Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I requested this change months ago. Roland said they had tried to limit it, but ended up letting it go because people were having so much “fun”...

TL;DR Good luck with that

You did and so have others and now this one was the final straw. My guilty feelings over having been so emojitiously naughty pushed me over the edge into giving those who want more professionalism what they want. :)

I think what I have planned will work well. There will be a one week lag between what gets moved to the developer's diary from here. That way discussions can continue and I will scoop up developer posts and move them over. I think giving it a week's time for anyone to ask questions and get them answered and interact with one of the devs who is on should be enough time.

We can try it again. It wasn't super popular the first time we got strict. But I'm willing to give it a go.

please do.

nuke (lol) the trolls. they are so obvious it isnt funny.

actually it is, because people get triggered and spout off and all we hear is blah blah blah

maybe set a list of off topic subjects

early access for and against

personal game play styles

streamers being given a MASSIVE 3, yes 3 (shocking!) day head start on the more 'deserving' users

gramer and engrish interpretations

hey, cover yourself and conduct a poll of what kind of diatribe we don't want to see.

i catch up in the morning on the forum between when the original alarm goes off and when the second one does (snooze is a godsend) but man, my bladder cant take much more of this. i only need to read the first 5 words to see where a post is going but it takes soooooo long to find anything worth reading

You already got your "food" order. Then they made a better dish and gave that to you for free. Then another and another aaaannnddd another....... This has been done 16 times. So you got 16 "food orders" for the price of one. Shut up about how long the next free order is taking.

Well. That. Or you ordered a single meal, and the waiter is bringing you the pieces of it one at a time. First a piece of broccoli. Then 2 potatoes. Some more broccoli. The mayonnaise. But the steak is overdue. The waiter said it will be done when it's done. And then you see a steak-restaurant opening on the other side of the street.

All these food-examples don't mean anything. And one can make up whatever they want.

You should show Faatal how to get a television to work in a vanilla 7DTD game.

Oh gosh not that video again ;) When my YT subs watched it, it was 50 likes and 1 dislike. Then people who randomly caught the video without having any idea of my habit of occasionally pranking, the next reactions was another 50 likes, + 50 DISlikes. People took it so seriously, and few bothered to actually read the description to see the NEXT video which was how to video edit and mod to make it look like that, as an answer to a frequent question I got of how I did it in my videos.

People take it so seriously!

That said, I do understand at least the new unity engine does have a video player, so TFP could if they wanted put in a working tv which pulls from a user input URL. I wish they would! No need for new video content, we'd just be pulling it off say a youtube URL or some such, and it'd work just fine.

That would by itself almost make up for a long A17 wait for me ;) Imagine, running classes in 7DTD survival IN GAME ... with tutorials on a video screen ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Jeep passengers not likely, but the other is possible.

Making videos is not my thing.

I offer my humble services. But suppose I'll have to wait until release. :)

Can we get the passenger seat thing configurable, just disabled in vanilla? As opposed to hard coded, which we can't even play around with even if we wanted to?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25143[/ATTACH]

Are you guys also having this issue? I can't see the actual Steam reviews for 7 Days. I can only see the most recent reviews, but not the overall ones.

Same on my side. It says no user reviews. Maybe something went wrong, or was disabled temporarily?

Pretty much everything I mentioned before that is being worked on by programmers and designers like AI, pathfinding, vehicles, buffs, items, quests, RWG, sounds, UI are not using new engine features. They are still being worked on.

What counts as a status update? Does this count as a status update?

So, basically all areas are still being worked on? No single area has been finished (for A17e, I mean)?

That would make for a great status update, which would completely not frustrate the playerbase :)

In case: /s

- - - Updated - - -

Same on my side. It says no user reviews. Maybe something went wrong, or was disabled temporarily?

Yeah, I guess so.

Or it's the Illuminati!

That said, I do understand at least the new unity engine does have a video player, so TFP could if they wanted put in a working tv which pulls from a user input URL. I wish they would! No need for new video content, we'd just be pulling it off say a youtube URL or some such, and it'd work just fine.

That would be a great way to do tutorials in-game, perhaps have a few instructional videos scattered around the trader posts. A simple animation with a voice-over by trader Joel or, dare I say, Roland's dulcet tones.

A large number of them playing in a single area might be more than a little detrimental to the frame rate but a few TV's with a button that only play the video once wouldn't have too much of an affect.

I can already see the mod for a Jumbo-tron style massive billboard playing random advertisements on the side of large buildings.

I enjoy your ability to make everything fit into the game somehow.

I can see the forums perfectly now.

The blimp (that you game me) really helps a lot! I did have some difficultly putting my Jeep (that Roland gave me) with the .50 cal MG in the cargo bay area. But my team of zombie bear assault troops (that Gazz gave me) crammed it in there... cant drive it again... ever.

But its just a game. Its a dang good game for sure and one must keep a perspective on things. :)

Game ideas

This is the Alpha 17 development discussions thread where you can discuss all matters pertaining to A17 development. You can ask the developers questions and give feedback and share ideas.

Each week all developer responses from the previous week will be moved to the Official A17 Developer Diary for Developers which is a locked thread. In this way discussions between developers and players can happen unimpeded until they run their course and then the comments of the developers can be put in one place for easy reading later.

In addition, updates by other staff members will also be made to the official development diary. We hope that in this way the community can still have an enjoyable time discussing Alpha 17 without diluting the news from the developers.

Ok some ideas:

1. Prepping - You could add a theme of prepping into the game. example,. POI of a prepper base or camp "that didnt make it, or are armed to the teeth and if you come near they open up on you perhaps with turrets etc.

2. Perhaps new ways to distil water, to take contaminated to clean via solar still. Only gives a bottle a day sort of thing. Knock it up with glass, wood and a beaker? https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/424605071093023094/

3. DIY wind turbine for power. Variable power so it goes up and down a bit. https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/143341200620936867/ - Made from Electrical parts, Car radiator, fan blades

4. A lot more trap ideas - Pungi stakes, trip/ snare wires/ bear traps

5. The gyrocoper... gyrocoper.. did I say... Gyrocopter :-p

6. Black solar hot water heater - https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/498632989965668278/ - Maybe for heating up houses in cold?

7. CHEMISTRY - oh my gosh did you see the latest minecraft update. The education edition (not encouraging you to copy), but I am :-). The science skill should increase your ability to make certain things. Like gunpowder etc.

So many ideas where the science skill could be more useful.

a) Make hydrogen gas - for really high level hydrogen fuel cell, or really low level (unstable it could blow) gas bomb

b) Make breathing apparatus for underwater (think butane bottle, hose, helmet)

C) Growing crops better - e.g. PH and Soil (Think red cabbage

D) Make Soap - Gain health back due to hygene (Need fat, charcol)

E) Making preserved food in jars rather than just food in a can. Allow food to go off or lose its value over time unless it's preserved

F) GLOWSTICKS! 24 hours time limit.. early game use

- Im just thinking of ways it could be a 'lil' educational as well as fun along with the whole prepper/ survival ideas

8. Aquaponic/ Hydroponics system - have fish, a tank and allow people to make a hydroponics system that can grow food slowely.https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/481603753892733677/

9. DRONES - is it possible to have a remote control drone that you can see out of to explore the world. battery live of 30 sec/ 60sec/ 90sec for levels. https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/441282463481937764/

my 2 cents

What you want DOES NOT MATTER

What you believe DOES NOT MATTER

What you 'need' DOES NOT MATTER

What you demand DOES NOT MATTER

You are not entitled to ANYTHING

You do not deserve ANYTHING

...but my feelings got hurt!! Surely there must be a law to protect my feelings!!! :D

I have read the last 20 pages and finally caught up...

The trick is to only read the posts by people with colored names! :D (...and some other bright guys if you remember their avatars)

You did and so have others and now this one was the final straw. My guilty feelings over having been so emojitiously naughty pushed me over the edge into giving those who want more professionalism what they want. :)

I think what I have planned will work well. There will be a one week lag between what gets moved to the developer's diary from here. That way discussions can continue and I will scoop up developer posts and move them over. I think giving it a week's time for anyone to ask questions and get them answered and interact with one of the devs who is on should be enough time.

out-of-business-2.jpg.61bb99e1523092c263465d32d75589a1.jpg

Archived