Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

1 hour ago, Space4Ace said:

Spider zombies in older alphas would not scream and call other zombies like the screamer does. But yes, spider zombies would show up when the heatmap was reaching boiling point. 🤯

When the screamers were first introduced, it was the same problem; they were way too sensitive and would scream and call other zombies way too much. It was later adjusted, as I guess will probably happen with 1.0 also.

Over the years, I've seen many bugs from older alphas show up again in a new alpha. Sometimes I wonder if TFP should maybe have a list of older bugs and check for those first. In 1.0, I have seen some other bugs from older alphas showing up again.

When the zombie Scouts/Screamers were first introduced and they used the spider zombie model, I think they did call a horde when seeing the player. I remember they would come in groups of three. You might be remembering when they were just spider zombies at first, and the screamers as a concept didn't exist.

But yeah, I also remember a time when screamers seeing the player while underground was a known bug that got fixed, and now seems like it might be back. Kinda weird how some bugs seem to just reappear. Arrows going through zombies is also back and worse than ever now.

has it been mentioned about over abundance of skill magazines? I just found the perk to stop looting them after a certain level is completely commented out! I have looted medical books to reach max level 3 times over at 100% loot. That's just medical. The same for cooking and armor I find so many I've become annoyed with magazines 😂

I have been informed that the Paradise Falls Diner from the movie Legion is in the game. It is called the Navezgane Falls Diner. I checked it out and I can confirm that it is indeed from the movie.

And supposedly the Simpsons house is in the game as well (Homer, not OJ). I have yet to get confirmation on that though.

18 hours ago, Professor-Pip said:

I know that EerieKnight of the Pseudo Posse has experimented with Cops and determined that there are certain blocks that they can see through to target you. Might be the same with Screamers.

Not sure who it was but i watched a youtube vid yesterday and someone tested "blocks to see if screamers can see you through them" and it was quite a bit and there was (as they reported) not an obvious pattern to it. It *seemed* to me there was more chance of them seeing you if the block was not centered (was offset so it was on the edge of a voxel cube) and was thin (like less than a 1/2 block). 

7 hours ago, Space4Ace said:

Spider zombies in older alphas would not scream and call other zombies like the screamer does. But yes, spider zombies would show up when the heatmap was reaching boiling point. 🤯

When the screamers were first introduced, it was the same problem; they were way too sensitive and would scream and call other zombies way too much. It was later adjusted, as I guess will probably happen with 1.0 also.

Over the years, I've seen many bugs from older alphas show up again in a new alpha. Sometimes I wonder if TFP should maybe have a list of older bugs and check for those first. In 1.0, I have seen some other bugs from older alphas showing up again.

We could use a smaller weaker screamer

Like a Howler! Spawns in citys and such and acts as a smaller zombie spawner 

Also screamers should spawn in citys 

On the old console version they did this with the spiders zombie I hated those things but at the same time I miss them they need to climb again or if not update their jump into a tackle leap that does damage.  

Maybe rename it too the leaper and the real spider zombie climbs walls, spits web like snot and leaping 

6 hours ago, joshwa0816 said:

has it been mentioned about over abundance of skill magazines? I just found the perk to stop looting them after a certain level is completely commented out! I have looted medical books to reach max level 3 times over at 100% loot. That's just medical. The same for cooking and armor I find so many I've become annoyed with magazines 😂

I don't see any out-commenting:

<!-- Increase the chance to find medical crafting skill magazines with each perk rank up to crafting skill 75 -->
                        <passive_effect name="LootProb" operation="perc_add" level="1,5" value="2,10" tags="medicalCSM">
                                <requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="craftingMedical" operation="LT" value="75"/>
                        </passive_effect>

<!-- Once medical crafting skill reaches 75, set the probability bonus of finding medical crafting skill magazines to 0 -->
                        <passive_effect name="LootProb" operation="base_set" level="1,5" value="1,1" tags="medicalCSM">
                                <requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="craftingMedical" operation="Equals" value="75"/>
                        </passive_effect>

No idea though what the base value is if it is not set at all. The comment in the xml seems to suggest it would be 0.

It seems there are containers like the First_aid_station that will give you medical magazines regardless of any perk boosts. Which could explain why there are still those magazines in loot when you are finished learning them.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

3 hours ago, doughphunghus said:

Not sure who it was but i watched a youtube vid yesterday and someone tested "blocks to see if screamers can see you through them" and it was quite a bit and there was (as they reported) not an obvious pattern to it. It *seemed* to me there was more chance of them seeing you if the block was not centered (was offset so it was on the edge of a voxel cube) and was thin (like less than a 1/2 block). 

Probably this one, also by Pseudo Posse. There is a pattern to which blocks work, but it's not always consistent. But, I've also had them scream at me when behind full cube blocks, and not making any sound.

1 hour ago, Adam the Waster said:

We could use a smaller weaker screamer

Like a Howler! Spawns in citys and such and acts as a smaller zombie spawner 

Also screamers should spawn in citys 

On the old console version they did this with the spiders zombie I hated those things but at the same time I miss them they need to climb again or if not update their jump into a tackle leap that does damage.  

Maybe rename it too the leaper and the real spider zombie climbs walls, spits web like snot and leaping 

in 1.0 I've noticed a slight of spawn ins for screamers in the city.( well for me at least, sometimes i b getting two at a time horrific but fun... nd thats in the snow biome)

as far as the spider zombies they jus leap like crazy now.

mann.. i know right, in the old console version i hated the spider zombies as well, they would spawn randomly in the citys with hordes sometimes nd they always used to climb like u said but it was dope. they should put the climbin bac on tho.

its funny cuz now they remind me more like Hunter"s on Left 4 Dead.😭

Edited by MysticalTreyy (see edit history)

24 minutes ago, MysticalTreyy said:

they always used to climb like u said but it was dope. they should put the climbin bac on tho.

Agreed! Its a neat mechanic that keeps you on your toes a bit when not prepared (like when you base in a fresh poi vs building fresh specifically to defend against it). If climbers came back i would be overjoyed. Like if I found out Santa Claus was actually real, he came to my house on my birthday and gave me all the presents (just pallets of cash thank you) and then told me how i was always his favorite and all others were worse than me. And then he personally bakes and leaves me cookies. Cookies that when eaten teleport me to the elven village at the north pole. Once there the elves and i all dance and sing. After eating a big meal of food from my childhood Christmas memories i ask why this is happening and the elves tell me that since climbers came back, all the children stopped asking for gifts as they spent all their time playing 7D2D and had no need for more material possessions.

anyway, something to think about TFP. Think of all the children. Only you can make them truly happy. Bring back the climbers. Save earth from unhappiness. Give santa and the elves a much needed vacation.

im serious: i really miss them. and shooting them too.

Edited by doughphunghus (see edit history)

13 minutes ago, doughphunghus said:

Agreed! Its a neat mechanic that keeps you on your toes a bit when not prepared (like when you base in a fresh poi vs building fresh specifically to defend against it). If climbers came back i would be overjoyed. Like if I found out Santa Claus was actually real, he came to my house on my birthday and gave me all the presents (just pallets of cash thank you) and then told me how i was always his favorite and all others were worse than me. And then he personally bakes and leaves me cookies. Cookies that when eaten teleport me to the elven village at the north pole. Once there the elves and i all dance and sing. After eating a big meal of food from my childhood Christmas memories i ask why this is happening and the elves tell me that since climbers came back, all the children stopped asking for gifts as they spent all their time playing 7D2D and had no need for more material possessions.

anyway, something to think about TFP. Think of all the children. Only you can make them truly happy. Bring back the climbers. Save earth from unhappiness. Give santa and the elves a much needed vacation.

im serious: i really miss them. and shooting them too.

well said if anything... couldn't have said it any better... ( plus love the visual thought of everything u typed i had to read it again. lmao, Though sadly i don't recall being anywhere in the favorites list.( for me at least)

53 minutes ago, MysticalTreyy said:

its funny cuz now they remind me more like Hunter"s on Left 4 Dead.😭

That's how they should be leap and deal damage 

I miss the climbing they should re add to them or make it on another special? I wonder if they still plan on adding him. 

More specials and even normal zombies would be nice! 

Now I wanna update my zombie list on pimp dreams 

4 hours ago, meganoth said:

I don't see any out-commenting:

<!-- Increase the chance to find medical crafting skill magazines with each perk rank up to crafting skill 75 -->
                        <passive_effect name="LootProb" operation="perc_add" level="1,5" value="2,10" tags="medicalCSM">
                                <requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="craftingMedical" operation="LT" value="75"/>
                        </passive_effect>

<!-- Once medical crafting skill reaches 75, set the probability bonus of finding medical crafting skill magazines to 0 -->
                        <passive_effect name="LootProb" operation="base_set" level="1,5" value="1,1" tags="medicalCSM">
                                <requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="craftingMedical" operation="Equals" value="75"/>
                        </passive_effect>

No idea though what the base value is if it is not set at all. The comment in the xml seems to suggest it would be 0.

It seems there are containers like the First_aid_station that will give you medical magazines regardless of any perk boosts. Which could explain why there are still those magazines in loot when you are finished learning them.

edit* found this and it is not commented out. I have no idea what I was looking at that looked similar! so I guess I've been overly lucky finding these books.

Edited by joshwa0816 (see edit history)

13 hours ago, joshwa0816 said:

I guess I've been overly lucky finding these books.

You are likely to find medical books in medical containers same way you are likely to find cooking books in kitchen counters. 
now, if you are also often finding them in in mailboxes and random book crates and piles, that would be weird.

@faatal

Ik random gen is more your thing but will navezgane get any of the nice quality of random gen like the road signs, power lines, cuz nazegane feels so much less then random gen in some details 

While I think there should be more copies of pois like of stores and maybe even copied homes with different layouts/colors/stories  but that's another issue 

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

On 8/4/2024 at 8:14 PM, SylenThunder said:

Probably want to do a proper bug report or start a thread in the support section of the forum.   Not sure why you would bring that to the news thread.

Well, I like to discuss things first in case I done something silly and its not a bug at all..

20240807193629-1.jpg

Hexagon wheels return ?

-------------------------------------------

Also what are these ???, they look explosive haha, and I am hesitant to even touch it...

20240807174823-1.jpg

something i posted elsewhere, but needs to be said here.

soon they will get on a balancing act for screamers and absurd bullet sponges showing up way too early. I mean irradiated bikers show late game, but direwolves in horde spawns, not talking biome spawns, show up at gamestage 47? and they have 50% more hp than the irradiated hard zombies. need to balance the progression more.

I was doing horde night at gs47, and had cops and direwolves. Feral bikers dont show until at least GS 117, and direwolves have 3x the hp as the feral bikers do. they need to be balanced better

7 hours ago, Jay_ombie said:

Well, I like to discuss things first in case I done something silly and its not a bug at all..

20240807193629-1.jpg

Hexagon wheels return ?

Also what are these ???, they look explosive haha, and I am hesitant to even touch it...

20240807174823-1.jpg

That my friend is a cooking pot mine. it is indeed an explosive.

@faatal I have a Qol request:

Could you make it so you can save a RWG seed and IF you want to generate the exact same seed BUT with different options ( for example, many towns instead of default), the game gives you a pop up window allowing us to overwrite the seed giving you a deletion warning  if there are current maps generated from that seed?

That way the game will be able to handle any amount of seeds without having to delete them manually , both on PC and on Console, for those that are not tech-savvy enough to go into the Appdata folder and do it.

Ideally the overwrite could maintain the old seed, but that would mean duplicated RWG names unless you add new generation tags to the names for those features. That's a chore, I gather.

Edit: Or ignore all of the above and allow players to delete a non-default and already generated seed. Easier.

Edited by Blake_ (see edit history)

ismale 

________________________________________________________________________________________

on a sidenote the... ismale wrn 

2024-08-08 13:54:13 5159694 Log   EModelSDCS_isMale_Prefix triggered.
2024-08-08 13:54:13 5159694 Log  Getting isMale value for EModel player_MaleRagdoll

Edited by Grandpa Minion (see edit history)

10 hours ago, MysticalTreyy said:

i was wondering will they put where u can pick up the flags, paintings, and rugs out of the POI's( don't know if that was a mod or not when i used to watch someone play on pc on alpha 21, but was jus wonderin in general.)

I believe you're referring to GNS (Guns Nerds and Steel) on YT. He uses a mod he specifically made himself. He's made it publicly available: GNS Beautiful Bases Mod

It would be nice if that was a vanilla feature, but I doubt it would be very high on their priorities list, if at all.

20 hours ago, Jay_ombie said:

20240807193629-1.jpg

Hexagon wheels return ?

20240807174823-1.jpg

It is a cartel house afterall... 😁

11 hours ago, MysticalTreyy said:

i was wondering will they put where u can pick up the flags, paintings, and rugs out of the POI's( don't know if that was a mod or not when i used to watch someone play on pc on alpha 21, but was jus wonderin in general.)

You'll need GNS's 'Beautiful Bases' mod for that. You can get it here: https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/3318