• Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

So has anyone tried a base at bedrock.

I would be interested in a report.

How did it do vs

Regular zeds

Wandering horde

Blood moon horde

Pics of the aftermath would be nice.

i took my bloodmoon hord in above ground defense tower. i spent last few nights underground mining and no z bothered to visit me. so i guess, at least for normal night mining , bedrock level is relatively safe.

Devs i have a few questions re Graphic changes:

Can or will the ability to use FalloffRange be returned for light.

This was used for light intensity attenuation. Realistic depth lighting

vs projection like minbike or spotlight.

"It has been changed to DamageFallOffChange"

Can or will the ability to use "Ambient" 2d texture be returned, The gradient

files no longer control the effect in the biomes, a single math value has

replaced it. I read the dev readme notes. The level has been set to greater

than the upper limit stated in the readme.

Faatal can you please point to the parameters and or file to use and assign

the lightflicker class.

The only light flicker I know about is in the prefab editor, you can edit light properties and set a flicker/pulse/something type.

Im curious about random gen. Every map is spawned the same, the randomness of it has been taken out. Its really no fun to explore anymore. Its really killing the game for me, i havent been playing it very much because of it. There are no big cities on any seed i have looked at. Skyscrapers are nonexistent, other people have noticed the same thing. Is this something that is staying this way from now on? Or is it temporary till stable is released?

Do we really need to do a full un- then re-install between experimental builds?

I deleted the b197 save via game UI and haven't seen any weird recipes or giant hogs.

Also searched entityclasses.xml and no "animalBossgGrace" found.

Not a big deal if so but I didn't think that it was required/recommended?

Edit: dang. just noticed that theres a misspelling there, no double g, should be "animalBossGrace" & yes, there is an entry for her in my entityclasses.xml.

Hi, @roland,

I am glad to be back in the forums.

Should I totally uninstall 7 Days to Die from steam then reinstall the game after the update? I have had some weird stuff happening during the game.

Paul

Fwiw I certainly would. And I did prior to installing b197. Also don't continue with same save between experimental builds.

faatal, Gazz, I just re-read the 1st post in the bug reports thread and it -doesn't- say to uninstall before installing A17e.

Quest are realy hard. 3 ppl doing tier II and usualy fail, die all. 8 from 10 zeds are feral... We spend two days in navezgame old west city. 4 ppl, standing on roofs, all city almost destroyed, nonstop ferals poping from ewerywhere, several deaths for everyone, unable to leave bcs all that runers. We are lvl from 20 to 40. Just arrows, no amo, perks for crafting amo not working. Also perk for tablesaw and probabli for chem station not working too. Melee is unusable, normal zed are rare, after lvl 30 jjst ferals ewerywhere. Heavy armor have big penality for moving and stamina and not so big protection for exchange. I have 27 deaths on lvl 40, almost nonstop with near death debuf, hate it. We all have around 1k hour played on this game but this patch is little insane :-D

Quest are realy hard. 3 ppl doing tier II and usualy fail, die all. 8 from 10 zeds are feral... We spend two days in navezgame old west city. 4 ppl, standing on roofs, all city almost destroyed, nonstop ferals poping from ewerywhere, several deaths for everyone, unable to leave bcs all that runers. We are lvl from 20 to 40. Just arrows, no amo, perks for crafting amo not working. Also perk for tablesaw and probabli for chem station not working too. Melee is unusable, normal zed are rare, after lvl 30 jjst ferals ewerywhere. Heavy armor have big penality for moving and stamina and not so big protection for exchange. I have 27 deaths on lvl 40, almost nonstop with near death debuf, hate it. We all have around 1k hour played on this game but this patch is little insane :-D

For some reason I read your post as I would the final journal entry found in a diary being held by a corpse in the top room of a ruined building overlooking the city...

any new release expected today or tomorrow?

maybe tomorrow or the next day. They've made some changes they want you guys to try. Just depends on whether they want to put a few more in. They're meeting tomorrow morning to discuss all the most talked about issues they've seen in various forums.

Hi, @roland,

I am glad to be back in the forums.

Should I totally uninstall 7 Days to Die from steam then reinstall the game after the update? I have had some weird stuff happening during the game.

Paul

If you use the cleaning tool in the game launcher window it usually does the trick for me. Really depends on whether you plan to report bugs in the report thread. If so you should be very thorough in making sure you only have files from the most current build. If the build REQUIRES a wipe and restart Rick will mention it in the thread and you'll also notice it when you try to play your old save.

Thanks for the advice - I am in the process of reinstalling the entire game. I was getting a lot of graphics that would not load had like an old TV Streaking after the channel was offline. (That was back in the day), it was vertical if that helps. And the other was creating items needed and what was showing was totally off. It was showing I need acid to create a bedroll and other random stuff. I will check back in after the re-install.

@faatal @gazz maybe it will make a difference - the game is still in testing mode.

- - - Updated - - -

I just wiped it all out. I want to start fresh. Cleaning tool? I have never noticed it before.

Hey folks, I'm curious to know which parameters are affected by the games difficulty setting in the main menu.

I've played a number of A17 games on a number of difficulty settings, and the most unfair and punishing horde action happened on the novice difficulty.

Sure, this might just come down to the curse of random generation, but I see no increased difficulty between these settings. In fact, it seems to work in reverse.

Are the settings nerfed, or am I missing something?

God this game eats away at my life. It's so addictive. I've recently played Red Dead Redemption and God of War, both AAA games and of high quality but nothing comes close to 7DTD which I have hundreds of hours in, and keep coming back. I have so much respect for the Devs to persist for so long and keep improving. Will this game ever come out of Alpha? Lol. It just seems so hard to fathom. It's the building, just digging and hiding away and planning the next venture. What game offers this level of freedom??

This is the first time I have tried staying underground for horde night but it is still the safest place to be early game.

I disagree, 2 story poi's with the staircase knocked out are still stupid easy to survive in, and much easier to prepare. Even with complete lack of reinforcement these things will last quite a few horde nights before they finally collapse (even more if you don't move around upstairs which forces the horde to destroy the supports beneath you)

It'd be great if there was some sort of fuzzy logic that caused large portions of these prefabs to randomly collapse regardless of the integrity programmed for the relative material. Something like this would really strike fear into the bravest of POI sitters each horde night.

Archived