Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Do have an OC program like EVGA Precision so you can set your fan curve? A lot of these video cards can improve by just tweaking the fan curve. Lots run hot and suffer from thermo-throttling from the factory.

I do not have an OC Program. I don't really mess with such thing since I am not secure enough and I don't know what I am doing. I am to worried about breaking something. 7 Days works good for me now. I just cringe a little when I hear HD-Textures XD.

Anyways, thank you for asking and giving me a Hint.

I believe that duration means how long until the next wave. You won’t get more than the 3 waves. If you kill a wave fast then you wait for the duration until the next one.

Also note that the zombies per player in the menu settings overrides the maxalive value. If max alive is 100 but your settings are 8 per player and you are alone you will only get 8 zeds at a time. 2 players will get you 16 and 3 will get 24 and so on but it will still be 3 waves only and the faster you kill them the faster you will run out of zombies before the night is done.

Okay, thanks. Yea, I changed duration to = 2 and set num to 300 and MaxAlive to 35. I doubt I can wipe out 300 Zeds in 2 game hours so the waves should be continuous until dawn for a 10pm to 4am bloodmoon.

Hehe I wouldn't be surprised.

The wife and I spent a week driving around in Utah, Montana, Idaho & Wyoming in a very, very compact Toyota Yaris. I kinda felt out of place between the trucks there. I've seen units driving around which were bigger than the dorm I slept in as a university student!

You're better off with gas prices. OPEC isn't upping oil production so prices will stay relatively high. You should of gotten a EV. Stick it to 'em

A simple Question.

On 2256 Pages i read a lot of changes in A17. But ...

What if they changed to much ? What if they build "a new Game" that i dont like ?

Of corse ... i can play with A16 and ignore A17.

But ... i hate this questions ...

Don't look at it as a Change, but as an Improvement. Every Alpha so far has improved the Game. So to put your Mind at Ease - If you are still here waiting for A17 after all the other "Changes", then you have nothing to worry about.

Hehe I wouldn't be surprised.

The wife and I spent a week driving around in Utah, Montana, Idaho & Wyoming in a very, very compact Toyota Yaris. I kinda felt out of place between the trucks there. I've seen units driving around which were bigger than the dorm I slept in as a university student!

In that wide-open country, that's pretty standard. It's about the same here in Texas. Trucks are needed for work, but they also are a status symbol: the bigger, the better.

I think 7D2D should have a huge, dually truck with leather seats and Bluetooth and you have to pay 98,000 for it.

My server admin once tried combatting the veterans lack of challenege 'end game' by restarting the server and telling us he was going to crank up the difficulty past what he usually set his little vanilla server to after a point to better scale with our skills and resources. This was great for us, for a while, but it also discouraged server growth. We had a server with all these slots open that had been getting players around the clock, but this increase in difficulty for new players meant unless we spoiled their 'immersion' by giving them materials people usually got flattenned. We more often than not just got people coming in, getting freebies and then playing a for a short time and leaving or chain dying abit and going someplace else.

I recalled thinking the auto scaling for skyrim was weird sometimes back when I played that before modding it to get the game to feel just right. I keep thinking we need something like that. But honestly, how to do it, I'm not sure. =/ I don't think bethedesa quite got it right either.

Honestly, right now, changing the difficulty just means you die faster from fewer hits etc. Upping the number of zeds and duration of waves during bloodmoon is the better way to go imo. Usually, people go WAY overboard on their bases and Zeds don't even break through the first line of defense before bloodmoon is over. Assuming the server can handle it, intensifying the bloodmoon and duration may actually challenge those vets. Novices can always back out until they're strong enough to tackle it

You're better off with gas prices. OPEC isn't upping oil production so prices will stay relatively high. You should of gotten a EV. Stick it to 'em

Well.. I'm working for a Petroleum Company, so I'd shoot myself in the foot with that ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

In that wide-open country, that's pretty standard. It's about the same here in Texas. Trucks are needed for work, but they also are a status symbol: the bigger, the better.

I think 7D2D should have a huge, dually truck with leather seats and Bluetooth and you have to pay 98,000 for it.

Hehe, yeah I've seen in it videos and all that. It's just quite impressive to see them for real! If I see one driving here in Holland or Germany, my wife and I say something of the sort: 'Ah, he/she has to compensate for something..'

So we hear the new update is going to blow our minds but where are all the sneak peaks of the new update we haven't seen anything in a month. We have seen more negative then positive we seen telltale shut down, we dont get updates about 7d2d so how do we know its actually coming, an not just word say that its coming?

So we hear the new update is going to blow our minds but where are all the sneak peaks of the new update we haven't seen anything in a month. We have seen more negative then positive we seen telltale shut down, we dont get updates about 7d2d so how do we know its actually coming, an not just word say that its coming?

What about faatal's posts doesn't constitute "updates" to you?

At any rate, the phrase "In Pimps We Trust" didn't arise out of nowhere.

Hehe, yeah I've seen in it videos and all that. It's just quite impressive to see them for real! If I see one driving here in Holland or Germany, my wife and I say something of the sort: 'Ah, he/she has to compensate for something..'

I've seen a stretched Humvee trying to navigate a British city, it was hilarious. If he'd met another one coming the other way the traffic would have been at a standstill for hours :-)

What about faatal's posts doesn't constitute "updates" to you?

At any rate, the phrase "In Pimps We Trust" didn't arise out of nowhere.

For me seeing xml files arent really seeing the game for me I need to see gameplay I need to see the updates we all been waiting for, for a year. and with everything going on I think we all deserve to see some gameplay or at least hear an idea when the exp is actually going to drop like this is dragging on for a while now, and now telletale has shut down there side to develping 7d2d so it doesnt really say that the fun pimps arent going though a financial issues. Could be why we havent gotten any kinda idea when the game is going to come out.

For me seeing xml files arent really seeing the game for me I need to see gameplay I need to see the updates we all been waiting for, for a year. and with everything going on I think we all deserve to see some gameplay or at least hear an idea when the exp is actually going to drop like this is dragging on for a while now, and now telletale has shut down there side to develping 7d2d so it doesnt really say that the fun pimps arent going though a financial issues. Could be why we havent gotten any kinda idea when the game is going to come out.

99% of software development is invisible to the end user. Fataal is showing you the cake when all you want to see is the icing. It may not seem like you're seeing the game but in fact you're seeing far more of the game than a couple of pretty textures and a physics engine.

TellTale's fall has largely been attributed to toxic management and 7dtd is touted as one of their most profitable investments. Have no fear.

99% of software development is invisible to the end user. Fataal is showing you the cake when all you want to see is the icing. It may not seem like you're seeing the game but in fact you're seeing far more of the game than a couple of pretty textures and a physics engine.

TellTale's fall has largely been attributed to toxic management and 7dtd is touted as one of their most profitable investments. Have no fear.

I know the software developing side but showing XML files isnt much to go off on when theres 1000s layers of code were not seeing any of that in xml files. Were not seeing optimizations for how everything is handled from cpu to gpu, how many threads is used from the cpu though dx11. So dont try to tell me the XML files is showing us alot because is really isnt. The XML is just showing us what can be changed in the game doesnt really show us anything other then for modders.

I hear ya. My first thought was:

"What exactly is their max range of coordinates? A decimal and an integer have some pretty big max values. And why is precision involved at all in what I thought was a 3 axis coordinate system?"

As a developer, I've looked up why people use floating points at all. The biggest reason is to be able to manage and store very large numbers. Which was why my first question was, What exactly is their max range of coordinates?

*shrug*

I'm sure there's good reason to use the floating point numbers in a game for coordinates. I just have no idea what that good reason is. Curious myself.

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/948014/forward-looking-gpu-integer-performance/

To me it looks like Industry used GPUs for floating point math -> GPUs got optimzied for floating point -> industry optmized software for floating point -> GPUs get optimized for floating point.

Therre is no reason for integer to not reach similar performance to floating point, but everyone moved to FP and that is where everyone (hardware/firmware and software) is now.

Also GPUs are used in scientific computing as well. Whatever is needed there will also determine what the GPUs are optimzed for.

I know the software developing side but showing XML files isnt much to go off on when theres 1000s layers of code were not seeing any of that in xml files. Were not seeing optimizations for how everything is handled from cpu to gpu, how many threads is used from the cpu though dx11. So dont try to tell me the XML files is showing us alot because is really isnt. The XML is just showing us what can be changed in the game doesnt really show us anything other then for modders.

Please explain how you expect someone to SHOW you optimizations in code? This whole question is really odd coming from someone that "knows the software developing side."

Calmly and clearly tell us what your problem is. In your first post, you ask, "How do we know it's actually coming?" I indicated that faatal's continued posting of things that he is working on are evidence that the game still is coming. In your next post you indicate that you need to see updates, but then you again circle around to suggesting that 7D2D might be going under and not going to release A17. Again, continued participation by the devs and the fact that there are all sorts of coding changes should allay that concern.

Then you obviously misinterpreted the data or failed to read the post thoroughly enough. What has been shown is the complexity and expandability of the new buff system along with a way set custom variables without having to hack core game files. It also demonstrates a system that is less prone to errors and conflicts. If they posted a ton of code it would be for the benefit of a handful of people who can actually read it correctly.

You know TFP quite likely haven't had a fully integrated and working build for months now? Can you imagine the butthurt posts if they isolated a single system and showed it running through a profiler? People would be aghast thinking that the entire game had been stripped down to that single feature and the extra strain on system resources required for the profiler was indicative of normal gameplay. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Archived