Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

On 10/18/2023 at 9:45 PM, faatal said:

There is a lot of work to do.

I agree, and I am excited to see all new things added to game. and Frankly A21 is good enough for me to wait for A22 for sometime.. so take your time and make much better version as always.. Thanks for your great work. 

13 hours ago, Doomofman said:

Wait what? I thought that video was talking about moving bandits from A21 to A22. So you're saying A23 at earliest? Damn

That video is timeless. it applies to whatever the current and the next alpha currently are.

15 hours ago, faatal said:

Not planned for A22 as was basically said in that video.

With all due respect...

They've been CONSISTENTLY pushed back since A16.

I'm sorry. It's time to start cracking on, getting stuff done and putting a pin in this project as done. There's been many other survival games STARTED and FINISHED in 7DTD's current dev time.

1 hour ago, Jugom said:

That video is timeless. it applies to whatever the current and the next alpha currently are.

I'm guessing either Faatal is unaware of when the interview was done, or Rick and Joel were answering as though "this alpha" was not referring to A21.

On 6/29/2023 at 12:03 AM, faatal said:

Vulkan is still very much an experimental feature in our game and Unity. We will be updating to Unity 2022 LTS for A22, which should have better Vulkan and DX12 support as Unity does improve them each year.

Nice effects! but still using Unity 2021.1 for Alpha 22?

2 hours ago, Old Crow said:

I'm guessing either Faatal is unaware of when the interview was done, or Rick and Joel were answering as though "this alpha" was not referring to A21.

TFP (Rick) were absolutely referring to A21 when saying "we could do a version of bandits, probably, coming to this alpha...".

..but then everybody seems to having stopped listening.

It was made explicitly clear that this A21 version of bandits would have been a basic and totally unfinished version, and they do not want to publish any half-baked stuff in that case, but take their time until they are content. 

So, as annoying as it is, no specific alpha/beta/whatever was announced to be the first public iteration with bandits.

it was just another "when it's done".

3 hours ago, Roland said:

I could tell you but then they'd have to kill me.

1 hour ago, beerfly said:

Craft a bedroll. 

Play your cards right and you might end up with a nice handful of survival provisions and a beautiful note signed by The Duke that's suitable for framing!

1 hour ago, Dreyseth said:

Play your cards right and you might end up with a nice handful of survival provisions and a beautiful note signed by The Duke that's suitable for framing!

I have lost interest sounds like a mobile game which some other company is doing with help from the Pimps.

I could be wrong….