Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

When I first starfted playing, encountered my first army base without knowing that there was such a thing as mines in the game. As I carefully approached the base, there was a big BANG sound and I died.

I thought for a long time that the army based had people in them and my character had been shot - so I avoided them. It was quite a while before I realised that they weren't still inhabited and it was actually mines around them.

That's a cool story (no sarcasm). :) Unfortunately for me and probably many other players, animals in the area gave it away before I encountered a mine myself.

C) Growing crops better - e.g. PH and Soil (Think red cabbage

E) Making preserved food in jars rather than just food in a can. Allow food to go off or lose its value over time unless it's preserved

8. Aquaponic/ Hydroponics system - have fish, a tank and allow people to make a hydroponics system that can grow food slowely.https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/481603753892733677/

I love these ideas! Hopefully TFP will add food spoilage to the game, or add in hooks for modders to create a food spoilage system. As it stands, food becomes so abundant after a few weeks, it's not even a consideration any more.

-A

Empyrion is the opposite extreme. Lets update it like twice a week. Why? Oh, you fixed ten bugs, but adjusted and added stuff? Changes make bugs, so you get new bugs to deal with. I was always waiting for the game to be done. It was always next month something is coming. I'm still waiting for a solid version to be done. Maybe be it has, but I stopped paying attention. Sure make updates, but leave me alone for 6 months to enjoy the game.

You dont have to update........they dont hold u at gunpoint. That being said Empyrion sucks. Massive empty worlds with one POI every 15 miles. No threats at all even compared with 7DTD. It just feels so lifeless.

I think what I have planned will work well. There will be a one week lag between what gets moved to the developer's diary from here. That way discussions can continue and I will scoop up developer posts and move them over. I think giving it a week's time for anyone to ask questions and get them answered and interact with one of the devs who is on should be enough time.

Good luck!

i catch up in the morning on the forum between when the original alarm goes off and when the second one does (snooze is a godsend) but man, my bladder cant take much more of this. i only need to read the first 5 words to see where a post is going but it takes soooooo long to find anything worth reading

Noted. *plans exploit to NukemDed's method*

I promise that an estimate will be seen as a promise and I estimate a huge backlash from those who felt promised by our estimate and so promise never to estimate again.

It's done when it's done.

"LIKE"

Dont forget this is 'their' game guys. a little appreciation goes a long way. Love the work you guys do TFP!

I do wonder Roland though, a couple of years ago you guys seemed to put out a release every 3 to 6 months. Now they seem yearly. Do you think it would be better to have smaller release windows with smaller amount of work to be added within each cycle? Only due to the fact that when a glitch happens like this time, there is less to go back and try to fix?

Saying all that, the people out here really dont understand that its not just a case of updating the game. This work is 'project managed' isnt it. And it goes through a development phase cycle. Im sure you guys have to Plan the work first, design drawings, concepts, meet as staff, whats in whats out. Why is it going in ect, is it just cool or does it add to the story ect. Then it has to be designed, all the completed models ect. Then you have to develop it, code it, and then evaluate it later...

... my point is people scream "why isnt my game done" or "why isnt this feature added" etc, and as the game gets larger and more complex, it propably takes a full year to go through that developmental cycle.

... and thats also not taking into consideration, people have holidays, babies, families, deaths, health/sickness, layoffs, hirings, new training etc etc etc...

All I can say is thank you for a wonderful game. I think if your making something you're passionate about 'you are living the dream' and if we get to take that ride along with you, then 'what a journey huh'!

My new friend and yes he does more than glow.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25141[/ATTACH]

Whoa whoa whoa, hold on there bucko. How did you get to 19:40 on day 4? You shouldn't have had enough time off from working on the game to play that long. Did you slip out of your ankle cuff again? I swear to God if TFPs don't take some of the billions they made on this game and upgrade the security on the devs then this game will never get done.

Someone has been on a serious cleaning spree, Early hours i left the forum on page 2277. Repel the salt :)

Ah.. That explains why when I refresh my browser in the morning to wade through the trenches, the link is like 40+ pages lower than when I left it off, ha.

My new friend and yes he does more than glow.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25141[/ATTACH]

No permission to open the image :(

But let us spread that faatal confirms pets are in the game!!! ... pets like zombie bears and dire wolves and now glowing vultures. Just too bad they try to kill you when you order them to sit ;)

Well. That. Or you ordered a single meal, and the waiter is bringing you the pieces of it one at a time. First a piece of broccoli. Then 2 potatoes. Some more broccoli. The mayonnaise. But the steak is overdue. The waiter said it will be done when it's done. And then you see a steak-restaurant opening on the other side of the street.

All these food-examples don't mean anything. And one can make up whatever they want.

Tamarians (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darmok) would disagree. A metaphor/analogy is like the pepper on the steak, not strictly neccessary but sharpens the taste. The steak-restaurant on the other side skimps on pepper by the way

:smile-new:

So, basically all areas are still being worked on? No single area has been finished (for A17e, I mean)?

In a previous post Fataal mentioned that his areas seem fit for release but there are enough minor bugs or opportunities for polishing left to keep him occupied.

Well. That. Or you ordered a single meal, and the waiter is bringing you the pieces of it one at a time. First a piece of broccoli. Then 2 potatoes. Some more broccoli. The mayonnaise. But the steak is overdue. The waiter said it will be done when it's done. And then you see a steak-restaurant opening on the other side of the street.

All these food-examples don't mean anything. And one can make up whatever they want.

So in your analogy we'll say broccoli is A16.4. When is the last time you spent 250 hours eating a single serving of broccoli?

Archived