Is your base your home?

My home is also my base but it is rather spartan. I'm not big on decorating. So I only have a sleeping bag, my work stations and my storage boxes.

On the outside are 4 dew collectors and a garden next to my base for my crops.

Nope. Always 2 bases. But that is out of habit from back then when i started and got all my stuff destroyed. Until i figured out how to build functional horde bases it became a habit to build two separate bases. That allows to do experiments, you don´t want to test out things with all your stuff a few blocks away from the horde.

Also when playing  MP we have our base mom and we aren´t allowed to have horde night at the home base. 😛 

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

My home is always my base, except early game which I usually just stash stuff in something like a shipping container or a small POI until I get resources to either build one or fix up a bigger POI I feel like doing hordes in, then I'll move everything inside there and make base

Depends a little, atm my base is couple hundred meters of tunnels, in the mountain I spawned at. My horde base for the first two hordes was about 5 blocks above my main storage area, a 2x2 wall of a melee position with absolutely nothing protecting my back. Pretty close calls both, fighting only with a stone sledge, second one had a random dire wolf in the mix, that was a little concerning :) ..

Next horde will be in a (future) "guard post" at the outer end of my exit tunnel, some 100m away and 40 meters down from the storage. But it's still all my base! :)

In less tunnely games, I don't bother with proper bases, I'll just make a meleeable position somewhere in the POI, with an ele fence keeping everything stunlocked.

I always stick to the base I build in front of one of the traders, but yes it is 4x4x4 cube on terrain level and a bigger floor straight under it where the stash and work tools are. and I usually mine beneath my base. for the harder times I add a cheese bridge to the roof and build some tent on top, put some shotguns to kill vultures and reload my machine-guns)))

Early game, I always build a simple elevated horde base for the first few weeks. My 'home' is typically just the rooftop of a POI. By mid game, my goal is to have an integrated home/horde base. Sometimes they are custom-built but often they are converted POIs.

I've never made myself a "home" in 7 Days to Die. My "crafting base" is either a rooftop in multiplayer or a converted caravan on my own. We did ONCE take over a house which was sort of more homeish, as we used the living room and kitchen spaces and stuff ... but somebody annoyed a bear, and the bear tore the door down, and we had to shoot the bear, and all the zombie neighbours beat the windows and walls down, then zombie cops showed up and one of them exploded, then this lady in white turned up and started screaming the house down, which meant more zombies... After that we stuck to rooftops.

A bit of collapse prep, about 20x13x11 block to be dropped once I get the bottom out.., to become my main farming area.The guard post worked fine for a horde. And yes, the stone axe is the tool that is being used :)

Screenshotfrom2024-08-3103-34-24.thumb.png.68fe55087f11da16d6b4c78865f06be0.png

16 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

I try and decorate as much as I can I try and make my bases look like they are real pois! But sadly most decor I want I can't craft lmao 

That's one of my pet peeves too.

27 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

Consoles man..... Consoles 

You play on console? Hmm. I thought you are a PC player. Anyways, it´s a server side mod, and that should be possible on console once they get the option for dedicated and/or crossplay unless i understood that absolutly wrong.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

59 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

You play on console? Hmm. I thought you are a PC player. Anyways, it´s a server side mod, and that should be possible on console once they get the option for dedicated and/or crossplay unless i understood that absolutly wrong.

I think that is all up in the air and depends on what negotiations with Sony and Microsoft end up allowing.

But I think it is likely to work for server side stuff.  Are decorations actually server side, though?  I haven't looked at that mod, but decisions usually require additional assets, which means they aren't server side. UBBI, for example want server side and if you didn't have those assets, you got that blue unknown block box.

3 minutes ago, Riamus said:

I think that is all up in the air and depends on what negotiations with Sony and Microsoft end up allowing.

But I think it is likely to work for server side stuff.  Are decorations actually server side, though?  I haven't looked at that mod, but decisions usually require additional assets, which means they aren't server side. UBBI, for example want server side and if you didn't have those assets, you got that blue unknown block box.

No additional stuff, just things already in the game get a recipe to craft it.

Since 1.0, my first base near Rekt, is my primary and I tend to takeover a good POI near the trader as I move through biomes. Mainly for drop chest/campfires/bed rolls.

I keep all of my production except food at my primary main central forest base.

My family usually has a home base and a nearby horde base but since we recently moved to the wasteland we set our base at the top of a construction site  and are creating a gauntlet of death where the zombies travel up through the guts of the building being killed as they go so for the first time in a long time our base is also our horde night defense area.

I usually either use the farmhouse or the farm with the silo behind it. I live on the top floor and use the second floor as my horse base. The zombies don't get to me and if a screamer or random horde comes by, you drop down, kill em and go back up and keep doing your thing. Unless I'm down in the mine, which now, all the zombies just dig down to you while you're digging/mining/etc. I would think the range would be too far @ the bottom but they sense me even with feral sense off

For me, it depends on where I setup at.

In A22 so far, my base is typically a residential POI and I convert a secondary location as a horde base.  Last playthrough I converted the destroyed kitchen poi (0 stars POI) into my horde base and there was a motel close by that I setup as a fallback position if I felt I need to relieve the pressure buildup on the primary horde base.

In A21, before the biome city changes, I would setup a base in one of the broken down apartment complexes as both my main base and my horde base - lower level was the horde base and top was the main base.  I am going to do that in my next playthrough, but haven't decided if I will start out in the higher level biomes or mod the game so I can get larger cities in the pine forest so those POIs will be placed there.

First 4 horde nights were spent on top of a MD Melt Downs billboard.   built a platform off the front with a scaffold ladder melee window.  Zombies followed stairs up to a 5 block long 0.05 center-side pole "tightrope" approach to the otherside of the scaffold ladder melee window.  This limited the number of attacking zombies to 1 at a time and the height was sufficient that zombies didn't go into destroy everything mode if they fell or were knocked off the tightrope approach.   I hacked thru as many as I could each horde night as they ran the climb stairs, walk tightrope, get knocked off circuit.  All this was only in cobblestone.  Once I acquired concrete, built a dedicated horde base in the wasteland (maximize loot stage for horde night) following similar paradigm but without the billboard.  Elevated tower (5x5x15 high) with scaffold ladder melee window with 30 block long tightrope style approach. Started out with machete, then switched to sniper rifles, ap ammo, and penetrator perk to kill multiple Z's with single shot.  Lining the tightrope with barbed wire slows the approaching zombies and I manage 700 kills each horde night with around 500-600 ap bullets and end up with mid-30's number of loot bags.  Eventually converted the tightrope to steel as one horde night the concrete one was destroyed by a second demolisher oopsie in same place.  Otherwise everything is just concrete.

As far as home goes, I played nomad for first 5 weeks, building storage boxes in front of which ever trader I was currently dealing with.  Hunker down at night high up in some cleared POI until I acquired nightvision goggles.  Though running around at night wasn't all that difficult with a stealth build.  Just throw rocks to distract any zombies that got too close.  I set up a couple of forges, workbench, and a cement mixer out in an open field in front of Rekt in the initial forrest biome.  I wouldn't spend much time there, only to load up and empty the workstations.   Eventually, used a claim block to move them to the wasteland where I built an actual home base out of concrete and bulletproof glass with farming and dew collectors on the roof.   The first floor has a drive-thru garage with 5x3 powered doors where I park my vehicles when not in use.  Once the wasteland becomes manageable, I feel there's little need to return to the other biomes.  So I put off building a home until settling in the wasteland.  Besides, Joel is so much more friendly.  

After the "forge house" was permanently removed (real forge then dummy forge) We build our own starter home next to a small town. Then we move to some big ass open field in a predetermined Biome, and slap down our steel heaven from hell... This time, wasteland. Next wipe, snowy base...