Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

He was talking about the AMOUNT of work. You know that was what the 75% comment was about just as much as I do. Was it EXACTLY 75% of a sequel? Of course not.

Good of you that you removed the insults.

Don't you think it's weird that they know how much work creating a sequal will take? Given that MM has a.. knack.. for underestimating the amount of work something takes.

I'm surprised noone is talking about the screenshot(s) MM posted because... hot damn.

What's there to say? It's an upgraded bath.

Didn't they update the bath graphics already a while ago? I remember some pictures with brains in bathtubs. Could be my last birthday party as well, though.

These screenshots, combined with some messages that developers are still adding stuff, or haven't decided stuff, makes me think that October 2018 is still too early.

Forget the baths, look at the ground textures on lower left corner picture. I know some people were asking for better ground textures.

Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me and that was allready in the game (I play on low-medium settings), but that ground texture still looks like real life to me, no matter how many times I look at it.

It isn't a bug mate... far from it.

It might have been a mistake by the Devs but definitely wasn't a bug.

not a mistake imho - the devs cannot just go by some hardcore gamers and need to take the 90% of players into account, for whom the current system is an adequate challenge. Going by a nerd forum is never a good approach to create a mass compatible game in my opinion.

not a mistake imho - the devs cannot just go by some hardcore gamers and need to take the 90% of players into account, for whom the current system is an adequate challenge. Going by a nerd forum is never a good approach to create a mass compatible game in my opinion.

Agree,

Already mentioned once if you want to reach the entire audience insert an in-game MOTD including a poll if they wish to.

That's one of my problems in scaling hordes. =)

Sure, I can get feedback from our testers buuuut... those are hardcore veterans who know the game inside-out.

It may become a bit more challenging because there are always two more difficulty levels below default and you can change that even in an ongoing game.

We're not aiming for 7 Dark Souls To Die, though.

I thought this was Left For Dead 3

That's one of my problems in scaling hordes. =)

Sure, I can get feedback from our testers buuuut... those are hardcore veterans who know the game inside-out.

It may become a bit more challenging because there are always two more difficulty levels below default and you can change that even in an ongoing game.

We're not aiming for 7 Dark Souls To Die, though.

Honestly i hope someday we have more optiosn to scale difficulty, because insane is to an experienced player no harder then whatever the easiest mode is, because of the fact that zombies having more hp isn't really much of a challenge tbh...

Options like, base stanina regeneration slower and zombies slightly faster, giving some zombies some more special abilities, exemple spider zombies having a short leap once they're a few blocks from you, a biker charge where even if you kill him he'll continue on ramming forward a bit and might collide with you and does damage on impact, etc... There's so many ways to make the game more challenging, but it should be a toggle for veteran players :/

Last long run through i did i reached level 200 on insane and died for the first time after about 60 days of gameplay because i did a horde night only with a melee wepon in an arena, and even then i barely died, the zombies just aren't challenging tbh.

Archived