Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

i pay every couple of years to upgrade my pc for couple thousend

Would you buy the Chinese Threadripper clone for your pc? That's the question. You never know what could happen with your pc with such cpu inside. No offense to China of course, maybe it's a good cpu, but personally I wouldn't pay thousands just to find out whether it's perfectly safe to use or not.

snip.

Yeah it's about time Intel had some serious competition again now we can move forward at a reasonable pace of advancement because as us hardware geeks know there for awhile it was like watching grass grow.

Here I was all excited to get my 10 core i9 and it's already obsolete in a single year, then again I only paid $550 for it so I guess I can suck it up.

You're going to be super devo if vulkan isnt implemented. I can tell. ;)

Hehe, unless there is some super crazy issue, but all reports indicate awesomeness cometh eventually at least! :cool2:

Not sure how much of a FPS increase the other improvements will bring, but there is also the better lighting and other things as well, so the difference between A16 and A17 could be about the same except with A17 looking a lot better. I doubt it though and think we'll see a good performance increase with A17. We'll be able to compare A16 and A17 with different graphics quality settings, too, to get a better idea of how much the performance changed, and see how much of an impact the new lighting, water, etc has. :3

I know it's not confirmed, but there's a very high chance of it given that Vulkan can bring a 35% performance increase in comparison to the old cores, and because the Vulkan rendering core is now stable in 2018.2 which means it's officially supported by Unity3D devs so can be supported by The Funnest Pimps.

So:

Vulkan rendering boost

+

Other Unity3D performance boosts caused by improvements elsewhere

+

the re-done shaders and all the other new improvements put into A17

--------------------------------

= SOLID WIN :3

My GPU is so old it doesn't even support Vulkan, so I'm not that excited about it. And remember, even with or without Vulkan, they said couple of times how much better performance the new Alpha has over the last version and yet people still had more performance issues than before or simply ran into old performance issues that weren't really fixed. So even when they say that the new Alpha is much smoother, has much better performance, it's always better to take that statement with a grain of salt and if you haven't learned that by now, don't worry, you will have plenty of time for that. :smile-new:

I mean look at me, you might think that I'm being salty today, but that just shows how many times I took statements with a grain of salt.

My GPU is so old it doesn't even support Vulkan, so I'm not that excited about it. snip.

Now is the time to buy a EVGA graphics card because they are on sale for the cheapest I have seen since the Geforce 10 series was released.

You can buy a EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 for $710 with a copy of Destiny 2 + expansion included free.

I realized that the immature segment would never understand the concept of "estimate" and if they were going to be mad no matter what then I didn't want to have to deal with constantly updating the date.

Do you have to be so condescending and insulting to the fan base? Way to go.

My criticism isn't that we would have to wait like everyone else, but it is not like that. It is more like that streamers and YouTuber's get to play around with it, while your paying customers are left out and hung to dry with no information at all until your post.

Why can't TFP just put it on experimental on Steam for everyone? Why is this virtual fame necessary to get what I paid for? I paid for Early Access, not stable builds. So give me what I paid for. Period. Now continue talking down to your customers, let's see how your next game sells.

My criticism isn't that we would have to wait like everyone else, but it is not like that. It is more like that streamers and YouTuber's get to play around with it, while your paying customers are left out and hung to dry with no information at all until your post.

Why can't TFP just put it on experimental on Steam for everyone? Why is this virtual fame necessary to get what I paid for? I paid for Early Access, not stable builds. So give me what I paid for. Period. Now continue talking down to your customers, let's see how your next game sells.

2 - 3 days.

They get it on a friday. We get it on a monday/tuesday*

Mountains from molehills.

The experimental doesnt have to be released to the public, its not a requirement lol.

Hey Skippy,

SNIP...

I changed the date to August which caused an eruption from a segment of the community

But people went ballistic and the dev diary went off the rails

That is how "It's done when its done" came about.

I added the smilie

But now....lol....we have people trying to assign special meaning to the smilie...

Just add some random letters and numbers to see what people will come up with about that…

Oh wait, it may be taken as a promise to release A17 the 26th of december at 06:35:21 , so maybe you should'nt

Thanks for clearing that up. I literally made the stink face when i read the "its done when its done". Akin to how you would feel if your car mechanic or doctor said it to you.

Are there any side by side unity 2017 vs 2018 comparisons floating around? I've looked but havent even seen one for any game. just ones comparing Unity to Unreal engine. I was amazed at the difference between the xbox version and pc having played the pc version first even at mid-high settings.

Thanks for clearing that up. I literally made the stink face when i read the "its done when its done". Akin to how you would feel if your car mechanic or doctor said it to you.

Are there any side by side unity 2017 vs 2018 comparisons floating around? I've looked but havent even seen one for any game. just ones comparing Unity to Unreal engine. I was amazed at the difference between the xbox version and pc having played the pc version first even at mid-high settings.

I think there's some Unity 2017 screenshots in the console forum. I also think some of madmole's earlier screenshots might be 2017.

Not the fan base. Just a small segment that it sounds like you identify with. I for sure think the majority of the fan base are intelligent mature people who understand what an estimate is. The few who feel offended and come here raging about broken promises are the types who get offended by everything no matter what so....<shrug>

Streamers don’t have it yet. Nobody has been hung out to dry. There have been many posts talking about a delay. My post finally gave details of that but TFP is under no bligation to give details. Nobody is playing A17 except for devs and internal testers on the QA team.

Why can't TFP just put it on experimental on Steam for everyone?

That’s the plan. Everyone who wishes to opt-in will get A17-experimental.

Why is this virtual fame necessary to get what I paid for? I paid for Early Access, not stable builds. So give me what I paid for. Period.

You paid for early access and you have an unbroken never interrupted access to early builds of 7 Days to Die. Go press start right now and you’ll be playing one of the early builds currently available. There’s your proof that the early access you paid for is intact. You don’t even need me to tell you. You can do it yourself on your own computer. No virtual game is required to continually participate in the early access you paid for.

Now continue talking down to your customers, let's see how your next game sells.

I daresay that the next TFP game is going to be amazing. If they do Kickstarter crowdfunding for the next one I’ll be signing up day one. I’ve read the concept and...well...you’ll be missing out and all because the text you read from me rubs you the wrong way.

I agree 100% that if it's good enough to stream, it's good enough to play. With that being said, I do have to play Devil's Advocate for a moment.

• The streamers and youtubers are also paying customers. They just have a larger... "footprint of exposure" or whatever you'd like to call bringing attention to the game to people who may not have seen it before.

• The sea of unabashed vitriol and gnashing of teeth about tentative estimates for a potential release date that Roland has had to wade through even while explaining rationally and eloquently how things work internally (As he has a window that we don't to see inside of the TFP war-room, as it were) completely overshadows any snark, perceived or otherwise.

• I can almost guarantee that the next game will outsell this one despite the posting of a forums moderator.

@roland take a deep breath and imagine the world is a perfect place, laugh at that and go have a beer :p

I know from experience you can't make everyone happy the unhappy ones we can always take out back shoot and bury them :pirate::pirate:

bury hell, the buzzards need something to eat :) but that may be considered cruelty to animals tho.

Not the fan base. Just a small segment that it sounds like you identify with. I for sure think the majority of the fan base are intelligent mature people who understand what an estimate is. The few who feel offended and come here raging about broken promises are the types who get offended by everything no matter what so....<shrug>

Let's just put it directly and honestly. Memes about estimates are now officially frowned upon by few who get triggered instantly even by innocent jokes and creating such meme, even if meant as an innocent joke, is a reason for not being considered a member of the Official Fan Base™ anymore.

Dear Lord Roland, I have to confess. I have sinned. I created a meme about release date estimate. Do I even have a chance to be ever forgiven and accepted back in holy Official Fan Base™? :apathy:

Archived