Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I don't know.. I feel like Roland is really more optimistic in his comments, kind of "it's really progressing well now and we are getting there". This is just a wild guess taken out of my ass, but man I'm feeling better this month. Who knows

Hope you got a big ass, then.. :c I've got your back though dw.. ready to catch the sweet steaming A17. <3

Yep, because cross-cultural cooperation between two countries with wildly different measuring systems has never caused problems...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_Climate_Orbiter

Yeah, I remember that... :(

- - - Updated - - -

Where did you get this information? And this screenshot?

I don't know who did it but it would be great if an NPC could be driving it around on the main roads. Picking up players and even other NPC's and taking them places, in real time. :)

Was just looking at developer list and got to thinking, does it make any sense to say we are closer than ever before. What does it even mean. For instance, I am going to try to raise $100,000 for a dream computer....as of right now I have.......(counting...).....$6.85.

If I added 15 cents to make it an even $7.00 I can technically say I am closer than ever before.

Just something that popped in my head. Depressing isn't it.

The idea, not my head...well maybe.

Carry on :D

I don't know who did it but it would be great if an NPC could be driving it around on the main roads. Picking up players and even other NPC's and taking them places, in real time. :)

Come on, there is no civilization anymore. Next you will ask for a shop where you can buy anything. Oh wait... :crushed:

Image editor, clone 100%, flip image horizontally, Puu_ush app. snapshot of screen. or something like that, original bus, is left hand driver, and the flat is shown from the other side. This is european drive.

Most of europe have left hand drive cars and drive on the right, only the UK, Cyprus and Malta have right hand drive and drive on the left.

:)

Practicing canned responses should be kept private. FYI

Good lord, why do people have to be so danged douchey? "Here, let me be snarky in a manner that says nothing and accomplishes nothing except making me feel better about myself because I can dog on something else."

And no, it's not hypocrisy, because there's no snark in my post. Your comment was pure insult, and absolutely unwarranted. Go be an arse somewhere else. Good grief.

A guess is better than no guess.

I'd say Halloweeeeen sounds like the propppper time to release it.

What say you fellllas?

Good marketing if done at least a week before Halloween, otherwise people will be going to parties and it would not be as big a deal IMO.

***I am looking forward to designing my first A17 character for sure! As I don't know what the abundance of ammo is and, for me, melee is more TWD, I will focus my first character down that line.

Come on, there is no civilization anymore. Next you will ask for a shop where you can buy anything. Oh wait... :crushed:

Actually, there is. They are on 6 currently. Just got Rise and Fall on sale... (Taking turns between that and Ravenhearst...)

(And while Steam does have a lot of things I like (VR), I do occasionally use GOG.)

; - )

I'd like to know more about the dumpster fire mechanics in A17. Does it use gas and are Zs attracted to the light?

Sure. Zeds and rabbits (because) now come with their own mini dumpster fire attached to their back, which they then throw at whatever, whenever it suits their fancy. Due to the complexity or not of this system and our indecision on the exact temperature of the fire, the game may be delayed until 3019, but it probably won't due to the team of leprechaun polar bear ninj..............................

Correct. Anything that paths on the ground is using that system.

Are there plans to bring back 1 block ingress for these entities? I understand that the entire pathing system has changed but crawlers and dogs now being unable to crawl through a 1 block opening is quite the regression from A16.

Zombies do not go through 1x1 openings. The pathing grid is a shared resource and is designed for 2m tall paths.

Surely you can create an instance of the pathing grid for specific actors/entities like crawlers or dogs. If not I feel that the new system was poorly designed from the get go.

Personally I think any new systems in the future should be thoroughly thought through to allow expansion and some variations. This limitation of only allowing 2m tall pathing be it by design or accident is a poor choice in my personal opinion, and it seems many other members agree.

But apart from all that I still look forward to the overall patch and look forward to its drop. :smile-new:

Archived