It's the apocalypse...

20 minutes ago, Ripflex said:

Nothing, I'm physically disabled and will die anyways - reality check.

If I were healthy, a fire striker (lighters run out), Classic hot sauce, and any 9mm Pistol just because 9mm ammo is abundant.

Reality officially checked. 

I'll push your wheel chair and we'll find the minigun. Deal?

What is the nature of this apocalypse?  But if there are no details then a sturdy short blade would be my first choice.  With that I can make other tools and even acquire what is needed to make fire.  As for hot sauce... something spicy enough to kill germs and bland flavor at the same time would be preferable.

Hot Ones | The Last Dab - Scorpion Pepper Edition | Stuffed peppers ...

Exhorresco:

Exhorresco.jpg.8e49dc369773b72cb26a12f2859a9274.jpg

I would have to bring one of the best hot sauces that i have had yet

along with a Browning .270 with which to gather meat to use the best hot sauce that i've had yet..

and, of course, a striker to build a fire, to cook the meat, to use the best hot sauce that i've had yet..

I have this awesome Yemeni Green Shug recipe that I adore and will take with me to the grave.

My personal gun of choice doesn't lend itself well to the zombie apocalypse.  Eventually gun powder runs out, and I never had to reload my tactical tomahawk.

One item? Depends on nature of the apocalypse, but I keep a offline copy of wikipedia and some other survival eBooks on my phone, so if I was confident in being able to get power periodically, that's high on the list.

Otherwise, my bug out bag does have a multitool with paracord and a foot of duct tape wrapped around it. Can make a lot of things with a multitool, duct tape and cord.

Hot sauce? Sriracha. Might even be able to trade with it.

Australia is different. Virtually no access to guns. Crossbow could be more useful. Bolts that aren't damaged can be reused unlike bullets.

Hmm. My first instinct is a knife or multitool like others are saying. But you asked about items and guns separately, and if these can work like they do in 7DtD, then that junk turret is pretty appealing.

I don't know if I could come up with ammunition for a regular firearm on demand, but I'm sure I could scrounge up some scrap iron to make junk ammo. Plus, to not only use it as a man-portable gun, but also deploy it and have it cover me 24/7 without needing power... however that works, it'd be dang handy.

If that's deemed cheating, then back to the knife/multitool. I'm pretty good at keeping a low profile when I want to, so I may have bigger concerns in the apocalypse than zombie combat.

Hot sauce?  No thank you, that's waaaaaaaay down on the priority list. I might sooner take, say, an N95 mask, if our last pandemic is any indication of how the apocalypse could be.

If you ask me again in six months, I'll probably have different answers.

3 hours ago, Crater Creator said:

Hmm. My first instinct is a knife or multitool like others are saying. But you asked about items and guns separately, and if these can work like they do in 7DtD, then that junk turret is pretty appealing.

I don't know if I could come up with ammunition for a regular firearm on demand, but I'm sure I could scrounge up some scrap iron to make junk ammo. Plus, to not only use it as a man-portable gun, but also deploy it and have it cover me 24/7 without needing power... however that works, it'd be dang handy.

If that's deemed cheating, then back to the knife/multitool. I'm pretty good at keeping a low profile when I want to, so I may have bigger concerns in the apocalypse than zombie combat.

Hot sauce?  No thank you, that's waaaaaaaay down on the priority list. I might sooner take, say, an N95 mask, if our last pandemic is any indication of how the apocalypse could be.

If you ask me again in six months, I'll probably have different answers.

How else are you supposed to season yourself for the zombies? ;)

Item: So, I'm going to bet you can loot and find things still, so I'm going for something "less likely to find in a day", though also assuming its not "fist day of zombie breakout' where there are people helping others and abundant food, power, etc, but more of 'months or more after breakout' like the game.  This means I can probably find knives/blunt weapons, some food/bottled water, fire starters, batteries, flashlights in a few days.  so I'm thinking "specialty personal fit/function things" maybe "really nice fitting solid waterproofed durable shoes/boots" or (if clothing for the climate is assumed not an item... I'm not totally naked already) "night vision goggles". However, the "cause" of the zeds is not stated, so if its known: some antivirals (if this is zed protection and its available) or "full medkit" if we don't have a zed cure.

Hot Sauce: Tobasco (because the bottle is small/light, you only need a drop for some flavor, you can just eat a drop for the hell of it, and it goes well enough with everything and won't torch my stomach), but yeah its not like anything special

Gun: Anything small and light, generic caliber I can find a lot of at that moment (9mm probably) and something easy to load. I'm not very knowledgeable about many types of guns so I'd take whatever I could get and update if needed. its "zombies" so as long as they don't run I'm not sniping them with a gun or carrying anything heavy so small light and quiet, at least for awhile.

Edited by doughphunghus (see edit history)

Item : Multitool axe. Because that way I can get Axe, pliers, screwdrivers, crowbar, saw, Flint and Steel, Hammer, and other things together. No battery concerns, a good one is durable, and doubles as a weapon in a pinch.

Hot Sauce : Sriracha because it goes well with oh so many dishes.

Gun : Definitely a glock 9mm (Probably the Glock 17). It's small, light, reliable, has a good sized magazine, commonly used bullet caliber, enough stopping power to be effective against unarmored opponents, etc.