Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

As much as i would like to see a bug tracker, i don't think this forum could handle it.

If they exposed their bug list/tracker, the forum would explode every time new bugs were added to the list, there would be endless debates on if it was a bug or cool new feature, what priority they should be fixed in, are they important enough to fix/hold up release, and most annoyingly, everyone putting in their 2 cents on "how" they should be fixed.

It has been stated many times that the devs have a vision and a plan...and that we are basically along for the ride. They read our posts and may take them into consideration, but do not change the plan just because of our posts. If they were coding towards the vocal minority, the game would be completely different (and a new vocal minority would arise).

I am actually happy with the feedback we have been getting in the past couple of weeks...although i would like to see some more gameplay videos like the rest of you...but 30 minutes of video and an hour to edit/process/upload is 90 minutes that could be used to work towards fixing something...those hours add up fast.

I think carefully selected screenshots would suffice. @roland you can make this happen I'm sure. 😅

Edit: No more terrain photos please. Lol (no offense MM)

If there was a time to consider this change it would of been before they converted all of their POIs into the new mini dungeon format to save them time having to rework them.

Why would you need to rework the POI's? You can already knock a hole in the wall to bypass the suggested path, with a very slow movement speed while crawling it would make escaping any sleepers you may wake inside even more difficult. This adds challenge, it doesn't detract from it.

Come on, there is no civilization anymore. Next you will ask for a shop where you can buy anything. Oh wait... :crushed:

Actually, there is. They are on 6 currently. Just got Rise and Fall on sale... (Taking turns between that and Ravenhearst...)

(And while Steam does have a lot of things I like (VR), I do occasionally use GOG.)

???? No me comprende. I'm sorry, could you explain your joke? Or at least that "They are on 6 currently".

Sid Meiers Civilisation game series was his point. I absolutely hate turnbased games. I was always more of interested in age of empires.

Thanks Gav. I had thought the 'Rise and Fall' would be a pretty good hint. (Meg must have been in deep thought mode...)

I am not a 'big fan' of RTS. (That doesn't mean I don't have hundreds, or that I don't like any. Huge fan of Railroad RTS games.) It feels way to much like pause festing and whack-a-moling. Focus is seems more quick-time thinking and dexterity than deep thought. My opinion is turn based games just provide a more realistic way of of allowing you time to take in as much as you can. Because games are almost never in real time, it's an 'abstraction' to represent in real life you would have more time to contemplate.

I guess you didn't grow up playing chess with your dad. (Gazz - did you? (your previous chess post) Rhetorical. Mostly.)

(Whew. That multi-quoting takes a little effort... Don't know what the multi-quote option is for. Doesn't seem to do anything for me.)

thank you Roland, i wanted to post something similar but i knew there would and will be opposition. :)

Am I the only one that sees your blue name, blue text, and glowy blue-tinted avatar, and reads everything you type as if you are a Force ghost? :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25190[/ATTACH]

1. I suspect you would not have been the ONLY one. (My name 'cough'...)

2. Thank you for recognizing the awesomeness of the lead testers (esp Mr. Joe).

3. Thank you for associating blue with a force of goodness.

4. I am wondering when the universe will explode like matter/anti-matter because something 'unholy' is now associated with awesome goodness. (Could we be seeing the makings of a DarthJoe or JoeVader OR JediJoe or JoeJedi?)

JediJoe. So many connotations...

:positive:

Thanks Gav. I had thought the 'Rise and Fall' would be a pretty good hint. (Meg must have been in deep thought mode...)

I am not a 'big fan' of RTS. (That doesn't mean I don't have hundreds, or that I don't like any. Huge fan of Railroad RTS games.) It feels way to much like pause festing and whack-a-moling. Focus is seems more quick-time thinking and dexterity than deep thought. My opinion is turn based games just provide a more realistic way of of allowing you time to take in as much as you can. Because games are almost never in real time, it's an 'abstraction' to represent in real life you would have more time to contemplate.

I guess you didn't grow up playing chess with your dad. (Gazz - did you? (your previous chess post) Rhetorical. Mostly.)

(Whew. That multi-quoting takes a little effort... Don't know what the multi-quote option is for. Doesn't seem to do anything for me.)

If you like slower paced RTS, have you ever played Supreme Commander? That game has quite slower pace and requires quite a lot of actual tactical thinking without having to micromanage too much. I wish they would make new RTS games like that today. A proper mix-up with SupCom and CIV with destroyable/buildable voxel world would be my dream strategy game...

1. I suspect you would not have been the ONLY one. (My name 'cough'...)

2. Thank you for recognizing the awesomeness of the lead testers (esp Mr. Joe).

3. Thank you for associating blue with a force of goodness.

4. I am wondering when the universe will explode like matter/anti-matter because something 'unholy' is now associated with awesome goodness. (Could we be seeing the makings of a DarthJoe or JoeVader OR JediJoe or JoeJedi?)

JediJoe. So many connotations...

:positive:

<rolls eyes around>

lead.... when i lead, its only to lead myself to a rock and hide and hope no one sees me :)

are there still suprises for A17 that we dont know?

Aside from a few (possibly accidental) seconds in an early video which showed new aquatic plants TFP have been very careful not to show large bodies of water in anything we've seen. I have a suspicion there's been some work done to the aquatic biome although I doubt water physics have been changed yet.

I hope after all this wait this alpha is ass smooth as a zombies butt.. I also hope there are some surprise features we haven't seen!!

I think “smooth as a zombie’s butt” is achievable. Thanks for keeping your expectations reasonable. If you had said “baby’s butt” I would’ve been worried about your level of disappointment.

Chess is all about working with restrictions.

Nerd. :D <3

- - - Updated - - -

I think “smooth as a zombie’s butt” is achievable. Thanks for keeping your expectations reasonable. If you had said “baby’s butt” I would’ve been worried about your level of disappointment.

Speaking of which. A17 gonna bring the dreaded baby zombies we we're all afraid of when the daycare POI came out?

Could put ya in a bit of a conundrum. :D

What kind of game would you prefer: one whose difficulty is based on restricting the player, or one whose difficulty is dictated by smart enemy AI for example?

Should that smart enemy AI have "more freedom and less restrictions" as well?

Archived