Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Biggest thing I hope gets fixed in the way of RWG is the "Cliff Roads" Where you're just movin' along and suddenly you drop down, break your legs, and the zombies still know you're a living person despite your shuffling like them as you try to keep going. I'd play on Navezgame but I hate that map. It's too small for my liking.

Hahahahaha, that must of felt soooooo good.

On a serious note, im with guppy. I am super excited for this change. Not sure if I will ever have the time but I want to recreate the walking dead geography and create custom questline that will recreate some of the conflicts in that story and then also create my own. :)

Check it out. =)

@madmole:

Where is my new map? You guys have had a full 5 days to create new maps. How long are your maps going to be in alpha? When is the release date of the next map? When can I get your map on console? Will your map run on my 386 with 4k of memory? Can I mod your map? Can you release the psd of your map before its out so I can mod the things I don't like about it? Can I see the release notes at least so I can read them while your map is downloading? Will your map fit in my recycle bin if I don't like it?

Here you go.

guppymap.png

=)

now i tryed my 5y old pc with a17

system info:

win 10 pro

x64 based

Inter® core i5-2500K (currently not overclocked) CPU @3.30GHz, 3301 MHz , 4 cores, 4 logical protsessors

installed ram 8gb available 6gb

graphics amd radeon hd 6800 series 1gb

game settings:

res 1600x900

fullscreen - no

vsync off

video settings: https://prnt.sc/lmteuj

still playable. not the best but can be played. fps 25...45 , rarely drops below 15 even inside dungeon poi.

in my opinion, my bottleneck is graphics card. 1gb video memori is not enough.

i hope, it helps those with older pc's

edit: cool map Guppy :D

Roads could use some love

I noticed that roads are really bumpy in A-17. Roads could be a lot smoother. The problem is that roads are treated like terrain. Roads should be smooth even as they are adapted to the terrain.

I would hope when the terrain was generated a smoothing algorythm was being used to smooth the terrain along road paths. we've seen quite a few roads that don;t respect water level (The Moses Effect) and roads with such step inclines you can barely walk up them let alone ride a bike up them.

Speaking of bikes, following someone else's post, bike jump set to 4.5 (from 4) in the vehicle xml feels a LOT better.. as does setting tilt to 25 (from 20) I think the bike gives you better turning radius as a result.

It feels faster (though it isn't) and a lot more responsive.

I'm bumping jump to 5 and tilt to 30 to see how that feels. its like riding a mountain bike, and I'm just screwing around playing a bike simulator! Lol!

Actually you can just toggle aiming, just tap the aim button and it should stay aimed until you click again.

Yeah, that's is how it currently works, and my preference is to hold RMB for aiming instead of clicking to toggle the mode.

Hold aim would go like this:

- Press and hold RMB -> enter aim down sights

- Release RMB -> return to normal mode

At the moment it is toggle only (unless I have missed something very obvious) so if I release RMB it will not return back to normal mode. Most FPS games have an option for this. :)

Suggestion: Bicycles found as random loot or awarded from a trader

Bicycles are simple and good to have. Plus many people would have one laying around somewhere like a garage or a bike shop.

Making them is a pain and besides, once you get to the point that you can make them, you will already be close to making the other vehicles.

Why would anyone bother making one when you can make better modes of transportation?

Tires are the biggest problem. Getting together all the stuff you need to make just one tire could take all day.

So why not have one spawn in were a player can grab it and ride away? :)

Tires are easy.. look for acid in garages and kitchens, and use the wrench on tires to get the polymer.. you get a LOT more than using an axe.

IMHO, bikes should come into play as a "hoard night reward" unlocking at day 15 (or level 15) whichever comes first.

- - - Updated - - -

Check it out. =)

@madmole:

Here you go.

guppymap.png

=)

That doesn't look right... there should be roads trying to cross the letters. ;)

For those worried about still being able to build as a major part of the game, don't fret. This is still experimental, Faatal just said they are already doing a bunch more balancing already. They listen. I think things will be better once stable build is ready and released for those who like to build, me included. They know how much of an integral part that is to the magic of this game, I mean they just seriously upgraded the variety of blocks to work with, these POIs are SO much more detailed and dynamic now, players will get to have fun with that too, you'll see.

Yes. Some people are acting like this is done. It is absolutely NOT DONE. It is experimental.

I just checked SVN and every single day since our Friday b194 streamer release, there have been tweaks and bug fixes to the game. Our test build is up to b203 with a dozen changes already done for b204. Many of these changes were made on the weekends or on the days we should have been off for Thanksgiving, so I'd say the team is busting their butts to make it better.

Do we know about problems? Of course. hundreds of them. We do play the game too. Do I want to build a cool base and beat the zombies? You bet. Can we snap our fingers and it all be done tomorrow? Not possible. Changes take time.

People need to chill out. If you can't handle the roller coaster of experimental, then wait for stable.

Dear DEVELOPERS, as soon as possible Please fix VulcanAPI , :upset:

if I turn on VulcanAPI through the launcher, then the game is all pink and black

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25661[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25662[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25663[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25664[/ATTACH]

https://pastebin.com/GRG36BP0

my topic https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?95992-VulcanAPI-work-incorrect-(pink-screen-in-game-and-gone-textures)

We know Vulkan has problems, but we have dozens of higher priority issues to deal with.

now i tryed my 5y old pc with a17

system info:

win 10 pro

x64 based

Inter® core i5-2500K (currently not overclocked) CPU @3.30GHz, 3301 MHz , 4 cores, 4 logical protsessors

installed ram 8gb available 6gb

graphics amd radeon hd 6800 series 1gb

game settings:

res 1600x900

fullscreen - no

vsync off

video settings: https://prnt.sc/lmteuj

still playable. not the best but can be played. fps 25...45 , rarely drops below 15 even inside dungeon poi.

in my opinion, my bottleneck is graphics card. 1gb video memori is not enough.

i hope, it helps those with older pc's

edit: cool map Guppy :D

is the requirement for graphics card higher than 2 gig now

is the requirement for graphics card higher than 2 gig now

This is what Steam store says about requirements.

MINIMUM:

Processor: 2.4 Ghz Dual Core CPU

Memory: 6 GB RAM

Graphics: 1 GB Dedicated Memory

DirectX: Version 10

Network: Broadband Internet connection

Storage: 4 GB available space

Sound Card: Sound Card: DirectX® Compatible

Additional Notes: Running the Dedicated Server and Client on the same computer will double ram requirements. Also future releases may require more hard drive space.

RECOMMENDED:

Processor: 3.0 Ghz Quad Core CPU or faster

Memory: 12 GB RAM

Graphics: 2 GB Dedicated Memory

Additional Notes: Running the Dedicated Server and Client on the same computer will double ram requirements. Also future releases may require more hard drive space.

I just want to make sure I understand this right before investing points... Flurry of Blows and Sexual T-rex apply to all weapons that can hit enemies correct? So if I invest in these perks my mining abilities go up as well?

Not quite. Flurry descrip says "Light"... but in xml both Iron Fireaxe & Pickaxe are listed as Medium, however, Flurry does appear to work for the -pick-, not the axe though...

As to Sex-T can't really say if it's being applied or not. You'd have to do some pretty tightly controlled testing to be able to tell since the player stats in the B menu don't seem accurate, nor the Item stats either...

Edit: not meaning to bag on the Pimps; I think the written descriptions we see are one thing but what's in the xmls are whats really being applied, and those seem to need some shaking out.

Yeah, that's is how it currently works, and my preference is to hold RMB for aiming instead of clicking to toggle the mode.

Hold aim would go like this:

- Press and hold RMB -> enter aim down sights

- Release RMB -> return to normal mode

At the moment it is toggle only (unless I have missed something very obvious) so if I release RMB it will not return back to normal mode. Most FPS games have an option for this. :)

Yep, this is an old gripe. I cant actually think of a game that I have played that doesn't release the scope when you let go of the r/mouse button, I'm patiently waiting for them to fix this.

I just want to make sure I understand this right before investing points... Flurry of Blows and Sexual T-rex apply to all weapons that can hit enemies correct? So if I invest in these perks my mining abilities go up as well?

Yes.

You can test it for yourself. Measure the stamina loss from a swing of the stone axe when chopping trees, buy t-rex, and you'll notice your stamina loss should be 10% (1 pt) less than before.

I can't speak to flurry - I haven't done any testing with it yet.

-A

Yep, this is an old gripe. I cant actually think of a game that I have played that doesn't release the scope when you let go of the r/mouse button, I'm patiently waiting for them to fix this.

Fwiw I'm not having any issue either way. If I R-Click, it zooms in and stays zoomed in.

If I Press&Hold-RMB it zooms in until released.

My gripe is that w R-Click zoom in you -can't- reload until you R-Click to release zoom. And it overwrites the 'auto-reload' code so quite a mess until you retrain you reflexes :( (Should note this appears to just be for multiple round firearms; hunting rifle reloads while zoomed in)

Edit: also the R-Click zoom in disables mouse scroll-wheel to select other toolbelt slot. gah. This one I'm -really- not liking at all :(

If I do anything other than tap the RMB, it comes out of scope mode. I'm not sure what you guys are doing differently, but I can do either scenario. Toggle to scope, or hold and release to enter then exit.

Personally I prefer the toggle mode, it's ergonomically a better design.

-A

If I do anything other than tap the RMB, it comes out of scope mode. I'm not sure what you guys are doing differently, but I can do either scenario. Toggle to scope, or hold and release to enter then exit.

Personally I prefer the toggle mode, it's ergonomically a better design.

-A

Agreed. Like the toggle better too. And yeah, both is present already.

Please first fix the performance of structures or enclosed places. it is impossible to play like this. And the difficulty of zombies I love now, but when you clean a house you can not move 10 meters away and there are zombies inside again!

Thanks, very good game.

I am profiling this right now and have actually found some cases of heavy CPU use by sleepers that I think I can improve.

This is what Steam store says about requirements.

MINIMUM:

Processor: 2.4 Ghz Dual Core CPU

Memory: 6 GB RAM

Graphics: 1 GB Dedicated Memory

RECOMMENDED:

Processor: 3.0 Ghz Quad Core CPU or faster

Memory: 12 GB RAM

Graphics: 2 GB Dedicated Memory

those are requirements before a17.

Archived