Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I promise that an estimate will be seen as a promise and I estimate a huge backlash from those who felt promised by our estimate and so promise never to estimate again.

It's done when it's done.

Is there at least a "Definatly not before" date ?

Much easyer to do something else if you dont fear to miss it.

And because even that can be missunderstood say simply a random sentence with a number ^^

in my mind i fill these number in the folowing sentence

"A17e will not be released the next X days"

"My cars max speed is 14"

:fat:

I promise that an estimate will be seen as a promise and I estimate a huge backlash from those who felt promised by our estimate and so promise never to estimate again.

Just say A17E will be out sometime by the end of 2030. If it comes out earlier, it's a bonus.

Just say A17E will be out sometime by the end of 2030. If it comes out earlier, it's a bonus.

But then someone like Royal Deluxe will come along and say: "They used the number 30 in the sentence! A17e released on 9/30 confirmed!

(No offence meant Royal. Just using you as an example.)

Is there at least a "Definatly not before" date ?

Yes. Definitely not before 1492. Because the game is developed in North-America and NA indigenous people were not known to use computers at that time. At least nothing more modern than an 80186.

:smile-new:

EDIT: Make that 1497. Even if Columbus brought his laptop with him, you then need some time to develop the game.

Yes. Definitely not before 1492.

EDIT: Make that 1497. Even if Columbus brought his laptop with him, you then need some time to develop the game.

It took Columbus five years to develop the game? What a moron! No wonder his development company failed. He should have hired more programmers, not switched to Unity 1496, and stopped being so greedy with his kickstarter money.

BOOM! And now we get a Devil? :devilish: !

Does that mean it died, was tested and came back with a vengence??? EEK...

Or does it mean they are Done and changed it to mess with us all looking for the angel!!!!

Please,Please,Please be done!! :)

Emojis are not tracking A17e release according to Roland who is putting them on there.

Emojis are not tracking A17e release according to Roland who is putting them on there.

Oh but they are!

Every time he changes the emoji(s), it means they can only be changed 1 less time till A17e comes out.:dispirited:

...srry, had to do it. :playful:

enlight me, really no idea.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Any intel how the work on A17 looks. Dont want to read through so many pages.

Last info i had was end of the month would be very very optimistic.

(A "not the next 7 days" would be enough ^^)

I would go with 'not the next month'. I think somewhere in November? December perhaps?

Correct. I've said this about 3 times before. Still in development where we are it.

Buffs, skills, quests, items, recipes, RWG, UI, AI, vehicles, sound, etc are all still being finished and debugged.

Just out of curiousity; are there any areas (for which you are (partly) responsible), which you think are more-or-less done for A17e? If so, which ones?

- - - Updated - - -

.. .And then MM comes in with a Tweet with a date ^-^

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, why the rush? It's better that they do it well, than that they do it fast.

/s

- - - Updated - - -

It took Columbus five years to develop the game? What a moron! No wonder his development company failed. He should have hired more programmers, not switched to Unity 1496, and stopped being so greedy with his kickstarter money.

Well, to be fair. He had a lot of bugs!

.. Which he then promptly put on blankets to give to the natives!

/Making improper jokes since 1989

Logic cannot penetrate the tinfoil hat....

To be fair, people might have gotten the idea that MM gameplay would be a weekly or bi-weekly affair. I have not the slightest idea if that was just an unfounded presumption or because of previous MM gameplay events.

So when gameplay video number two didn't surface it gave the impression that videos from MM were "missing". Sure, wrong impressions from rumors, but I fell for it as well. I was actually surprised that MMs video output is so regular even after July when I checked now.

No no, Columbus was too good a bussiness man to do it himself. If he had the laptop with him he would have leased it to whoever needed it. 1497 is just a lower bound, most likely a game company wanting to lease the device would have had to pay premium rates and needed other income sources to stay afloat. That would take time and delay development far into the 16th century.

Other delays surely would have come because of different customs at that time. Witch burnings might have cost the live of any female programmers, Sunday could not be used for development or streaming, at all. The war with the French would impact the coffee trade, and lets not forget what the total absence of pizza means to development !

Seriously, release is currently at least 2 weeks away. On Monday (1.10)- if we are lucky - they announce that its ready. That means that on Friday (05.10) the screamers get it, and if there are no serious bugs (*lol*) we get a first experimental the week after.

It fits. Thx.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25129[/ATTACH]

That is awesome. How about the doors that swing open to the sides that we all use for garage doors...will it fit through there? seems it would be kinda tight and going through after going over the drawbridge would be tighter since it would be offset by a block...maybe we will get some doors that are as wide as the drawbridge?

Well, to be fair. He had a lot of bugs!

.. Which he then promptly put on blankets to give to the natives!

/Making improper jokes since 1989

Ouch! (That's not a summons, Ouch.) If only that was the type of bugs that he gave to them. AI pathing problems or clipping probably would have been much easier to deal with than small pox.

No no, Columbus was too good a bussiness man to do it himself. If he had the laptop with him he would have leased it to whoever needed it. 1497 is just a lower bound, most likely a game company wanting to lease the device would have had to pay premium rates and needed other income sources to stay afloat. That would take time and delay development far into the 16th century.

Other delays surely would have come because of different customs at that time. Witch burnings might have cost the live of any female programmers, Sunday could not be used for development or streaming, at all. The war with the French would impact the coffee trade, and lets not forget what the total absence of pizza means to development !

I'm trying to follow your metaphor: Are you saying that we won't get A17 until sometime in the 22nd Century?!

Well, maybe for 2020´s june... the wait is awful, I have seen so much games created from the scrap in the time this game just gets 2 updates...

Yep. I've also seen multiple gaming companies close in the time since TFP came into existence. What does this mean? Well, it certainly tells me nothing about TFP.

Definitely NOT happening in the month of September and most likely NOT the first weekend of October and probably NOT the second weekend of October and maybe NOT the third weekend of October. And beyond that-- who knows?

It's NOT done when it's NOT done...?

I would like if you have said all of this without the "NOT":

Definitely happening in the month of September and most likely the first weekend of October and probably the second weekend of October and maybe the third weekend of October. And beyond that-- who knows?

It's done when it's done...!

Archived