Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

6 hours ago, meilodasreh said:

For the backroom storage/delivery/receiving goods area it would in fact fit perfectly.

Just ask you local stores if you may take a look

Sure, maybe for a store, but not universally. When I worked at a hardware store a long, long time ago boxes coming off the truck were not opened unless the item was going on the floor. Back in the stocks, everything remained boxed so that it didn't get dusty or damaged. The most likely thing to be sitting around open was a reusable plastic tub in which small items were shipped. The closest block we have to in the game that would be a shopping basket, but that would look weird having a bunch of those laying around in a POI.

For a large active manufacturer's or distributor's warehouse a bunch of open boxes doesn't look right. When I once worked at a business that shipped things, the boxes were either sitting there all sealed up waiting on transportation, or the boxes were flat ready to be assembled. Only an order that was being filled had an open box. The shelves full of goods in inventory were all in closed boxes.

9 hours ago, meilodasreh said:

For the backroom storage/delivery/receiving goods area it would in fact fit perfectly.

Just ask you local stores if you may take a look 🙂

My store I work in has one! 

But only a cardboard box one 

Maybe in the future they take recycling super seriously 

So much so where plastic blinds are made of toothpaste tubs and bottles! :)

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

16 hours ago, meilodasreh said:

Just ask you local stores if you may take a look 🙂

Lots of grocery stores have cardboard balers in their receiving / warehouse areas.

maxresdefault (1).jpg

5 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Lots of grocery stores have cardboard balers in their receiving / warehouse areas.

I have one of those for my hopes and dreams about procedural cave POIs. Do you have any info on the subject? Loving the new POIs, but extensive underground exploration is extremely appealing for many. I have yet to meet a fellow player online that dislikes the idea. 

2 hours ago, Blake_ said:

I have one of those for my hopes and dreams about procedural cave POIs. Do you have any info on the subject? Loving the new POIs, but extensive underground exploration is extremely appealing for many. I have yet to meet a fellow player online that dislikes the idea. 

I think the Rotten Caverns are the closest we've gotten as of recent. Some more that are based off of Arizona's cave systems would be quite cool too.

12 hours ago, 3467542 said:

NEEBS  at 8:59!  HECK YA "As much as we've ^&%$ played it, I still love playing it.  And you damn well know what it is"

Talking @%$#e about 7days story. U know what? It's gonna be buggy, but when it comes, I will laugh in gameplay hours. All is fun and games until you come home from work, play a little and all of a sudden it's been weeks.

22 hours ago, 3467542 said:

NEEBS  at 8:59!  HECK YA "As much as we've ^&%$ played it, I still love playing it.  And you damn well know what it is"

I was just watching Shroud's last 7 Days stream, from March of this year, and him and his crew were basically saying the same thing. 

6 hours ago, n2n1 said:

What is the reason for the delay A21.2 stable?
is this because of twichcon?

If they don't have some special feature for twitchcon, my guess would be that they are simply collecting as many bug fixes as they can. It could mean that 21.2 would be the final release before A22.