Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Ah.. The usual pre-release rush of posts. Where there are new posts every time you refresh the page. How I've missed it!

PS. Pimps, you can ~12 hours more if you need to, I can't play until Tuesday evening anyway :)

- - - Updated - - -

Heading there now. Watching streamers and bug hunting.

You are watching streamers, in bed? Or are you watching streamers in bed?

The one might be okay, the other one, creepy :p

I think 4 people with combat builds, fighting only zombies, could all get to level 20 after an hour of gameplay.

***I'm guessing a bit, as they would need to get a steady stream of zombies, so maybe I'm wrong.***

"Combat build"? In the first hour of the game? Good luck with that. From what I've seen in MP streams lvl 20 is gonna be at least well into the first week. I'm sure someone will mod xp levels right off the bat and race there tho.

Heading there now. Watching streamers and bug hunting.

Brotha! lol you should be getting some rest!! You guys have been at it like crazy on the release! But, I know how it is, I get too excited or see too much code in my head or a fix pops in, mind goes 1000Mph and you can't help get up and say "I gotta do this now because if I don't it will bug me all night" type attitude. Well that's most of us fellow programmers mental states when grinding on projects and eager to get it done. LOL

The console command for changing FOV does work. I had Kage test it on fridayevening when we noticed the slider was no longer there.

It's "sg OptionsFieldOfView 90". It doesn't change on the fly though and only seemed to work before launching the world (so before continueing the game).

So changing the FOV is definitely possible in experimental.

Joel mentioned on stream that it was taken out for performance reasons.

Thank you for this it is much appreciated.

I swear if this does work and TFP NURFs our ability to use this console command I'm gonna be so angry.

I've been silently following these boards for a while (bought the game in 2014 but registered only recently as I started playing it seriously only last year) and this is the main worry with A17.

I can adapt to pretty much every change you guys throw at us, but if the game gives me migraines and makes me nauseous... I'm out.

Please, adjustable fov, I can't do with small fovs (reason why I can't play on consoles most of the time)...

Edit: Thanks for the info unholyjoe.

I can "almost" say ditto to this entire post (except I purchased my 7dtd Mar 2015).

I hate FPS games in general BECAUSE of FOV issues.

I too can get migraines and feel nauseated by screen movement if FOV is not set correctly for my own personal comfort.

@Unholyjoe

Will changing the settings you mentioned only work if playing / hosting from my own computer? (aka local game w hubby only)

OR..

Can the settings be used on the dedicated server we play on with others without destroying their FOV?

Unfortunately for me I LOVE 7dtd too much to go play something else.. so pls, pls, pls bring back the FOV slider.

Ta muchly :)

---

p.s. Based on the multi-twitch I wached this weekend (30+ hours!):

The a17 changes look fantastic (even if it's harder and will scare the crud out of me even more).

Beautiful scenery and much smoother transitions not forgetting the wonderful new textures.

Thank you all so much for your hard work to bring us such an amazing game. :)

Sorry. No timer. The update time is not like a scheduled appointment or like catching a bus.

If the first release candidate doesn’t work out then there will be fixes and then a new build created and tested.

So we set a timer and when it completes and we can’t release it because reasons everyone says we lied and broke promises.

The plan is for Monday just as soon as a viable build is ready. It won’t be the same build the streamers played. It will be a new build with several fixes. We hope that your experience will be even better than what you saw.

Ppl will lose their ♥♥♥♥ if the test candidate is broken and release gets moved to Tuesday :)

Ppl will lose their ♥♥♥♥ if the test candidate is broken and release gets moved to Tuesday :)

LOL oh man I can just imagine the reactions, you are right some people would lose their minds.

I'm not one of those guys though I can deal with a delay it isn't the end of the world.

"Combat build"? In the first hour of the game? Good luck with that. From what I've seen in MP streams lvl 20 is gonna be at least well into the first week. I'm sure someone will mod xp levels right off the bat and race there tho.

My "data" was Games4Kicks fought zombies and looted for about 30 minutes around a Shamway and went up 3 levels.

So 4 people if they all fought as hard would have gained 12 levels.

Double that, 24 levels

Add some time for food and water -4 levels.

= 20 levels in one hour. Its Possible. (unless exp per level rises sharply at some point)

Sorry. No timer. The update time is not like a scheduled appointment or like catching a bus.

If the first release candidate doesn’t work out then there will be fixes and then a new build created and tested.

So we set a timer and when it completes and we can’t release it because reasons everyone says we lied and broke promises.

The plan is for Monday just as soon as a viable build is ready. It won’t be the same build the streamers played. It will be a new build with several fixes. We hope that your experience will be even better than what you saw.

Love this!

Who cares ? We wait for so long - a few Days more are not the Problem. I am surprised how good the Versions worked at the Stream Events.

So ... fasten your Seatbelts - something big is gona happen ...

I'm impressed with what I've seen. Vultures might be a bit OP, but it does make things interesting! :)

Archived