Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I love how every day there have been tiny adjustments to the title above so now "it will be done when its done" but now with a smiley face. I am sure the smiley face wasnt there yesterday. Its teasing just enough.. that someone cares enough to adjust the menu, but not enough info to give any hints as to when it might be done.

Thank you fun pimps for all your hard work. I love the anticipation personally.

Can I ask, is there a way, if we are into 3D modelling, for us to contribute to providing models we may have made to the game? does it work like that in any way? And of course I mean having to sign them over to the property of fun pimps whatever...

...cant wait till Alpha 17!

I read an article about TFP having over 20 staff members. Since they are working for over a year on this game the update must be huge. It has to be a complete new game. I can not wait. The "It's Done When It's Done" is the last thing that needs an overhaul.

Shovel spear update

Just tested out a steel shovel as a spear on hoard night and it's great.

Hey! If you want a challenge, You really should max out the number of zombies on hoard night, and get on with it in hand to hand combat.

I recommend setting zombies to walking when doing this because it can be very overwhelming as the zombies will quickly surround you. I almost died several times, lol.

Nothing like getting off your fort having at them in close combat with a shovel, it's pretty challenging and fun.

The best part was when dawn came and I charged one of the last bigger ones, killing it with once shot, I was both surprised and excited at the same time! :)

On a side note: I have noticed that hoard night fizzles out about half way through the night. But I found a workaround. :)

Simply log off and re-start the game. If you max out the hoard setting, you will soon have more zombies than you know what to do with. lol

Have fun.

i see we are making progress going on with the pages up :) , we must keep our part done so we can get A17 next week

and i would ask our fataal a question about his fataalty work , in case a whole wandering horde hunted me how will they act ?(talking about there bathing) . will they follow the same line , like a queue of Z s ?

Yep which TFP fully supports through modding.

No matter which way the final version of the game shakes out you will be able to modify the game to suit your play style, you yours and me mine.

Back at ya. If you want underground threats, you can mod them in. Its obvious to me you me you dont care about mining much as the impact of your ideas would break what is clearly an intended gameplay feature. Your whole interest to fix an exploit, by adding a gameplay feature, that breaks a gameplay feature. Resource gathering for rock, lead, coal, nitrate, and shale is already its own little challenge enough and required for those that want the 'build' feature of this game. I agree that the exploit needs to be fixed, and it can be done so with AI. But adding unavoidable environmental hazards is punishing the people who (I will risk speaking for others) was an intended part of this game.

Back at ya. If you want underground threats, you can mod them in.

Im very amateur at modding and I can say with 100 percent certainty that it is 1 billion times easier to mod something out, than in. For example I could EASILY mod out the 7 day hordes, modding the system IN tho would be development.

Back at ya. If you want underground threats, you can mod them in. Its obvious to me you me you dont care about mining much as the impact of your ideas would break what is clearly an intended gameplay feature. Your whole interest to fix an exploit, by adding a gameplay feature, that breaks a gameplay feature. Resource gathering for rock, lead, coal, nitrate, and shale is already its own little challenge enough and required for those that want the 'build' feature of this game. I agree that the exploit needs to be fixed, and it can be done so with AI. But adding unavoidable environmental hazards is punishing the people who (I will risk speaking for others) was an intended part of this game.

Thats a great sentiment to have, but currently there are NO ways to mod in an underground threat or we would have done so in a heartbeat. So the mechanic has to be created and implemented for it to be moddable.

Have fun modding it OUT though. As it is Pimps vision there's really nothing that can be done to change that. It's their right to create and release the game THEY want to release. It's on you and others to use the phenomenal tools at our disposal to mod it how we like.

The fact they allow it is amazing enough. Try doing it to games like Subsistence. Some devs WANT you to play their way. Pimps are gracious enough to allow us to have it ANY way we want.

Every year around this time I feel myself getting incredibly excited for the next alpha. I can't wait to head back to BGG to relax and watch them playtest the new alpha. We are almost done with our wait friends, and I'm pretty damn sure this version of the game is going to be such a huge improvement that was definitely worth the wait.

Hey that reminds me of Raft...If they keep adding the promised content, then it could by in my top 10 list.

Please be sure to participate in their forum and complain whenever they break their promises (delaying releases, postponing promised features, abandoning promised features, etc.)

There should absolutely be NO completely safe base , that relies on limitations with the games engine or problems with AI...you should always have to deal with a threat and ALWAYS have to face the Seven Day hordes , in some way shape or form...fighting , defending your base , leading them away , using dummy bases , multiple false entrances etc....not just hide underground , in the sky , logout and whatever other things people do to avoid a primary game mechanic...

No completely safe base, that relies on limitations with the game engine or problems with the AI, except you list several methods that rely on those very factors.

Cheese that relies on limitations of the game engine or AI: lead away, dummy base.

Also, when fighting and defending your base, at what point does that becomes cheese? Large pits they fall in and die? Discover how to force the AI down a path into a grinder? All of that is cheese as well.

Once a claim that any tactic is cheese or invalid, then they all are except fighting.

Unless standing in an open field stark naked with an empty inventory going fistcuffs, some form of tactic is used.

Since AI cannot adapt like the player can, cheese is always involved. Honesty with the world and oneself would reveal that and then the feeling some are cheesing by using a tactic one doesn't want to would go away and with it that green jealousy.

For the record I am above ground, not sky, not floating builder who avoids hordes unless I choose or am forced to engage. Someone will probably dig out some drawbridge or other floating designs I've shown. I've also shown some very structurally sound looking designs that work too.

I'll adapt and overcome. If Humans can't find a passive defense to magic zombies (numbers never dwindle, cannot kill all), then humans and the game are over anyway and the point of it all is moot.

If you are under ground and they can't see you or smell you or hear you how do they know to dig down to attack you?

This is a rhetorical question because they can't.

This is why there needs to be penalties for having an under ground base.

why? if YOU dont want to do it then what makes you think you have the right to tell other players that they cant dig to bedrock and be safe. there is absolutely no NEED to prevent being safe. it is also a SURVIVAL game .

If Humans can't find a passive defense to magic zombies (numbers never dwindle, cannot kill all), then humans and the game are over anyway and the point of it all is moot.

Perhaps I take the survival part a bit too seriously considering as from the point of view of the people living within that world. Where survival alone is not enough, they must build and thrive. :)

This should sound like a child`s catchy song that never leaves your mind. Someone asks for dates ? - send him the song and smile.

I meant that " soon bois " that smile update was going to mean soon . but you got the wrong point of this, still yeah its some song i cant forget my relatives child likes to hear * hurts *

Please be sure to participate in their forum and complain whenever they break their promises (delaying releases, postponing promised features, abandoning promised features, etc.)

I'm not a complainer... I'm a goof-off! You must not be reading my posts. :)

Archived