shows as inactive, and my bed roll was no longer active either (at least on the map).

After I read that, I went back into the game again, and realized my bed roll was no longer active either. I'm guessing it's related? In any case, the bed roll was easy to fix - I just picked it up and placed it again and it's active now.

please help!

I clarify that I do not speak English, and that the game is translated very little to not say anything to Spanish, the skills and the missions act by instinct, but there are things that I no longer understand, and how it changes and changes the skills and way of unlocking things , my question is the following if you can help me please

How do I make wrought iron tools? I have already released the forge but I can not make wrought iron tools! please help!

My suggestion to the developers (after a helping of ketchup) is to simply add a sixth attribute:

Entitlement

Tier 1-2: Gain 10 additional skill points

Tier 3-4: Gain 15 additional skill points

Tier 5-7: Gain 20 additional skill points

Tier 8-9: Gain 25 additional skill points

Tier 10: Gain 40 additional skill points

Entitlement Perks

I Want It Now!

Tier 1: 100% of zombies drop loot upon death

Tier 2: Zombie loot increased to 400%

I Hate Hard Choices!

Tier 1: All Perks are reduced to one tier in which all benefits of the previous tiers are attained.

Stop Forcing Me!

Tier 1: Passive xp gains are increased by 200%

Tier 2: Crafting xp gains increase over time instead of diminish over time.

Tier 3: Zombies return to spinning in circles below the player, can’t dig, and only do 10% normal damage to blocks.

/joking around unprofessionally since 1969

please help!

I clarify that I do not speak English, and that the game is translated very little to not say anything to Spanish, the skills and the missions act by instinct, but there are things that I no longer understand, and how it changes and changes the skills and way of unlocking things , my question is the following if you can help me please

How do I make wrought iron tools? I have already released the forge but I can not make wrought iron tools! please help!

Buy this:

forge-lvl2.jpg.e8ef02fae936ad40ab5f54c1eea3ffc9.jpg

Thanks for the quick reply. Since it is working for you, I went back into the game and tried again.

In fact, it turns out the land claim block I placed has somehow become inactive.

I have no idea why, it's the one I started with and the only one I have ever placed. To be certain I looked on my map and there is no other LCB active.

Is this a new bug? A known issue? Or am I missing something, and there could be some other reason it became inactive?

if you can run a new nav map and record this... then make a bug report in the a17b240 stable report section. there was an issue similar to this but was fixed.. so if you get it again try to catch it on video and do supply an uncut output log.

i can only get an inactive lcb if i place another down which is by design.. but you said no more was placed down and you are on sp, so if its back or you did something different we need to know this.

@unholyjoe

I will try to repeat this as well, as it just happened to me on B240 today. Only one LCB. Gone from map, shows as inactive, and my bed roll was no longer active either (at least on the map). Will file a bug report if I can reproduce or catch it on vid. New save & world on NAV.

same with you, if you can, then please place the proper report in the correct thread, not here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coincidentally the same mistake, when entering the forum I saw this publication and I went to try to remove my forge that I was able to release minutes ago, but I could not remove it either, so I saw that my complaint block did not mark on the map like my bed!

My suggestion to the developers (after a helping of ketchup) is to simply add a sixth attribute:

Entitlement

Entitlement Perks

I Want It Now!

I Hate Hard Choices!

Tier 1: All Perks are reduced to one tier in which all benefits of the previous tiers are attained.

Stop Forcing Me!

Tier 3: Zombies return to spinning in circles below the player, can’t dig, and only do 10% normal damage to blocks.

I lolled

That's actually something I LOVE about this game. It is so simple to be able to change things to fit my playstyle. Yeah, you have to mess with XMLs, and very few know how to, but there are tutorials, on their website, telling you how to do it, and plenty of people that will help out. You can take this game, change it to how you want. There are very very VERY few games that allow that, you buy the game, it doesn't suit you, well too bad, you wasted money. With this game, if there are things you don't like, you can change it to how you do like it, and there, no wasted money or time. It's something that I feel 80% of the people that buy this on steam never know about. Shoot, I never did until I decided to get on here to look up when A17 was going to come out about a year ago and saw the mods section. And that was because i didn't like a few aspects of A16.4, but was just enough to frustrate me. Saw the mods, and boom, kept me playing instead of forgetting about the game.

Mods and the community of folks helping is what keeps me around for sure. Sure you can mod about any game, but the fan base here is awesome (in the mods community)

As a dev team, do you guys feel that the current system is what players want? How's it going, numbers wise? Sincere question; I'm personally ambivalent because I just mod it how I want to, but wanted your take on it.

Id like to know this ^^

But posting it will only give trolls more things to troll about.

Entitlement

Entitlement Perks

I Want It Now!

I Hate Hard Choices!

Stop Forcing Me!

With all due respect Roland, I would like to present my idea or the management to take into account the skill system, so that one can be free of his way, as it was in the A16 is a mixture of both

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipNpToaJtgJbimbA70Np-kHKCDCCjaX7IWyNcpg0

With all due respect Roland, I would like to present my idea or the management to take into account the skill system, so that one can be free of his way, as it was in the A16 is a mixture of both

A16 was not a mixture.

It was all about grinding up certain skills.

The skill points rarely were an issue.

Frequently I was mining with a stone axe or claw hammer just to grind up some construction skill to progress. Those were not good times.

@Trolland, omg lmao I laughed verily.

I suggest adding a couple of Tiers to I want it now and Stop forcing me:

Tier 3: Zombies drop a minimal of 10 bones upon death; unlocks Tier 4 for free

Tier 4: All rock nodes are fully gathered in 2 swings from a stone axe; increases resources gained by 9001%

Tier 5: All activities instantly refill food and water levels; chaining activities gives stacks of stamina regen. Each stack refills stamina 25% at a time for 60 seconds to a max of 900 stacks.

Stop Forcing Me:

Tier 4: Unlocks all perks in all trees

Tier 5: Zombies only attack your base when you choose to allow them to.

Tier 6: A horde of Zombie Engineers comes after each blood moon, apologizing profusely for damaging player base, repairs player's base for free.

- - - Updated - - -

Frequently I was mining with a stone axe or claw hammer just to grind up some construction skill to progress. Those were not good times.

That's the main reason why all of my friends on steam quit playing, and me uninstalling the game.

A16 was not a mixture.

It was all about grinding up certain skills.

The skill points rarely were an issue.

Agree w that, and recall doing the same. Yet, and I'm not 'picking' on anything/one, wasn't that at least partially a balance thing? Like all the looting required?

I've not weighed in on the "Perk System", and I'm not intending to by the following;

We're curious creatures, we take things apart to see how they work, we get better at physical & mental tasks by doing them, or examining how others have attempted them.

And pretty much everyone I know gets a kick out of 'discovering' something on their own compared to someone else just giving them the answer.

To us old-school types it's the difference between an allowance, and going out and cutting the neighbors grass to earn the money to buy that thing you really want.

There's an element of that in a 'learn by doing' progression that isn't really there with a perk system.

Noob question:

When recently cleaning the "Bear Den Bar" POI, I noticed there were these glass chemistry sets littered throughout, even in hidden compartments. What the hell are those for? Hitting them with a stone axe or a wrench just smashed them to pieces.

Tier 6: A horde of Zombie Engineers comes after each blood moon, apologizing profusely for damaging player base, repairs player's base for free.

Then are so incompetent that they wreck the base anyway.

The perk is called "The Gang Gets Extreme: Zombie Makeover Edition"

Noob question:

When recently cleaning the "Bear Den Bar" POI, I noticed there were these glass chemistry sets littered throughout, even in hidden compartments. What the hell are those for? Hitting them with a stone axe or a wrench just smashed them to pieces.

I second this question. looks like an unfinished lootable stuff. Not just decorative.

To us old-school types it's the difference between an allowance, and going out and cutting the neighbors grass to earn the money to buy that thing you really want.

There's an element of that in a 'learn by doing' progression that isn't really there with a perk system.

Huh...I think what you describe more accurately represents the perk system rather than learn by doing.

Cut grass. Earn currency. Shop for desirables.

Play game. Earn skill points. Shop for perks.

@unholyjoe

I will try to repeat this as well, as it just happened to me on B240 today. Only one LCB. Gone from map, shows as inactive, and my bed roll was no longer active either (at least on the map). Will file a bug report if I can reproduce or catch it on vid. New save & world on NAV.

same with you, if you can, then please place the proper report in the correct thread, not here.

when you started game, did you set it single player only? if not and you have not logged in some time, lcb can turn inactive

Before I go try and reproduce, anyone have an issue where they can't shift-click into a container, only manually move stuff, but when you exit said container it disappears and you lose what you put in?

Cant say that I have. However, occasionally I have had issues with swapping items out of my belt (i.e. wooden frames). The workaround I use is dropping the belt item using the drop key (G).

Cant say that I have. However, occasionally I have had issues with swapping items out of my belt (i.e. wooden frames). The workaround I use is dropping the belt item using the drop key (G).

Yeh that one I've had too, and enough times I figure someone else already reported it. =)

Archived