Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

So in your analogy we'll say broccoli is A16.4. When is the last time you spent 250 hours eating a single serving of broccoli?

To be honest, after 3 weeks of American food I was looking forward to broccoli ^-^

And 250 hours for broccoli? You haven't seen my 5-year old nephew eating his veggies..!

- - - Updated - - -

Yay back to the possible useful posts

No!

So. Underground threaths, huh? They shouldn't be added, right?

Pretty much everything I mentioned before that is being worked on by programmers and designers like AI, pathfinding, vehicles, buffs, items, quests, RWG, sounds, UI are not using new engine features. They are still being worked on.

What counts as a status update? Does this count as a status update?

Yes, IMHO... that was an update. :smile-new:

If you guys could say something like the following occasionally would help the natives stop being so restless with the addition of maybe

LIKE :

"AI is finished but still polishing"

"Vehicles are 90% done"

"RWG Has a problem with POI's "

"New items are being created and tweeked should be done in a week"

"Interfacing the UI with the new engine"

ETC ETC...

I love these ideas! Hopefully TFP will add food spoilage to the game, or add in hooks for modders to create a food spoilage system. As it stands, food becomes so abundant after a few weeks, it's not even a consideration any more.

-A

I love the idea of more electrical toys to play with!

That would include a working fridge and food spoilage.

The problem, as I understand it, is that if you have a stack of 200 red mead each individual red meat has its own spoil timer and the game keeping track of all of those creates issues.

That being said I know that there are mods with spoilage and it works so I am in favor of it as long as we get working fridges to hook up to our power grids.

I would also be a fan of AC and Heat. AoE buffs that help offset the 120 degree heat in the desert and the crazy cold of the snow.

I believe some of the modders on here have said they will work on this with the new buff system, so looking forward to that.

It's called being southern. Sweetie, Darling, Hun, is our dude, man, homie, etc, it's just how we talk. Seeing how worked up you got over it was pretty funny though, I'll admit.

I thought I was on point with the southern theme.... No? lol. :D Pretty much throw any sweet food or shorten any sweet food an it's southern.

- - - Updated - - -

Not killing the thread. This thread won't change at all.

bahahaha... I'm sure it's purely in my head... But definitely read that with a hint of... emphasis, on the last sentence.

Thanks for splitting the thread Roland. Hope it wasn't too brutal of a task and this forum has good tools for such things. Much appreciated!

To be honest, after 3 weeks of American food I was looking forward to broccoli ^-^

And 250 hours for broccoli? You haven't seen my 5-year old nephew eating his veggies..!

- - - Updated - - -

No!

So. Underground threaths, huh? They shouldn't be added, right?

You just gave me an idea. A water table......It starts at 10 blocks down and is 20 blocks deep then stone to bedrock. This would at least give something to build around or incorporate into a design.

Just a quick question about the Quest system.

Will the new POI quests be available in RGW?

And If so, as there is able to be multiple instances of the quest POIs,

does it enable the closest one or all of them?

Quests are definitely in RWG but I'm not sure how it chooses which POI to use. An educated guess would be a random POI from a selection of relatively nearby POI's which are suitable and unclaimed.

- - - Updated - - -

You just gave me an idea. A water table......It starts at 10 blocks down and is 20 blocks deep then stone to bedrock. This would at least give something to build around or incorporate into a design.

When water gets an overhaul a water table is a great idea. Flooded caves to explore and the ever present risk of mining into a flooded chamber sound like fun.

Don't wanna kill anything except Zs.

We can try it again. It wasn't super popular the first time we got strict. But I'm willing to give it a go.

Cool, obviously I'm not savvy with deep forum lore :D Just to clarify. I maybe went overboard with my sarcastic depiction of some of this thread's content, but I have absolutely no issue with any of the fun stuff, or abstract directions and derailments in this thread. On different days and in different moods I participate in them. Technically all I'm asking for is a more appealing presentation of the core info ("first 2 posts bulletin" 2.0, if you will) of the upcoming iteration of our beautiful game, definitely not asking to shut this down, just to filter out the juicy (ontopic) stuff better..

Jeep passengers not likely, but the other is possible.

Making videos is not my thing.

Hey Faatal,

I want to say I recall madmole mentioning that passengers in vehicles was challenging. Does this mean passengers in vehicles isn't likely at all or just for A17?

No worries one way or another. Just curious. Thanks man.

Hey Faatal,

I want to say I recall madmole mentioning that passengers in vehicles was challenging. Does this mean passengers in vehicles isn't likely at all or just for A17?

No worries one way or another. Just curious. Thanks man.

I am remembering that also. I seem to remember them saying that they are not going into A17e at least. I think it was an issue with the game keeping track of positioning of each player.

Hopefully Faatal, or someone can confirm this.

Archived