Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

ok....here we go devs and players,...

i normaly do not comment on forums, sinds i am horrible at it...

but... i just returned from the steam news section...and..... i think there is a "release a17" / "and "bankrupcy show" going on there after tfp posted the sad news about their concole mates..... so i would like to give tfp my silly words and thoughts..

for starters i really enjoy this game, truly awesome...and i do hope you guy's keep it up cause it is a worthy game, concept to keep going. very sad to hear the company that do your console "connection" got hit this hard.. truly sad news...

and setting up this post to have a list of whats going on for the players to see is a good thing specially if your not doing many updates a year.

this will keep people inside the loops preventing to give the impresion the game is no longer developed, for me it was the first time i have seen game devs be that open about the game they are develloping, again awesome job guy's..

yet i do understand players beeing frustrated, yes it is taking a long time to develop the update ... with good reason... and i do hope it is comming out soon.. but i would to know where it stands if possible... see after hearing it was possible it would come out somewhere around jully i stoped playing and started to watch and keep track of things about once a week... not wanting to loose what i have build over time to a fesh start at update.... not to mention... the awesome 4x4 and planning a base and such...where i could park that awesome machine inside..

so right now i am about to just go play it again and toy around with messurements....and i figured it be about time i give tfp a pat on the shoulder and say "good job so far...taking your sweet time but still good job"....

now my biggest question in all of this...does the 4x4 fit across the draw bridge?? and if it does not... do we get one that fits??

for now .. keep up the good work team fun pimps...looking forward to what you guy's gonna bring us..

In none of those examples does it indicate that a dash is suitable replacement for a comma in that situation.

It was your misuse of the hyphen, or dash as it's sometimes called. If you're going to grammar nazi someone you'd better make damn sure your own spelling and punctuation is perfect. :-)

The dash (—) is a mark of punctuation used to set off a word or phrase after an independent clause or a parenthetical remark (words, phrases, or clauses that interrupt a sentence). Don't confuse the dash (—) with the hyphen (-): the dash is longer.

;)

The dash (—) is a mark of punctuation used to set off a word or phrase after an independent clause or a parenthetical remark (words, phrases, or clauses that interrupt a sentence). Don't confuse the dash (—) with the hyphen (-): the dash is longer.

;)

You may have noticed that I covered both bases by mentioning both dashes and hyphens in my original reply, specifically for this misunderstanding.

There's also variations according to country, we use dashes in the middle of a sentence so rarely that they're generally referred to as hyphens when we see them. We have a lot of people with hyphenated names in this country.

I only speak one human language but I speak that damn well :-)

Cant be sometimes called something if not the same thing :p

Yes it can, it just means the person is using the term incorrectly. That's not an unknown occurrence, especially when half of the internet has English as a second language and is unaware of such subtleties, the difference between the two can be a few pixels.

As a native English speaker I'd try to avoid using the term "dash" at all. It seems a bit... simplified.

If I had had a proper education in grammar, which I do not, I would be able to construct many, albeit obtuse, sentences which are grammatically correct but are, upon further inspection, a nightmare to read.

yep, sure does

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25121[/ATTACH]

note: not sure why it posted image twice!

I love it when I can not enlarge pictures..

iejen, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

UNQUOTE

I love it when I can not enlarge pictures..

iejen, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

UNQUOTE

send a pm to Roland about the image issue.

scaling hordes?

That's one of my problems in scaling hordes. =)

Sure, I can get feedback from our testers buuuut... those are hardcore veterans who know the game inside-out.

It may become a bit more challenging because there are always two more difficulty levels below default and you can change that even in an ongoing game.

We're not aiming for 7 Dark Souls To Die, though.

My server admin once tried combatting the veterans lack of challenege 'end game' by restarting the server and telling us he was going to crank up the difficulty past what he usually set his little vanilla server to after a point to better scale with our skills and resources. This was great for us, for a while, but it also discouraged server growth. We had a server with all these slots open that had been getting players around the clock, but this increase in difficulty for new players meant unless we spoiled their 'immersion' by giving them materials people usually got flattenned. We more often than not just got people coming in, getting freebies and then playing a for a short time and leaving or chain dying abit and going someplace else.

I recalled thinking the auto scaling for skyrim was weird sometimes back when I played that before modding it to get the game to feel just right. I keep thinking we need something like that. But honestly, how to do it, I'm not sure. =/ I don't think bethedesa quite got it right either.

Honestly? I thought your reply was going to be "Not all American SUV's can fit through a standard sized garage door".

That would have been pretty accurate from what I can tell.

Hehe I wouldn't be surprised.

The wife and I spent a week driving around in Utah, Montana, Idaho & Wyoming in a very, very compact Toyota Yaris. I kinda felt out of place between the trucks there. I've seen units driving around which were bigger than the dorm I slept in as a university student!

Sure will. Though that's kinda minor by comparison to raw computing power capability. Though, persistent memory will sure be nice between now and quantum computing if it ever comes at all! 😁

I DREAD persistent memory. It will be up to the OS to make sure to clean up memory that we can make 100% sure is cleared now by a reboot. Persistent memory will make a reboot useless unless the OS flushes memory correctly. But I'm sure Microsoft will handle that perfectly. Lol

Archived