Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I have yet to find loot on any zombies which makes fighting them impractical as they tear apart my base but dissapear shortly after killing them they don't even decompose likes the old system when you need to get rid of them or they would turn into gore piles that would attract more.

It has been mentioned that maybe at the end of BM hordes there will be a boss type zombie that would drop insanely good loot. Stuff to make it worth surviving. BUT, that's a maybe.

or they could just add in another airdrop that lands on your current position at the end of the night as a way of saying "good job"

since they are having trouble with boss types, this could solve that problem and its already codded in the game

I think it would be better if the proficiency skills were kept around and maybe fed into the attributes like building built strength wearing armor maybe built up fortitude using a gun precision and so on, maybe replace some of the weapon proficiency perks or if you don't want to go around working up those skills have the ability to to invest perks in the attributes.

I think it would be better if the proficiency skills were kept around and maybe fed into the attributes like building built strength wearing armor maybe built up fortitude using a gun precision and so on, maybe replace some of the weapon proficiency perks or if you don't want to go around working up those skills have the ability to to invest perks in the attributes.

If something like that, I could be okay with it. Int from crafting, Agi as you run/swim, Str from mining, For from melee combat, Pre from ranged combat. I'm sure someone will do that, increase those values, make them use based, and be like 1 for each lvl instead of the 10 a lvl.

I am unable to run this game. The old 7 days I could run fairly easily. But im not sure whats going on here?

intel i7

Geforece GTX 2g

8G DDR3

windows 10

I drop the resolution from 1920 to 1360x720. All the lowest settings. and im averaging about 20fps. if I move one inch Im dropping below 10.

Am I missing something?

no other game seems to be having an issue. I know its alpha but I shouldnt be having an issue.

or they could just add in another airdrop that lands on your current position at the end of the night as a way of saying "good job"

since they are having trouble with boss types, this could solve that problem and its already codded in the game

That would be a way to do it. Make it a "Blood Moon" airdrop that has different and better things than normal airdrop. Have the quality, type, amount of stuff based on gamestage, number of zombies killed, and number of deaths.

I am unable to run this game. The old 7 days I could run fairly easily. But im not sure whats going on here?

intel i7

Geforece GTX 2g

8G DDR3

windows 10

I drop the resolution from 1920 to 1360x720. All the lowest settings. and im averaging about 20fps. if I move one inch Im dropping below 10.

Am I missing something?

no other game seems to be having an issue. I know its alpha but I shouldnt be having an issue.

did you do a complete uninstall? all 3 folders deleted just in case?

7dtd folder in steam, 7dtd folder in users/appdata/local or local low, and the funpimpsfolder in roaming.

I have not. but will do so now. Would this actually make a difference?

sometimes junk gets left behind and interferes, has happened to me in the past.

also, back about a dozen pages someone said the recent nvidia driver needed to be rolled back and that cleared it for them.

intel i7

Geforece GTX 2g

8G DDR3

windows 10

Am I missing something?

Look up what model CPU and GPU you have. You've told us the brand, but for example a GTX 1030 will perform far worse than a GTX 1080, etc.

I have yet to find loot on any zombies which makes fighting them impractical as they tear apart my base but dissapear shortly after killing them they don't even decompose likes the old system when you need to get rid of them or they would turn into gore piles that would attract more.

That’s not how gore blocks worked. Zombie gore blocks did nothing. Animal carcasses/gore blocks would attract screamers in A15.

intel i7

Geforece GTX 2g

8G DDR3

windows 10

Am I missing something?

Try changing the main video setting to high and then disabling shadows, reflections, and reflected shadows. Also if you are using a laptop it needs to be plugged in or it will throttle the power.

***Using Schematics***

Has anyone figured out how to make mods with the workbench yet? I've seen others having issues, but don't remember seeing any answers.

Here's what I got:

Scope x2 schematic (lvl 1 Yeah, Science which I have)

I have all required parts for the recipe, but it says I "do not know the required recipe".

*I've already tried to drop and pick up the schematic as I saw someone say that was a possible solution. Didn't work.

I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered, but these posts are hard to keep up with. Thank you to whoever can give me some guidance.

I don't know the answer but I saw that the schematics still have "use" buttons. Have you tried using the recipe when all ingredients are in your backpack?

I guess it's along the lines of, it takes years to put up a skyscraper, but destroy one support in a day, and it'll all come tumbling down. Now I know it's not the same for houses as much, but it shouldn't be able to be put up in the same amount of time it took to destroy it. Granted, it should be sped up a little bit, but I think that's due to some perks not working with tools atm. Or can add in a perk to increase tool speed to make it go faster, etc.

I'd rather avoid being railroaded into picking a specific set of perks in order to stay on top of the zombie block damage curve. If such things are necessary then they should come free with the levels at the same time as the GS progresses. It's not really a perk if it's mandatory! Plus it really sucks for a player who is new or doesn't troll the forums to be facerolled every 7 days because they didn't pick the right perks in the right order as they leveled, or spend just the right amount of time grinding on trees and stones to build a sufficiently powerful fort to get them through.

One of the problems of the once-every-7-days carnage is that it will be 7 or even 14 hours between these events. On that timescale any real "adaptation" goes out the window - you just have to hope and pray your preparations are sufficient. In a typical tower defense it is more about sensible placement and utilization of synergies, and you have almost constant feedback to adapt your design. Feedback is non-existent in 7D2D. A potential solution is to make the events more frequent but less destructive. For example if they came every night (like the vampires in I Am Legend) but were much less destructive, maybe with the first couple of events having one or two of the new zombie type, starting with dogs, spiders and moving up to bears and cops. Each zombie type should represent a new challenge but should also have a counter that comes along with it. Just food for thought anyway.

I'd rather avoid being railroaded into picking a specific set of perks in order to stay on top of the zombie block damage curve. If such things are necessary then they should come free with the levels at the same time as the GS progresses. It's not really a perk if it's mandatory! Plus it really sucks for a player who is new or doesn't troll the forums to be facerolled every 7 days because they didn't pick the right perks in the right order as they leveled, or spend just the right amount of time grinding on trees and stones to build a sufficiently powerful fort to get them through.

One of the problems of the once-every-7-days carnage is that it will be 7 or even 14 hours between these events. On that timescale any real "adaptation" goes out the window - you just have to hope and pray your preparations are sufficient. In a typical tower defense it is more about sensible placement and utilization of synergies, and you have almost constant feedback to adapt your design. Feedback is non-existent in 7D2D. A potential solution is to make the events more frequent but less destructive. For example if they came every night (like the vampires in I Am Legend) but were much less destructive, maybe with the first couple of events having one or two of the new zombie type, starting with dogs, spiders and moving up to bears and cops. Each zombie type should represent a new challenge but should also have a counter that comes along with it. Just food for thought anyway.

I do think they should increase when the new zombies come in for sure. Much later in gamestages. Too often I run into cops or the like early on. Even radiated ones on day 14 or something (I just remember it was soon after the 2nd blood moon). There is talks within TFP on how they should or could curve block damage for blood moon (if I remember right). I feel like they should change the block hardness to only include building blocks and not trees, dirt, rocks, harvesting nodes, etc. and have a different zombie block hardness it's own option.

- - - Updated - - -

thats the one I was refering to. now they don't even decompose they just pop out of existence.

It has already been stated by TFP that it is just a placeholder currently. The "pop out" of existence will be changed, they just haven't decided what and how to do it.

Orig from Dauthistull "or they could just add in another airdrop that lands on your current position at the end of the night as a way of saying "good job"

since they are having trouble with boss types, this could solve that problem and its already codded in the game"

That would be a way to do it. Make it a "Blood Moon" airdrop that has different and better things than normal airdrop. Have the quality, type, amount of stuff based on gamestage, number of zombies killed, and number of deaths.

Another option could be a special BM chest or something spawned a few hundred meters back in the direction the horde came in from.

Maybe add a few goulish totems w torches or something so you could begin to see it when you got with a reasonable distance.

Heck, if it spawned in as horde began then those really seeking difficulty would have an incentive to go out and fight their way through :)

Add in a trigger so that until sunrise if any vehicle gets within 200 meters the site blows sky high.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25634[/ATTACH]

So, this happened to me on Day 14. Had to alt+f4 to get out of the game. Esc wouldn't work, so couldn't even just normal close. Once I got back in, it never happened again, was able to finish out the night. Now on Day 21, it happened again. Though this time, every time I restart, it gives me that error within a minute. About to have to start a new save sadly :(. Anyone know why it's happening and only during Blood Moon? I don't even know how to describe it or what to say about it to even post it in the bug thread. All it says is

ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null,

Parameter name: source

And it just keeps going on and on, only alt+f4 gets me out of the game.

It sounds like this known issue:

Radiated vulture puke will cause Exception spam

someone mentioned that multiple zombies can occupy the same position at the same time. if accurate, is this intended?

We prefer they don't and they do collide with each other, but movement and collisions and such can jam them into the same space sometimes.

Archived