Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

We get it dude you're the hardest of hardcore gamerz lol.

And somehow incase you missed it (which according to your post you did) this IS a zombie killing game...

No I'm not I like to be challenged when we play I still die from time to time and you forgot this is a survival horde crafting game. I never said that the pimps are doing things wrong I just voiced my opinions. Take it or leave it don't matter one bit.

So in a couple of MM's videos there was this big neat house in the NW corner of Diersvill, the one where he saw a pig on the roof near a solar panel. Anyway, I wanted to check it out and now it's just an empty lot... Was it moved somewhere else or removed for some reason?

I'm hoping they simply relocated the house I mentioned, because having that one big empty lot in Diersvill is actually really sweet, great spot to build your own house from scratch. Actually wondering if they did this on purpose, great idea if so. I'm in a creative game now playing with all the new blocks, wow, so many. I had a few go-to methods for perimeter walls, but now I am trying out a bunch of new block combinations.

For those worried about still being able to build as a major part of the game, don't fret. This is still experimental, Faatal just said they are already doing a bunch more balancing already. They listen. I think things will be better once stable build is ready and released for those who like to build, me included. They know how much of an integral part that is to the magic of this game, I mean they just seriously upgraded the variety of blocks to work with, these POIs are SO much more detailed and dynamic now, players will get to have fun with that too, you'll see.

- I agree the pre-bloodied spikes are lame, makes no sense, plus that was how one could tell where damage to their perimeter was done so they could do repairs. With them default bloody like that it will be much harder to notice. One of the few things I am not happy with, but the metal versions are nice, just hope they remove the blood, unless they're run into, like before.

Dear DEVELOPERS, as soon as possible Please fix VulcanAPI , :upset:

if I turn on VulcanAPI through the launcher, then the game is all pink and black

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25661[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25662[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25663[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25664[/ATTACH]

https://pastebin.com/GRG36BP0

my topic https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?95992-VulcanAPI-work-incorrect-(pink-screen-in-game-and-gone-textures)

two words for you.... experimental unstable............

Never mattered in the other experimental builds!!!!!! What about all the people who dont have the best of the best computers? We paid for the game also and haven't had a problem till now!!!! I have seen several that say the same thing, The concept is great but the game should have been optimized better so we all could enjoy it!

You should try this little modification

The only concern with this new version, IMHO, is a level rise too fast.

And levelling up means meeting zombies, let's say, a little bit too aggressive early in the game...

Also the quests become too quickly harder.

So I multiplied the levelling time by two (you have to kill twice more zombies). However, because I am curious to test different skills, I now receive 4 points per level.

You should really test that.

In the progession.xml file, just change one of the first lines to get that:

<[color=#990000]level[/color] [color=#990000]skill_points_per_level[/color]="[color=black][b]4[/b][/color]" [color=#990000]experience_multiplier[/color]="[color=black][b]1.0149[/b][/color]" [color=#990000]exp_to_level[/color]="[color=black][b]20000[/b][/color]" [color=#990000]max_level[/color]="[color=black][b]300[/b][/color]">

Hope my English is understandable enough.:confusion:

What are the actual requirements to build forge, I cant seem to figure it out. I'm player level 9, intellect level 3.

Loving Alpha 17 so far, 100% improvement, looks great and has so much still to do. Plus, the zombies are now a threat. Thanks guys.

Land Claim Block Exploit

I was going to report this after breakfast but I thought I would ask here first. If anyone wants to try it & beat me to it that is fine too.

I tried my first night tower defense for the first night & stacked 5 W/F's & got on top of a Small Boulder, picked up any W/F's it took to get up there. I placed a Claim Block on the top W/F & the Z's took care of the Boulder & lower W/Fs but I had myself a Hovering Safe Space.

I tried it again in the new XP, still works & I even added another L/C/B Hovering up there.

Works with just W/F's but the L/C/B's look cooler floating there, going to see how big I can get it to make it fall.

What are the actual requirements to build forge, I cant seem to figure it out. I'm player level 9, intellect level 3.

Loving Alpha 17 so far, 100% improvement, looks great and has so much still to do. Plus, the zombies are now a threat. Thanks guys.

If you hover over the lock icon on the right hand side it will tell you the requirements. You need to be level 20 and intellect 4 to unlock the forge.

If you hover over the lock icon on the right hand side it will tell you the requirements. You need to be level 20 and intellect 4 to unlock the forge.

Cool, thanks Kosmic. Just found this in another post as you answered. Phew, a bit to go so far. The hover over tool tips is good once you see it. Cheers

Forge = level 20 character. If you're on the skills build page, you can hover your cursor over the "lock" icon and it'll show you the prerequisites for obtaining the next skill.

I think quite a number of us are trying to get used to having to wait until level 20 to get a forge, considering some of us at level 15 were already getting cops and feral Wights due to screamers, but didn't have a good enough base to protect ourselves... hopefully the forge level is changed before stable is released. (to try to make better tools, bullets, etc)

Never mattered in the other experimental builds!!!!!!

So you are saying TFP is only allowed to have those bugs in experimental that they already had before? :cocksure:

Forge = level 20 character. If you're on the skills build page, you can hover your cursor over the "lock" icon and it'll show you the prerequisites for obtaining the next skill.

I think quite a number of us are trying to get used to having to wait until level 20 to get a forge,

Actually the chance to find a working forge is really high at the moment. I find lots of working workstations,forges and chem stations at traders and in shops and garages. Actually I think it is a bug because the RNG values for workstations are not in line with the comment in blockplaceholders.xml on the first line. According to it the chance to have a working forge in a trader is exactly 50% !

I think the Wood Spike Traps should be bloodless initially.

Agreed. I liked that you could tell easily if they were damaged because they became bloody after being damaged. Maybe this can be restored?

We dropped down to warrior mode from nomd hoping i would get rid of the stacked exp horde spawning, and while I think it id, the zombie feel underpowered health wise. we dropped max zombies per player on day 21 horde night, and that did improve framerates, from 17 fps on day 14 to 25 or so on day 21.

Still really low, but an improvement.

Even on warrior, zombies are tearing through flagstone like butter. Concrete will be my next unlock.

We had concerns about rgw world size, and it looks like thats confirmed at default size. It looks like you can drive across the entire map on the bicycle in one day! That seriously devalues the benefit of later vehicles.. we don't need more speed, so they only offer storage.

Also, the bike's mod slot should hold a flashlight to be used as a headlight, and I'm really hoping the bike gets an alternate ringing bell sound as it's horn. The bike feels and handles great! a high jump might be nice, as well as a tighter turn radius.

Speaking of which, why isn't there a controller button mapped for the horn while riding?

The bike riding is very smooth, but it looks like it should speed up more going downhill.. going uphill has a significant speed slowdown, and I'd think the speed multiplier would be the same going downhill.

POI editor pimps: AMAZING game changer work! Could a skate park trader challenge be possible now? The challenge would only be completed if you stay on your bike.

A half destroyed skatepark, a underground mine with minecart rails, a construction site, or small coaster would be great new locations for the challenge, and they could be limited to 1 per rgw map to make them a more unusual location to stumble across.

I think quite a number of us are trying to get used to having to wait until level 20 to get a forge, considering some of us at level 15 were already getting cops and feral Wights due to screamers, but didn't have a good enough base to protect ourselves... hopefully the forge level is changed before stable is released. (to try to make better tools, bullets, etc)

Thanks for the information Joonbug. Agreeded, trying to ramp up by mass zombie slaughter. Doubt I will make it to lvl 20 before day 7. I will just need to find a hide out building to sacrifice, don't want my base messed up. Its certainly a learning experience, but a good one. Getting pretty hand with melee attacks. Bandages are essential.

OMG, we never noticed that lock tooltip, and no one had mentioned it at all! Maybe the popup field size can be expanded to the entire perk text, not just the lock icon?

Im not here to complain or try and get others to agree with my opinion. But what I would like to say is -

Fun Pimp Coders!-

Please activate this line of code

onSelfItemCrafted

and make it able to be triggered only on a selected item crafted like this

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfItemCrafted" item="meleeToolFireaxeIron" action="AddBuff" target="self" buff="meleeToolFireaxeIronXP">

Also make CraftingTier a individual item stat again not a overall player stat. Doing this would allow us modders to make a real progression system again to help calm your players that really, really, really dislike your new Fallout nock off progression system you have decided to go with.

Please first fix the performance of structures or enclosed places. it is impossible to play like this. And the difficulty of zombies I love now, but when you clean a house you can not move 10 meters away and there are zombies inside again!

Thanks, very good game.

Please first fix the performance of structures or enclosed places. it is impossible to play like this. And the difficulty of zombies I love now, but when you clean a house you can not move 10 meters away and there are zombies inside again!

Thanks, very good game.

If you clear the whole house, no more zombies should spawn there. That is my experience so far.

Shotguns. Is there a plan to be able to put reflex sights on them, instead of scopes? Scopes that can be put on are way off on the model. Another concern is the vehicle steering. I have to keep changing my mouse sensitivity, maybe we could get a seperate slider for vehicle steering versus the general mouse look? Also there's a lot of blocks that are way too shiny, which is killing performance. As well as when a mass of zombies show up it starts to kill framerates as well. and Are we going to get our FOV selection back or do we need to just rely on using the console command from now on?

So I just started farming because animal spawns are unreliable and infrequent and apparently it costs five of any crop to make one seed. and harvesting a crop only gives one crop.

How is that even remotely sustainable? Am I missing something or is farming not even worth your time anymore?

Archived