Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

On 9/22/2023 at 9:05 PM, meganoth said:

Whoever programmed the math equation to control the current motorbike was either satisfied with the current way or did not find a perfect formula after some easy tests.

I was satisfied, so I stopped messing with it. I do tweak stuff for a good amount of time and generally have to make myself stop and call it good enough.

It is basically a few numbers, but the problem with changing tuned numbers is you often unleash some other bad edge cases.

On 9/23/2023 at 2:04 AM, mstdv inc said:

@faatal 
1. What are you working on now?
2. Do you often encounter problems in the development of solutions that require a creative approach?
thx

1 Last thing was some Vector3i and 2i inlining optimizations. Have a few similar ones in chunk code for next.

2 Sure. Probably a few times a week.

15 minutes ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

No it is time, game engine is getting a bit old. Time to wrap up 7D2D before it's a dinosaur.

Then double down and give info as to what games are being worked on plus release in early access.

Gotta get that 7DTD part 2 electric Boogaloo

Where is alpha 22 dev diary and overlord armor!!!!! Tell ME I KNOW YOU ARE HIDING IT FROM ME

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

22 minutes ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

No it is time, game engine is getting a bit old. Time to wrap up 7D2D before it’s a dinosaur.

Then double down and give info as to what games are being worked on plus release a early access.

It's only been a little over 10 years and I don't think they will add dinosaurs, that's just silly in a zombie game.

:D

On 10/18/2023 at 6:15 PM, faatal said:
On 10/16/2023 at 2:55 PM, archergod said:

I am pretty sure it won't be coming this year.. they are good some new addition as of now.. which are great .. so it take time to cook.. 

There is a lot of work to do.

@faatal

fair enough, thx.

@everybody else

be aware that fataal does follow TFPs guideline to not give out any dates, neither exact nor estimated, but nevertheless did this.

So put 2+1 together and don't expect 22 in 23, but 24.

just my 25ct.

Just now, faatal said:

Not planned for A22 as was basically said in that video.

Hey try to get the Pimps to give us a small overview of what they’re working on besides 7D2D, it is time. Small overview is expect multiplayer or expect single player. Expect building or no building. Expect scifi, near future, current day or past setting. That type stuff would be great.

3 hours ago, faatal said:

Not planned for A22 as was basically said in that video.

Holy crap, really? Pretty sure that video was saying they WERE pushed to A22. How many times are bandits going to get pushed back? Are we still at least getting the new player models and armor sets in A22? If not, what IS coming in A22?

Edited by Old Crow (see edit history)

On 10/18/2023 at 4:28 PM, Doomofman said:

Do you know if the Twitchcon console demo will have bandits or are they not far enough along yet? Though I'm not sure if us forum plebs will be allowed see any of it anyway

I don’t know much but I can say the TwitchCon demo will not have bandits. I think the biggest appeal of the demo, for attendees, will simply be in seeing 7DtD playable on console (again).