Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

48 minutes ago, AaronG85 said:

I've searched but havnt found is it possible with 1.0 to crossplay between PS5 and PC? and if so if the PC has server side mods is the PS5 still able to crossplay.

https://7daystodie.com/alpha-exodus-leaving-early-access/

Q: Will the Console Version have Crossplay?
A: While it will not be ready for the 1.0 Release, we are pleased to report that Crossplay connections already work with PC, PS5 and Xbox Series S/X. However, we are waiting for  certification approval with Microsoft and Sony. We intend to have more information in the future, and hope for it to be released with Update 1’s launch (tentatively scheduled for Q4 2024).

Q: Will the Console Edition get modding support?
A: We are discussing this, but there are no concrete plans yet. We are looking into how this might be achieved while maintaining performance on the console edition. 

2 minutes ago, Old Crow said:

https://7daystodie.com/alpha-exodus-leaving-early-access/

Q: Will the Console Version have Crossplay?
A: While it will not be ready for the 1.0 Release, we are pleased to report that Crossplay connections already work with PC, PS5 and Xbox Series S/X. However, we are waiting for  certification approval with Microsoft and Sony. We intend to have more information in the future, and hope for it to be released with Update 1’s launch (tentatively scheduled for Q4 2024).

Q: Will the Console Edition get modding support?
A: We are discussing this, but there are no concrete plans yet. We are looking into how this might be achieved while maintaining performance on the console edition. 

LOL guess i didn't look that hard, thanks for the reply

On 5/27/2024 at 1:14 PM, Дмитрий said:

Hello @Faatal, this is Dmitry wanted to ask I used to remember in the old version of 7 days to die there were quests or magazines of killing zombies, animals!For example, I found a quest and there were animal kills (kill one moose, kill one chicken, pig, and so on) for these quests they gave experience and chips!Please tell me when it will be added again?Thank you in advance!

I remember. We have the new challenge system which should have some similar stuff.

41 minutes ago, Doomofman said:

Sorry, if you post a link on this forum the post gets lost to approval so I didn't bother with it

I never had an issue with any links I posted, they usually get approved fairly quickly.

10 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

I never had an issue with any links I posted, they usually get approved fairly quickly.

Maybe it would have been approved quickly but after having several posts with links get 'lost' in the discussion while waiting for approval I've just stopped bothering

Hellohi @faatal, not exactly your area of expertise here as far as I know, but I'm just curious if the loading screen cards (for world generation) will eventually be updated? :) Quite a few of them show some outdated zombie models, like the old lumberjack in one and the soldier in another. No biggie, just a tiny nitpick. lol

Can`t wait for the dev streams and what they will reveal for us. 

Will we have a thread for questions in dev steams, since the chat in Twitch will be like watching the road surface between your legs while running with bazillion miles a second btw ? 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Roland said:

Funny…I thought it looked like a hairy Fubar Prime….

lol I was just attempting to to paste primes face onto that pic as you posted. I couldn't get a good copy of prime as he doesn't stay still long enough

This was about what I got.

image.png

Edited by Gamida (see edit history)

22 minutes ago, Roland said:

You could have used his emojis and then you would’ve ninja’d my joke. 

:wth::bless_you:

Also 2 minutes after I had the "That would be a funny thing to do" moment, my "Naw, that is too much work" moment kicked in. Guess which one won.

5 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

Hellohi @faatal, not exactly your area of expertise here as far as I know, but I'm just curious if the loading screen cards (for world generation) will eventually be updated? :) Quite a few of them show some outdated zombie models, like the old lumberjack in one and the soldier in another. No biggie, just a tiny nitpick. lol

I was telling my brother the same thing when we playing earlier today. I got the old lumberjack loading screen.

I also hope they make them compatible with ultra widescreen. Those right now are stretched on my 32:9 Samsung G9 Odyssey. The game itself is perfect on a screen of such an aspect ratio, only the loading screens don't look right (only the picture, as the text on the bottom is fine and not stretched). Not a big deal, but more of a wish.

They could always send me an early build and I could test it for them on 32:9. 😁 ... Err!... Alrighty then!

1 hour ago, Space4Ace said:

I was telling my brother the same thing when we playing earlier today. I got the old lumberjack loading screen.

I also hope they make them compatible with ultra widescreen. Those right now are stretched on my 32:9 Samsung G9 Odyssey. The game itself is perfect on a screen of such an aspect ratio, only the loading screens don't look right (only the picture, as the text on the bottom is fine and not stretched). Not a big deal, but more of a wish.

They could always send me an early build and I could test it for them on 32:9. 😁 ... Err!... Alrighty then!

Yeah, most games won't cater to a resolution that makes up less than 3% of the players.

48 minutes ago, SylenThunder said:

Yeah, most games won't cater to a resolution that makes up less than 3% of the players.

But still, 7 Days to Die caters for Linux and Mac... How much percent is that? See my point?

6 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

I would venture that most games released in the last few years do support 32:9, a lot of older games do not.  That said I'm not sure that I've even noticed the loading screens being stretched and therefore quite happy that 7dtd does support it!