Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

hello what time comes the update in europe? thank you

In about 12hours from now, maybe add a few hours. Basically i'll be playing tuesday morning, not monday night and i'm in GMT+1 :)

Edit: This is obviously if nothing gamebreaking will prevent the release.

Anybody, do "barbed wire" and "metal spike" mod do anything against zombies? Do zombies bleed or have armor rating that can degrade?

'cause neither of the mods give you extra damage and it seems there are no useful mods to make your club more powerful...

EDIT: i checked some streamers, it seems they are bleeding...

"Rick has called for an 11:30 am meeting (CST) so they can assess what else they need to fix (They’ve been fixing stuff all weekend as they’ve noticed things). Then they’ll create a release candidate, test it to make sure it doesn’t crash. They’re shooting for a late afternoon release."

For most of people i will write in normal words. It was false promise, that it will be on Monday. They are using timezone for USA, forgetting about all European, Asian, Africa, Australia countries. It means that this meeting will be at 17:30 UTC , meaning that all my mentioned continents most likely will receive it in soonest at Tuesday, not Monday, as it was thought before!!!

For those feeling sick from fixed FOV...

Adjusting the distance between your head and your monitor can stop it happening but the actual distance you need depends on your individual setup. Just reverse the calculation you would normally do with the FOV variable as a static number and the distance to the monitor as a variable, or you could use trial and error to see what works for you. Either way, good luck :-)

- - - Updated - - -

<snipped for space>

It's should be a 10pm to 2am release blighty time, as it usually is.

Suggestion:

"Flurry of blows" - make it so that the next POWER ATTACK does 100% extra damage (not just the 5th). This way the player is in control when the perk fires instead of just randomly firing.

It makes gameplay more dynamic and adds some strategy to the combat.

"Rick has called for an 11:30 am meeting (CST) so they can assess what else they need to fix (They’ve been fixing stuff all weekend as they’ve noticed things). Then they’ll create a release candidate, test it to make sure it doesn’t crash. They’re shooting for a late afternoon release."

For most of people i will write in normal words. It was false promise, that it will be on Monday. They are using timezone for USA, forgetting about all European, Asian, Africa, Australia countries. It means that this meeting will be at 17:30 UTC , meaning that all my mentioned continents most likely will receive it in soonest at Tuesday, not Monday, as it was thought before!!!

It is always the case with any company, They all launch in USA and then rest of world see it the next day, apple, microsoft, what is launch on common time for everyone ?

Us Aussies are currently going to bed now (11PM here). Is there anything special we need to do to have this download over night whenever it gets released? I remember something before with A16 that we had to change something in properties in steam but I can't remeber. Anyone able to help?

From release notes: "Generating 16k maps is currently disabled until we have time to speed it up"

Can someone please tell me this one will be re-enabled for stable? It will make my day -- I don't care if it takes 8 hours to generate the map.

That would interest me too.

Does anyone have an answer to the question of SnowDog1942?

I am not ok with that. They have promised update many times and haven't done that. Now is 1 year and 1 month without any updates. Also programmers don't play with deadlines. If it's deadline, work should be done.

Imagine if programmer programs a website. Customer does a campaign that website will be done at that and that date and discount for products will be x percent big. When the date comes, programmer says, that work isn't done and website will be done, when it will be done.. It is what Fun Pimps are doing! If it was told this time, that plan is monday, than it should be like that. And you need to do everything, that worldwide people receive what they have bought on monday!

Gamer communities are strict on deadlines. If you don't do promised things, you loose trust! If you can't do your work in time, say early, that deadline should be expanded, but not on a day, when is deadline!!!

And yes, i am programmer myself!

TFP made promises in the past. But they learned from there mistakes and moved on. Now they give a estimates, that is not even close to a promise! If you even took 2 min to read the last 2 pages than you had your answer. Or took a look to the " View poll result" (top of the thread) it says this:

Release to public opt-in Monday

All of this is dependent upon no critical issues!!!

offtopic: You're saying that you're a programmer and than telling this makes it even worse...

Eye detection of 72hz? Who came up with this nonsense?

200hz will give almost life like experience, but between 72hz and 200hz are miles in aspect of fluentness.

Well the "refresh rate" of our eyes is not fixed. It depends in your psychological and/or physical state (Relaxed, feared, focused, running for your life etc)

If you play farm simulator i guess 30Hz is ok but if you play an action game with x amount adrenaline in your blood then the Hz increase. In case of drugs (lets say coke) u go over 200Hz (near 240-250Hz)

PS:I'm not a doctor.

Us Aussies are currently going to bed now (11PM here). Is there anything special we need to do to have this download over night whenever it gets released? I remember something before with A16 that we had to change something in properties in steam but I can't remeber. Anyone able to help?

opt into the beta, but unfortunately, that option isn't open yet

opt into the beta, but unfortunately, that option isn't open yet

So there is no way for us to get set up overnight to download? :( Australia isn't known for the best internet (We get .3MB/Sec download here) so it takes us forever to download anything.

c9Ji1IG.jpg

Well the "refresh rate" of our eyes is not fixed. It depends in your psychological and/or physical state (Relaxed, feared, focused etc)

If you play farm simulator i guess 30Hz is ok but if you play an action game with x amount adrenaline in your blood then the Hz increase. In case of drugs (lets say coke) u go over 200Hz (near 240-250Hz)

PS:I'm not a doctor

We don't see in frames, we see in a constant stream.

For ex

We all just need to calm down and relax. I just watched a video of flatworms mating and can't explain how I feel lol

Lol if you decide thats a thing for you try watching slugs (? the ones that our houseless) mate. They keep it up for hours and they often do it freehanging in the air on a cord of the own mucus. It's particular.

Lol if you decide thats a thing for you try watching slugs (? the ones that our houseless) mate. They keep it up for hours and they often do it freehanging in the air on a cord of the own mucus. It's particular.

I was JUST about to suggest that video..

Fun fact: they're herms! ;x

Archived