Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

As far as I am concerned an under ground base is nothing but an exploit, not only should it not be encouraged but TFP should kill it with fire.

You speak of modding however it seems you know little of it. It is quite easy to write onto ANY block or terrain block that zombies can spawn on it; so your alleged underground base thing being an exploit is a mute point. if you wanted to (and knew how) you can get zombies to spawn on anything from bedrock up. now go and enjoy trying to accomplish that instead of trying to push an agenda nobody is interested in hearing. Better yet, come to my server I can teach you all kinds of wonderful things like dual particle ranged zombies, screamers that aren't always screamers, zombies that can spawn in your underground base, and other fun stuff.. :smile-new:

An underground base is far from an exploit. I don't understand where these people are getting that idea from. An underground base requires a ton of work. Tons of it. For it to be safe for horde night you must either have a pit trap, or a hall of death traps. Even then the risk of breach is still a concern and you will need an escape plan. It is safer and eaiser to camp in a poi, or to build a fortress.

Usually i use an undergound base as a store room and a furnace place after i dig out stone for concrete. I go with a tunnel system because you might as well do something useful rather than make a strip mine. It makes moving across the map less of a chore.

Underground bases are just one play style, and if you watch the youtubers you will see that it is not really that good of a tactic. It is mostly an aesthetic thing.

Now for the shennigan part: if zombies where to spawn undergound, then they would undermine a lot of structures. I can see them making zombie tunnels that cause poi's to collapse, and collapsing player made structures. I also see this crashing servers.

It is quite easy to write onto ANY block or terrain block that zombies can spawn on it; so your alleged underground base thing being an exploit is a mute point.

Now that's a new one. I liked Joey's version on Friends ("It's a moo point. Like a cow's opinion: it's moo."), but this one might top that. By this turn of the phrase, you mean that the point has been made silent?

Just for the record, the correct phrasing is a "moot" point. (Look, y'all, I have let all of these "should of"s slide. I had to speak up on this one.)

An underground base is far from an exploit. I don't understand where these people are getting that idea from. An underground base requires a ton of work. Tons of it.

I think Crater Creator had an excellent explanation about this. I don't remember the specifics (or where the post is), but it had something to do with time investment vs. safety reward. Essentially, an underground base, regardless of how much time, has an infinite safety reward.

I may have muffed the author and the argument, but it helped me see why people call it an "exploit." It won't stop me from preferring an underground base, though I do welcome making actual threats to underground living.

Ronald...* giggles *

are any NEW zombies coming in A17? Or are any additional ones planned?

Coughs * Fireman * Coughs

MTFGA

Don't you go and cough up a Fireman! You need to cough up a raging 2000 pound Bull! One that will charge and attack anyone and anything. :)

Hey Roland, the images are very beautiful :) I noticed a couple of new blocks:

• the 45 degree cornice
  • the railings

Can you elaborate on the railings please?

Did you also notice the different cardboard box sizes? And that you can read what they are now?

The window to the left of the feral zombie? (Looks like a waiting room window... at like a doctor's office or something. Or at least a properly framed window)

I do like the new railings and corner pieces.

You're asking the wrong question, Marty.... ;)

giphy.gif

Don't be surprised if you find a severed horse head in your bed. It's exactly this kind of smartass reply that lead to unpleasant situations... :nono:

Edit:

Damn, 47 new pages since my last comment. I am too slow for this thread.

I think your use of TM and the tone of your post all but proves there's nothing "innocent" about your meme. Just because you say it does not make it so. Nice try though.

This is just your speculation and that proves that you haven't really seen my meme, otherwise you would know it didn't have anything to do with my use of TM in that other post and that while TM itself in connection of the "Official Fan Base" was indeed used a bit sarcastically, it was only in defense, because when Roland talked about "those few" or "those few that are not part of the fan base", I thought he was referring to the joke / meme I posted and I had an unpleasant feeling he talked about me as one of those "few that are not part of fan base", just because I made that little joke, but then it turned out it was not the case at all as he said he must have missed the meme. But you're right about one thing - no need to take it from me when I say my meme was just an innocent joke, you can simply look it up yourself to see it before jumping into conclusions, it's right there, couple of pages back if you're interested...

Archived