Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

So I just started farming because animal spawns are unreliable and infrequent and apparently it costs five of any crop to make one seed. and harvesting a crop only gives one crop.

How is that even remotely sustainable? Am I missing something or is farming not even worth your time anymore?

So I just started farming because animal spawns are unreliable and infrequent and apparently it costs five of any crop to make one seed. and harvesting a crop only gives one crop.

How is that even remotely sustainable? Am I missing something or is farming not even worth your time anymore?

Plants regrow without needing to plant new seeds

Fun Pimps

First and for most I have gotten far more then my money’s worth out of this game (2100+hr), but I feel it is running down a rabbit hole that will kill it. This is your game, I’m just playing it so if you’re happy with it so be it.

Settings that we play at

Insane

10% loot

Always run

Delete on death

No loot respawn or air drops

Now to be far I played a17 to level 50 before I opened my mouth, but after level 20 I was mentally done with it. There are a few things that I have been growing to dislike more each day, and some things that I feel are flat out killing the game.

The game I loved was an open voxel world that you could play however you wanted. Now it just feels like a zed killing game with a little bit of crafting. When I played I felt like I was locked in a play style box. Now I know people would sometimes take advantage of the open play style but guess what people suck, and it was there loss. The world will always have someone taking the easy road. For me A17 is a play it once and move on to the next game.

I know we have always pushed what you could craft from a few parts in this game but wheels, hog frame, hog front end, 4x4 chassis, gyro chopper blades, and guns. I feel we have gone too far with them, I would like to see them as rare loot finds or rewards from trader missions.

I would love to see the need to recharge our powered tools and toys. Mining helmet, night vision, flash lights, and nail gun.

So you ended meals on wheels. I have no problem with that, but I now have more food then I could ever need. The large farel hogs are every ware and I now have 3k meat and more leather then I could ever use.

I no longer have a need to go out and raid, and base building is dead. I have built some grand bases in my time but the resource gathering makes it ridicules and pointless. This deeply saddens me as I was looking forward to the new AI pathing to make it more difficult.

Before If I would start my forge and leave my base I would come back to a ton of zeds but now it don’t seem to matter

The zed trains of old would run past and then stop a long way off and wander around for a bit , but now they stop and slowly walk to you even if you move.

The new rad zone needs to kill you slower at first. I was out on the bike looking around and found myself in it, before I could find my way out I died. I wish I would have been able to know where was safe and not safe.

Thinking about all you have said and this part "Now it just feels like a zed killing game with a little bit of crafting" is a sad truth. Really sad in my opinion!

In fact, TFP staff said during the long process of releasing alpha 17 that zombie killing would be something we only do if really necessary, but the way they put it in the game (you can't properly level up without killing zombies and a lot of them) the killing became the main thing.

I do agree with the slow progression but zombie killing should not be the most important way of obtain XP and level up.

I really think TFP could diminish the XP gain for killing zeds harshly, divide the current amount by 10 (example, ordinary zeds give you 700 XP, it could be reduced to 70), and after you complete some relevant construction or harvest (example, maybe after 20 blocks upgrade or 30-40 harvest things/destroyed blocks/cleared trees) the player gain a large bonus of XP.

I thing it would make the game return to its origin.

Never mattered in the other experimental builds!!!!!! What about all the people who dont have the best of the best computers? We paid for the game also and haven't had a problem till now!!!! I have seen several that say the same thing, The concept is great but the game should have been optimized better so we all could enjoy it!

They are optimizing as we speak. If you want a stable experience then wait for stable. If you want to come along for the bumpy/messy ride thru experimental then hop on. Realize tho that you made the choice to endure the likely buggy problem filled experimental portion of the ride.

Why are most perks gated with levels? It seems to limit the player.

Yes, one of the most annoying things. I guess that's how they want to stretch the gameplay, sadly it only makes it more boring because of forcing the player into a single style of play.

I'm running a dedicated server I chopped down some trees then stopped playing for the night. The next day I started the server and logged in all the trees I had cut down are back with health of 0-1200 if I try to cut them down I get unlimited wood and xp I could rank up all the way if I wanted in a short time. Can this be fixed without wiping my server? Do I need to clear the server cache? if so how do I do that without messing the server up. Thx

So far I love a17 and the fact I see a lot more hordes and zombies. Loving the hell out of 7 days.

Only down sides from my point of view is the following.

Bug of tablesaw missing in the progression.xml so you can make it.

Not all of the wood blocks are craftable in frame form and up gradable. example joints

Some smaller blocks that are not full blocks example railings,joints plates can not be overlapped in the corners to allow better building options.

Some things I'd like to see added as static models after finally getting the bus model are tractor trailer, Flat beds and the truck it's self Ambulance, fire truck, chopper, few tanks all these I'd prefer to be static. video below show a attempt to make a trailer for a new prison.

Jail doors removed so sad

Bug I in countered was a game breaker in countered it once so far is air drops started after day 3 when set to day 7 and they wouldn't stop we had over 25 air drops in minutes had to shut down dedicated server and restart only to find crates still was there just didn't show up as icons till you got close to them but the damage of to many air drops was done.

Runs better on my machine than a dedicated server host. On dedicated server it feels like there is to much lag in the back ground example clubbing zombies took more swings as if they didn't do as much damage but if run on my machine me and my son could 2 power attack the starting zombies first swing no perks zombie was on the ground second swing dead on dedicated server might take 3 to 4 power attack swings settings where set the same so not understanding what is going on with dedicated server host game and one ran on my machine.

Oh and I run a standard hard drive while dedicated server host is SSD.

When using the decals in prefab editor get null ref issue.

Some times the tree bug happens where you chop down a tree and the tree falls but there is still a tree standing that is untouchable.

Some issues placing the new vehicles on flat land areas where nothing is blocking the placement. Have to run around till it lights up green in some odd places it shouldn't be placeable.

Some prfabs that where not redone to be dungeon crawls are bla me and my son normally just run by them the dungeon crawling ones are the right direction.

Some prefabs are being placed in air a bit still in random gen still work in progress.

All the pros

Love it just love it Dungeon crawling best thing you could do.

Perk system love it.

new vehicles love it.

new blocks and assets love it. Hint don't stop adding this to bring out the game more.

Zombie ai love it seems a 1000 times better this build have yet to see a zombie walk in a circle. Zombies in a building on other floors finding a path up to me faster is grandpa's awesome sause.

Pimps video being made and will update post in few with link got to make video please come back and watch video. Joel I think you will tinker after seeing this after all it is your cup of tea and area.

Living off the land perk gives you more items per harvest

the game has important non-functioning elements, claims, weapons, buildings, etc.

You should explain better yourself what you find wrong. Maybe try reading here ( https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?94918-Alpha-17-Experimental-B199-bug-reporting-thread ) and you will find that these bugs are already found and pimps are aware.

Submit a ticket in bug reporting thread and right ppl will take care of them.

Yes, one of the most annoying things. I guess that's how they want to stretch the gameplay, sadly it only makes it more boring because of forcing the player into a single style of play.

Yeah you really have to grind to get to level 20 once there it now is starting to feel like 7 days for me. Finally have a forge that helps.:smile-new:

You should explain better yourself what you find wrong. Maybe try reading here ( https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?94918-Alpha-17-Experimental-B199-bug-reporting-thread ) and you will find that these bugs are already found and pimps are aware.

Submit a ticket in bug reporting thread and right ppl will take care of them.

done thanks

We had level gates in A16. STEEL required level 40 as the perfect example.

Shure, but doesn't make it any better.

@PhazerTrax

Sadly, a lot of recipes are gated behind plvl now. It's not only the forge. Especially important are the highly gated traps and vehicles. With the smaller starting inventory the latter are even more improtant.

The imho worst part of all this is the typical "too good to use" trope. If you need it you aren't allowed to work towards to get it, and if you have it finally, you already need to have found solutions to make it obsolete. And nothing feels worse to get something new that's of no use anymore.

edit:

let alone the fact that a lot of that progress feels extremely bogus. For example: you have to craft the bicycle, because no other one can be found in the whole country... same for the truck (or any car at all). Mist Survival does this in such a great way!

Suggestion: Bicycles found as random loot or awarded from a trader

Bicycles are simple and good to have. Plus many people would have one laying around somewhere like a garage or a bike shop.

Making them is a pain and besides, once you get to the point that you can make them, you will already be close to making the other vehicles.

Why would anyone bother making one when you can make better modes of transportation?

Tires are the biggest problem. Getting together all the stuff you need to make just one tire could take all day.

So why not have one spawn in were a player can grab it and ride away? :)

I agree, can't run hardly at all with my controller. I will never survive dogs or wolves and I really WANT to play but it hurts my thumb so badly to run, I feel like it's sprained after only playing A17 for a few days.
I have the same problem why they had take toggle of I don't no hope they sort it

Archived