Alpha 21 Discussion Overflow

meilodasreh

Reading through the responses to IzPrebuilt's post, I find it hilarious how most people read the words but didn't take the time to understand his position. Anybody who pretends that any game's development goes smoothly and couldn't have been done better is fooling themselves. This game is no exception. Most people can deal with it. I'm not going to fault him for getting tired of dealing with all the bs that people get with this game's developers and community. The forums are helpful and a boon to be sure, but there are definitely those on here that like nothing more than to attack anybody who doesn't worship the game like crazed cultists. The game is still fun, but several choices along the way diminished the game, in my opinion. Other things made it greater than ever. If y'all attack people who are down on the game, they won't be inclined to change their mind. Attacking them only makes YOU the bad guy. 

I know this is probably an old topic in this thread, but wanted to say my piece. These forums NEED to be inviting.

2 hours ago, Roland said:

someday with the insane spelunking depths and water/lava draining/filling mechanics of that game--not to mention all the rest.

ah yes, filling mechanics...like water filling an empty glass jar you brought, and you happily take it with you...just imagine that. so beautiful.

Wow I really hope some future game will make that possible.

*pokerface*

i have a idea for the start sequence / additional idea

1- why u dont start WITHOUT BACKPACK? u DONT HAVE a backpack..a backpack can be found in the black waste bin bags (the backpack is still avaible in the game, so why not make it collectible), perhaps u can use more then 1 backpack for storing things (but u can only carry1 at time)

2- u CANT make clothes from grass, BUT u can find shirts(tank top and old yeans (shorts) in the black plastic bags too

3 additional - why not make a SEWING MACHINE in the game? so u can make ur clothes, like shirts (scarps of cloth needed), or leatherjacket/gothic shoes (leather needed), or milityry armoury (military armour this blue rolls needed)

14 hours ago, Blake_ said:

@Hated do you know if the translation for a21 has been improved? Not only words per se, but some areas, like the UI "TIME" and "DAY" were translated (poorly) but are not brought forward to the txt, so we can't even mod them. 

An easier-to-read file would also be appreciated.

Which language are you referring to where TIME and DAY are not translated?

Is there any crowd sourced effort to provide official translations for 7 Days To Die?  I manually translated A19 and A20 into Esperanto and made it available as a mod.  The only problem is that there is a connection between the compass and the chosen language which results in a blank compass when I set the language as Esperanto.
I would love to contribute to an official translation that could be included in the game.

35 minutes ago, 7daysOfFun said:

i have a idea for the start sequence / additional idea

1- why u dont start WITHOUT BACKPACK? u DONT HAVE a backpack..a backpack can be found in the black waste bin bags (the backpack is still avaible in the game, so why not make it collectible), perhaps u can use more then 1 backpack for storing things (but u can only carry1 at time)

2- u CANT make clothes from grass, BUT u can find shirts(tank top and old yeans (shorts) in the black plastic bags too

3 additional - why not make a SEWING MACHINE in the game? so u can make ur clothes, like shirts (scarps of cloth needed), or leatherjacket/gothic shoes (leather needed), or milityry armoury (military armour this blue rolls needed)

1- You would need to be able to carry things without waiting to find a backpack.  If you mean to have more space, the game instead decides to use the idea of being overburdened instead of limiting space and I think that works fine.

2- Why not make clothes from grass as a starter outfit?  You can already find clothing, so that isn't anything new.

3- You can already make clothing.  I think the idea is that you use needle and thread.  No reason to add a sewing machine when you normally don't worry about clothing once you have a set.  And with changes they say they are making to clothing and armor, clothing and armor will be the same thing, making this moot.

6 hours ago, Stranded_Napkin said:

Reading through the responses to IzPrebuilt's post, I find it hilarious how most people read the words but didn't take the time to understand his position. Anybody who pretends that any game's development goes smoothly and couldn't have been done better is fooling themselves. This game is no exception. Most people can deal with it. I'm not going to fault him for getting tired of dealing with all the bs that people get with this game's developers and community. The forums are helpful and a boon to be sure, but there are definitely those on here that like nothing more than to attack anybody who doesn't worship the game like crazed cultists. The game is still fun, but several choices along the way diminished the game, in my opinion. Other things made it greater than ever. If y'all attack people who are down on the game, they won't be inclined to change their mind. Attacking them only makes YOU the bad guy. 

I know this is probably an old topic in this thread, but wanted to say my piece. These forums NEED to be inviting.

Agreed. There's way to much hostility on these forums towards people who have dissenting opinions.

The majority of people who disagree are not hostile to those that don't have the same opinions.  Yes, there have been a few cases where someone stepped over the line, but that doesn't speak for the majority of people that are active in the forums.  And in those cases, the moderators have stepped in.

Besides, you can easily switch what you both have stated.  There has been hostility directed towards those that support TFP.  Hell, I got 3 private messages one night from a forum member telling me to leave because nobody likes me, that I am worthless, and that they were going to find me and physically hurt me...just because I didn't agree with some of the things they posted. 

6 hours ago, Code6 said:

Which language are you referring to where TIME and DAY are not translated?

Is there any crowd sourced effort to provide official translations for 7 Days To Die?  I manually translated A19 and A20 into Esperanto and made it available as a mod.  The only problem is that there is a connection between the compass and the chosen language which results in a blank compass when I set the language as Esperanto.
I would love to contribute to an official translation that could be included in the game.

Nice to meet a fellow translator. I'm correcting the spanish translations, both LATAM and Spanish but I will upload the final version with gold, as we are still missing the story, dialogues and some quests.

I was saying that TIME and DAY do not show in the txt for "easy" translation.

Time and Day are translated into all the supported languages, I've didn't imply otherwise. But in some of them the translation is bad. For example, Time is translated as "tiempo" in a20 spanish which means both weather and time, but referring to the measurement of time in a day, it always translates as HORA , as in ¿qué hora es? (meaning what time is it?).

Current spanish translation, both Latin American and plain spanish are extremely bad. 1989 text engine bad.

I've already correctly translated (fixed and retranslated) all the menus, tools, screentips, etc. But even the menus are still in flux, so I will refrain from fixing it further until release.

10 hours ago, Stranded_Napkin said:

BFT2020 is correct.  There are many responses of people who disagree with others on here but very rarely is it anything other than that they disagree.  No hostility or anger or anything of the sort.  Sure, you always get people who get hot-headed (on BOTH sides) but that's not common here.  In all honesty, I see more anger or hostility from those who don't like something in the game than those who do even though that is still pretty uncommon.  In fact, there are many posts from people who come on here and their first post is something along the lines of "the devs are idiots because they aren't making the game the way I want and they changed this or that and I think that's stupid."  Yes, that's paraphrased but it's a common first post from people who want to complain about some aspect of the game's development.  On the other hand, those who support the game and respond back to them do not do so in anger but instead offer advice or suggestions such as ways to access older alphas or using mods that offer them what they want.  Considering we're nearing gold and things aren't going to go back to the way they were before, these are the best and most helpful suggestions that can be given to someone who is upset about a change.  These are not attacks or said in any offensive way.  So, if you were to compare each side for where the anger and offensive posts come from most, you'll quickly find that it isn't from those who support the game.  You can see it even in your own post, where you call those who support the game "crazed cultists."  That's an attack from you when you're trying to say the other side are the ones who are attacking others.

And I'm not sure anyone is saying the game's development has gone smoothly and couldn't be better.  TFP are new to game development and have learned a lot along the way while making this game.  The things they have learned have sometimes been the reasons for the changes they've made as they found that some things they thought would work didn't work as well as they'd hoped.  Other changes were made for other reasons.  But that really doesn't matter.  The game has provided more hours of gameplay for people than just about anything other than MMOs.  A limited number of games see this number of hours from the average player (I'm not counting those who buy the game and never play it or those who try it once and put it down, though the average is still probably higher than most other games even if you do count those as those numbers are pretty common across all games).  But most see far fewer hours of gameplay.  For their first game, that is huge for them.  It shows the game is very well-liked overall and players enjoy playing the game, whether they are playing vanilla or modded or if they are playing older alphas.  In the end, whichever way they play the game, they are still playing the game.

30 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

After many grueling hours, the QA team was able to isolate the issues and the programmers were able to get fixes in that "appear" to have resolved the issues.

So how many MF bugs are there now to fix?

3 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Dear Diary,

The QA team has spent the last few days trying to nail down a solid reproduction on 2 very nasty bugs.

Both bugs cause a red error spam in the console that forces the player to have to terminate their game to recover.

One happens when visiting a trader (not everytime) while the other happens anywhere.

After many grueling hours, the QA team was able to isolate the issues and the programmers were able to get fixes in that "appear" to have resolved the issues.

We got lucky with one as it involved a particular zombie being submerged in water....😅

On the level design front, a couple of us are working on roadside POIs.  I just checked in the roadside checkpoint POI I was working on so QA can do their thing and provide feedback.  It is a new T4 that supports all quest types.

Was it a spider zombie in the water causing the issue, or maybe crawler? They would be my first points to check due to their different standard movement patterns.

Edited by Necromundi (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Both bugs cause a red error spam in the console that forces the player to have to terminate their game to recover.

[...]

We got lucky with one as it involved a particular zombie being submerged in water....😅

Did the console output look like this?:

NullReferenceException: ZombieUnderWater

11 minutes ago, Rabbitslovecactus said:

@RolandCould you guys put the bug count beside the proposed release date? 

30 -> 28 -> 33 -> 31 -> 26 -> 19 -> 26 -> 21 -> 14 -> 11 -> 3 (sits there for 3 weeks) -> 1 (2 more weeks) -> 18

Now what does that tell you exactly, except for some false hype when its reaches low numbers?

Absolutely nothing.

13 minutes ago, YourMirror said:

30 -> 28 -> 33 -> 31 -> 26 -> 19 -> 26 -> 21 -> 14 -> 11 -> 3 (sits there for 3 weeks) -> 1 (2 more weeks) -> 18

Now what does that tell you exactly, except for some false hype when its reaches low numbers?

Absolutely nothing.

Well, I think they finished working on it weeks ago and have just been sitting back laughing at us, the bug counter would have been a good way to prove they were still hard at work. If they go and post one now I'll have to assume that it's just driven by a random number generator and that they're still just sitting back laughing at us. See you've ruined the whole thing by being negative.

20 minutes ago, meilodasreh said:

bet that lately there have been more people rage quitting the forum than the game 

Hello Darwin my old friend...

I've come to talk with you again.

-Arch Necromancer Morloc 💀

1 hour ago, Mounty said:

Well, I think they finished working on it weeks ago and have just been sitting back laughing at us, the bug counter would have been a good way to prove they were still hard at work. If they go and post one now I'll have to assume that it's just driven by a random number generator and that they're still just sitting back laughing at us. See you've ruined the whole thing by being negative.

They were not being negative at all. Those numbers they showed represent the fact that when you fix one bug, 10 more can crop up as a result of that fix. When everything is connected in an ever evolving web, you can not predict how changing one line of code effects another. And even if you know it's coming, you still have to take the time to fix it. 

1 hour ago, YourMirror said:

Absolutely nothing.

You could make a drinking game out of this. If the developers fix the bugs fast enough then you are too drunk to care that new bugs where discovered 😁

Edited by RipClaw (see edit history)

39 minutes ago, RipClaw said:

You could make a drinking game out of this. If the developers fix the bugs fast enough then you are too drunk to care that new bugs where discovered 😁

Apart from my nickname and that I am 14 years alcohol free, I bet this would lead to a whole new universe of ways to die in the game.